• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Fulham vs Arsenal | 04/03/06

ken_75

Jens 7 (everything he did, did right tho not much troubled)

Eboue 7.5 (good game / overlapping)
Flamini 7 (great effort couldn't do better)
Toure 8.5 (great solid game)
Senderos 7 (improved effort)

Diaby 7 (good effort)
Hleb 8 (great game)
Gilberto 8 (unsung hero - doing dirty work in the middle)
Ljungberg 8.5 (back to business)

Henry 8.5 (started slow - improved throughout - 2 well taken goals)
Adebayor 7 (improving)

>YounGunner<

Established Member
Lehman 6 - Not troubled

Eboue - 8- Great perfromance best player of this month and will keep his place.

Flamini - 7 - Guy played with his heart and looks like a naturel left back.

Senderos - 6- Not troubled

Toure - 7- Great i love the way he runs into space starting attacks. Looks like a great sweeper and a defender.

Ljungberg - 9- Old Freddie is back. Ran his heart out and made some great actions

Diaby - 7- He must have came out of Vieiras bum hole . The guy is a mirror image of Vieira. Very fast aswell i underrated his pace before.

Gilberto - 6.5- Not troubled much.

Hleb - 9- Played like Zidane just Awesome.

Cesc - 7- Nearly created a goal and scored aswell.

Reyes - 6- Great dummy for Fabregas goal and showed some nice touches

Henry - 9- He cares!!! Loved the way he played just like the good old Henry.

Adebayor - 6- Has a bad touch and gave the ball away many times but got a goal and thats his job.

DB10 6 - Not much time for him.

Dennis10

gstew said:
Lehmann - 7

Bergkamp -- 3
Reyes -- 7

Wow, you're really slaughtering a guy who played for 20 minutes and made very few mistakes...

He came in, passed the ball simple and precise, as he always do, and lost a couple of unimportant tackles. And he was outrun by Volz once...

RockyRocastle

Established Member
BannedKwame said:
Lehmann - 7

Eboue-- 7.5
Toure -- 7
Senderos --7
Flamini-- 7

Hleb-- 8.5
Ljunberg--8.5
Diaby-- 7.5
Gilberto -- 7

Henry-- 9
Adebayor-- 7

I would say that is more or less spot on.

raphael_as

Wow, you're really slaughtering a guy who played for 20 minutes and made very few mistakes...

He came in, passed the ball simple and precise, as he always do, and lost a couple of unimportant tackles. And he was outrun by Volz once...
While I agree a 3 is pretty harsh, it saddens me that he couldn't make that run when put through - the man is a legend for us, but he really does look like a shadow of his former self this year, the drop in his physical ability has really killed a lot of what he gave us on the pitch.

Other then that, everyone had a good game IMO - Freddie gets my vote as most improved, Flamini gets a special mention as turning into a pretty good left back - I loved the fact that he actually made the overlap with Freddie for the 4th goal, Henry actually seems to give a **** again, Hleb is finally showing why we paid £10 million for his signature and all in all the team seems to be playing as a team - Reyes dummy on the 4th goal gets a special mention in that regard: he knew there was a team-mate better positioned for the goal and so passed over it. Perhaps the 'we can turn it around in March' thread wasn't so fanciful - or is it that hope springs eternal? :lol:

dafish

Jens 7 didn't have much to do, but rose up to challenge when needed

Eboue 6 exactly what i talked about in the madrid game. got exposed when going forward

Flamini 6 had a decent game. but a few non-lethal, but ugly mistakes.
Senderos 7 i thought senderos did quite well. had one mistake in the game that could've cost us 1 goal. but overall kept fulham very quiet

Toure 8 great game. another solid performance and never looked troubled

Ljungberg 8.5 played great on the left and covered for flam well. also got into a number of scoring chances where he was EXTREMELY unlucky not to be on the score sheet.

Diaby 7 Did great for us. a few mistimed tackles and a yellow card is what kept him from getting a 8. great runs, solid passing, and had 2 shots on goal that was unlucky to miss

Gilberto 7.5 lots of tackles put in today. gave a ball away once or twice when he was pressured, but he was usually surrounded when that happened. i really hope he plays like this more often.

Hleb 8 lots of good runs and passes starting to look good. only a matter of time to hit top form. i hope he keep producing same form for Real

Henry 9 lots of great runs. started slow and looked like another poor performance in the opening 15-20 min. after arsenal got into the flow, he looked like his old self again.

but as a captain you're suppose to get the team into the flow, not ride it if the team does.

Adebayor 7 decent game. got a good header for freddy who only marginally missed. had a few good runs and passes. generally looked exciting on the attack. no finished product unfortunately

dafish

JML said:
Cesc - 8, just because he scored
Reyes - 0

you do realize reyes was part of setting up so that cesc had the shot right? hes the ones that gave the assist?

some fans i wonder if they even watch the same game... :shock:

dafish

Re: fulham - arsenal, player ratings

kel varnsen said:
gilberto - 5,5. stabilized the midfield well, but he still gives the ball away a few times.

dude... considering u just complemented the guy in stablizing the midfield, giving the ball away a few times is enough to drop him a 5.5?!

how on earth did u rate flamini who gave it away 2x as much and almost conceded a penalty?

nazo

Established Member
RockyRocastle said:
BannedKwame said:
Lehmann - 7

Eboue-- 7.5
Toure -- 7
Senderos --7
Flamini-- 7

Hleb-- 8.5
Ljunberg--8.5
Diaby-- 7.5
Gilberto -- 7

Henry-- 9
Adebayor-- 7

I would say that is more or less spot on.

I agree with this too but I think Freddie was MOTM.

PaulDavis

Adebayor lazy :shock: ???? lol!!!!!

watch the game mate. he ran more than anyone except ljungberg!

Go watch the replay again mate. How many times has adebayor loses the ball and appeared reluctant to get it back. :roll:

jay-d

Established Member
dafish said:
Henry 9 lots of great runs. started slow and looked like another poor performance in the opening 15-20 min. after arsenal got into the flow, he looked like his old self again.

but as a captain you're suppose to get the team into the flow, not ride it if the team does.

There will always be one. :roll:

Legend#1

Established Member
Jens - 7 (Nothing to do, but when called upon, saved well, I love the crazy German, so he gets a 7)

Eboue - 7 (Got forward very well, set up Diaby with a great chance, he linked up with Hleb very well, got caught out positionally a couple of times but he's learning, plus he has King Kolo to cover for him)

Kolo - 8 (Was everywhere, stopped every attack that came his way, I especially liked the part where Gilberto lost possession in the midfield in the 1st half and they were surging for a counter attack, and Kolo just nicked the ball off the player and calmed things down, covered well for Eboue at times)

Senderos - 7 (Played well, won the aeriel battle with McBride who is good in the air, not as clumsy as usual, but I still don't feel incredibly comfortable, hopefully it's just 2nd season syndrome, he is only 20 anyway, PLENTY of time)

Flamini - 7 (Played good enough, considering he's not a left back at all, got caught out of position a few times but brilliant overlap and ball to set up Cesc)

Hleb - 8 (Really finding his feet now, kept possesson very well, linked up good with Eboue, some better passing, great dribbling, he really looked a threat all day, tracked back when needed, 1 of his best performances, starting to show flashes of why he was bought)

Diaby 7.5 (Started off a bit shaky, but grew in confidence, got stuck in well, broke up attacks and surged forward very well, some neat passing to, got an assist for Henry's goal, looking like a very good long term buy)

Gilberto - 7 (Wasn't mentioned much, so he done his job I suppose, some dodgy passing though, and lost possession a few times, but Fulham's inability to score in a brothel meant we didn't have problems from counter attacks)

Freddie - 9.5 MOTM (Absolutely brilliant, this was vintage Fred that made him a terrace icon in the past, worked tirelessly, popped up everywhere, when we needed width he provided it on the left, then he'd pop up in the centre and create, tracked back very well, even showed good dribbling, deserved a goal and was very unlucky not to have 1, great assist for Andre 3000, hopefully the Madrid game means he's turned a corner, i've criticised him all season and tbh, rightly so, but when he produces performances like this, I don't mind)

Thierry - 9 (Started off slow, some poor touches, lost possession, I thought it was going to be 1 of those days, espexially when Eboue put him through and his 1st touch just trickled to Warner, but after he scored his 1st, you could tell his confidence was back up, even legends like Thierry need confidence, after that he was everywhere, creating chances, dropping back to collect, using PACE for the 1st time in a while, running at the defence, tracking back.. His 2nd half performance was a joy to behold from start to finish, he created so many chances, Ade missed a sitter, Freddie has a couple saved, he gave Volz an absolutely torrid time, deserved his 2nd with a typical fish, rightly got a standing ovation from the Arsenal lot when he was subbed)

Ade - 7 (2 goals in 5 games is a good return, i'm confident he will succeed cause I know he has the right capabilities to succeed, his finishing has always been erratic but I feel at a club like Arsenal he will improve it, he also lacks composure in front of goal, he's only 21 so he will learn, his 1st touch is very good but was way too inconsistent today, he holds the ball up well, lays it off well.. 1 thing I always knew about him was his lack of work rate and laziness, but every game he's played he's worked very hard, maybe he's just trying to make a good 1st impression on Arséne, but hopefully he keeps it up, should have had a couple more today, but took his goal well in an important time of the game)

Subs (Won't give ratings, since they didn't have the time:

Bergkamp (Just back from injury, looked off the pace, I was hoping he'd have the pace to score that through ball but wasn't to be)

Reyes (Great little dummy for Cesc's goal)

Cesc (Took his goal very well, full of confidence)

kel varnsen

Established Member
Re: fulham - arsenal, player ratings

dafish said:
kel varnsen said:
gilberto - 5,5. stabilized the midfield well, but he still gives the ball away a few times.

dude... considering u just complemented the guy in stablizing the midfield, giving the ball away a few times is enough to drop him a 5.5?!

how on earth did u rate flamini who gave it away 2x as much and almost conceded a penalty?

to me, a five is ok. a 5.5 is more than ok. it is close to good. i use the enitre scale. flamini got some extra points because of his nice assist.

kel varnsen

Established Member
to everyone, thierry was the mom. to claim otherwise is nonsense. he was absolutely outstanding the last 60 mins. sure, hleb and freddie played very well, but this isn't relative scores. the best player, deserves to be the mom. when henry bothers. when he is fit and really wants to have a go at it, he is the best player in the world.

Guillermo

Now that the excitement of winning an away game 4-nil has significantly worn off, I feel I can now give my honest opinions.

Lehmann - (6) Rarely troubled, if at all. Made a good low stop from what I can remember.

Eboue - (7) Impressive offensively and defensively. Was a threat down the right.

Flamini - (6) Dependable. Deseverves a lot of credit for his efforts in this position, it's still plainly obvious how much we miss Cole and Clichy.

Senderos - (7) Solid. Despite one slight lapse, he had a very good game yesterday, winning almost all of his aerial battles. Oh, and THAT bicycle kick...

Toure - ( 8 ) Superb, just superb.

Gilberto - (6) Looked okay. Broke up a few moves from what I remember, pretty anonymous.

Diaby - (5) Quite sloppy. Grew in confidence, but gave away possesion numerous times. Received a card for a careless tackle.

Ljungberg - ( 8 ) Tireless, and very dangerous. Warranted at least a goal.

Hleb - (7) A pleasure to watch. Looked to have grown in confidence as the team tok the lead. Some nice passes and movement.

Henry - (9) Immense. Perhaps could have scored more, but he was on top form. Electric pace, strength, rapid movement... he had it all.

Adebayor - (7) Good effort. First touch and finishing let him down. I struggle to see why people have branded him lazy.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Jens 6

Eboue 7.5
Flamini 6
Senderos 6.5
Toure 7.5

Ljungberg 8.5
Diaby 7.5
Gilberto 6
Hleb 8.5

Henry 9
Adebayor 7

Liberace

PaulDavis said:
Adebayor lazy :shock: ???? lol!!!!!

watch the game mate. he ran more than anyone except ljungberg!

Go watch the replay again mate. How many times has adebayor loses the ball and appeared reluctant to get it back. :roll:

again, go watch the whole game, don't talk to me when you only watched the highlights. :roll:

Lukazan

Established Member
One thing Adebayor can definitely not be criticised of is laziness.

Infact his work rate off the ball has surprised me immensely..

Against Blackburn, Birmingham and Liverpool when a player had the ball and was advancing forward I saw Ade making good runs and trying to find space for the player on the ball... all the time while Henry stood there with his hands on his hips expecting an ineffectual pass square to his feet.

From what I have seen so far, his off the ball movement seems surprisingly intelligent.

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady
Top Bottom