• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Liverpool vs Arsenal | 31/03/07

athreya74

Gurgen said:
the hate for one particular player who did little wrong apart from one miss.

That is unintentionally funny. Even Arsène couldn't have thought of such an excuse. I think only Lehman, Gallas and Ade were in the game. So I would give Jens 5 and Gallas 5.5 and Ade 6. All the others 4 and below with Baptista deserving a 1. That's because he managed to actually touch the ball a few times. Diaby deserves some slack because he was playing out of position most of the time he ws on the pitch.

Must be said that we were a tad unlucky. If one of Ade's eforts had gone in the complexion would have changed. We might have still lost but it would have been a close game.

On Cesc though, here's a guy being run into the ground, mentally if not physically. He came out and said he's looking for a break. The Carling cup and the CL losses as well as the pressure of carrying the midfield must be weighing on him. With the long-term in mind, may be it's worthwhile to rest him starting from the next match itself.

One final thought - looking at the performance of the defence, our supposedly first choice back four, maybe it is too early for the 'drop Gilberto' campaign?

dos1986

Established Member
Lehmann 5 - silly booking

Eboue 5 - looked unfit and disinterested
Toure 4 - awful
Gallas 5 - poor
Clichy 5 - gave away the ball too often

Helb 3 - should not be paid for that.

Is it me, or does he look like he is ill?Looked really miserable and thin.

Cesc 5 - his shirt swaping request summed him up,showed no heart and discipline

Denilson 5 - ordinary

Diaby 5 - out of position but had his moments

Baptista 3 - If that is someone trying to earn a move then heaven help us if he is signed

Adebayor 6 - our MOM but still poor except for his double woodwork hit

Subs

Ljunberg 4 - ran around with little effect
Rosicky 3 - done nothing
Hoyte not on long enough to earn a rating

Wenger 3 - what was he thinking today with that selection.

A defence with an average height of 5'8 against the 6'7 Crouch.madness

Gurgen

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
Gurgen said:
Rofl @ the pathetic knee jerk reactions and the hate for one particular player who did little wrong apart from one miss.

Apart from Endris you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

if you mean baptista, then its hardly knee-jerk. its been builiding up for a while now. he has had a run and offered nothing.

I agree with that and have said he isn't good enough in the Baptista thread. But it's unfair to single out every mistake he makes when everyone apart from Ade was just as bad, if not worse.

Sammer

Established Member
The problem is that players like Baptista have put themselves in a non-win situation by consistently missing the goal.

Of course, other players were almost as bad, but you cannot blame the fans´ tendency to single some players out, with a good reason.

Naturally, there is a fine line between silly player bashing and rationally assessing whether players should have a future at Arsenal.

With Baptista it is quite easy. He should go. And so should Aliadière.

Everyone else can stay, including Hleb ;)

alonso14

Established Member
Big Poppa said:
That Man Utd side was terrific. We were s**t that day, but you could easily point out the fact that we had Grimandi and Stepanovs at the centre of defence. This was supposed to be our strongest defensive line-up and it was made to look league 1 standard by peter f****g crouch. Just poor all round

you see this winds me up

Actually Crouch was terrific on Saturday......if you expect people to take your opinion seriosuly dont be so myopic when it comes to the opposition.....Listen to what your esteemed manager said about him

If Rooney or Henry had scored that thrid goal we would never hear the last of it from the media

Peter Crouch was excellent on Saturday and most defenders would have struggled

alonso14

Established Member
thats because he is a good player......

He lacks pace and his heading is hit and miss...although he has scored 2 in 2 now!!

(Cliche alert) He has fantastic touch (for a big man!) and when he is confident he is very composed in front of goal

he looks gangly and is freakily tall.....he can play however

Lukazan

Established Member
Crouch gets a lot of stick but he really is a very decent player. Perhaps not for Arsenal but in general I'd take him over Adebayor every single day of the week.

True Gooner

Established Member
alonso14 said:
thats because he is a good player......

He lacks pace and his heading is hit and miss...although he has scored 2 in 2 now!!

(Cliche alert) He has fantastic touch (for a big man!) and when he is confident he is very composed in front of goal

he looks gangly and is freakily tall.....he can play however

How nice to see you :) ! Heard a lot about you, wondered why I have never seen you until Saturday :wink:

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom