• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Manchester United vs Arsenal | 17/09/06

wowwow.

Lehmann- 8 petulant as usual but class performance

Eboue- 7 was strong defensively, decent going forward,considering he had ronaldo to mark,i think he did great.

Toure- 8 did well, was strong and helped djourou settle well

Djourou- 7 alot better this game considering the opposition

Gallas-8 brilliant, was powerful and controlled he is gonna be big,very big

Ljunberg- 6.5 not the freddie from a few years ago, still works hard but is not up to it, in an attacking sense,still for effort

Gilberto, 8 looks to be a natrual captain, did not let his head drop after missing the penalty,gave us bite in the middle,still gives the ball away cheaply at times

Cesc 8 Great play and then pass 4 the goal, abit more like it, after being quite wasteful with his final pass lately,still dwells stlightly too long on the ball(at times)

Rosicky 8 was everywhere, gets forward well links play excellently,great player looks like he has been here forever, scary thought is if pires had decided to stay this little gem wouldnt be here.

Helb 7 got forward well, tracked back too, and nice feint and pass to rosicky which could have resulted in a goal, more like from helb.

Adebayor 9 worked tirelessly held the ball up well, lead the line and caused problems for the united defence,still could be more clinical.

Baptista 7 looked dangerous, i am really excited by him.

Gurgen

Established Member
Kel, I'd like to point out that Jens was wrongly booked. He picked the ball up from the line. Poll was 40 yards away and could never have seen it, he only called it because Rooney appealed, the ****.

jay-d

Established Member
Lehmann - 9 - That save at the end was better than Gordon Banks' save versus Brazil, unbelievable, other good saves as well.

Toure - 8.5 - Kolo IS a WORLD CLASS CB FULL STOP.

Djourou - 8 - The kid has great potential. Great game. CB has gone from a problem position to a good one Wenger obviously saw what we didn't.

Eboue - 7.5 - Good game.

Gallas - 8 - Adds so much defensivley.

Gilberto - 7 - Played well should have scored that penalty

Hleb - 7.5 - This guy is class.

Ljunberg - 6.5 - Worked hard but in decline I reckon, weakest link in mid 5 today.

Rosicky - 7.5 -Played really well, adds another dimension to the team good passing , great shot on him.

Cesc - 7 - Mixed bag but nicley rounded off with the assist. Class.

Adebayor - 8.5 - Played very well a very good lone striker.

Baptista - 7 - Caused problems and looks to be settling in neatly.

Wenger - 9 - Would have got a 10 if he replaced Freddie with Theo.

Lukazan

Established Member
Elan Tedronai said:
rosicky: 8 I love this guy. he is good. But he just needs to weigh up his options before he shoots.

No he doesn't, really. He has a bloody good shot on him and he should shoot whenever there is space tbh.

Jeesh, most of the forum were complaining we don't shoot enough last week.

RC8

Established Member
Lehmann 8

Eboue 8
Djourou 8
Toure 9
Gallas 8

Hleb 8
Rosicky 8
Gilberto 7
Cesc 9
Ljungberg 8

Ade 8

Wenger 9

Team Chemistry 10

Trick

Lehman - Great. Caught corner after corner and got smacked straight in the face with a nasty shot, what did he do straight after that? catch another corner. Save of the season already for me at the end, and made me laugh with o shea :) 9

Eboue - Running up and down the wing all the time, defensively sound. 8

Toure - A rock, simply the best way to describe him, brilliant. Unbelievable stretch to cut out a through ball at the end. 9

Djourou - Didnt see him make one mistake, must of been great having toure and gallas beside him, done him the world of good. 8

Gallas - Solid 8.5

Hleb - Creative as always, a great little spark. 7.5

Fab - Passes went astray but was creative when on the ball, supplied the tackle and through ball for ade. 7.5

Gilberto - Passing was off but he played well barring that and the penalty miss. 7

Rosicky - I love it when he gets the ball and runs. Very exciting and fast, What a strike hes got to top it off. 8

Freddie - Making runs & supporting players. He still needs to find his finishing instinct again though. 6.5

Ade - He worked and worked and it all paid off. He held up ball brilliantly and has brilliant strength and balance when on the ball. Stop the pointless criticsm. 8.5

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i think many of you are being blind to Cesc's overall performance.. he certainly didnt "boss" anything today.. he had a few good passes, and set up Ade's goal, but apart from that, was fairly quiet... giving him anything higher than a 7 or at most 7.5 is downright wishful thinking.. there were considerably better players on the pitch tonight...

Jens - 8.5 - good keepers can produce 1-2 big saves a match when their team needs them.. Jens did that today...

Eboue - 7 -the boy can go forward like a locomotive, but gets caught up sometimes.. almost cost us when Ronaldo got behind him and smashed into Jens' face...

Toure - 8 - did what he had to do most of the time.. Saha looked like he got the better of him once or twice, but that's about it.. and looked like he was playing through pain in the last 20 minutes or so...

Djourou - 7 - decent enough performance.. a few bad decisions, but overall fairly solid.. one has to think if anything would have been different if Phil played... (Phil has never beaten MU)

Gallas - 7.5 - experience helps, even if he plays out of position... cant wait til he gets to partner Kolo...

Hleb - 7 - didnt think he did a whole lot today.. not bad, but not great.. hardly heard his name TBH

Gilberto - 7.5 - played well.. he has grown into leadership.. plays better and more confident when he has to be the leader on the pitch.. didnt do all that much in terms of helping out the offence, and missed a PK, but defensively solid enough...

Cesc - 7 - as i said earlier Cesc was average today with one or 2 good passes, one leading to the goal... that in itself earnes him an extra point..

Freddie - 7 - Typical performance from Freddie lately.. lots of hard work, little to show for it...

Rosicky - 8 - this guy can attack.. and maybe someone has finally decided to give a player at Arsenal the green light to fire away... he can shoot, and i hope he continues.. keeps the keeper and defence honest instead of overplaying certain players...

Adebayor - 8 - he wasn't bad as the target man... created a few problems in the MU defence over the match.. could have done better with a couple of pretty decent chances he had, but he scored the game winner at OT... that in itself is worthy of an 8 rating...

Subs

Baptista - 6 - had a couple half chances.. nothing too spectacular.. once he gets the flow of our game a bit more, i think he could be more effective.. might get a start in one of our next few matches...

Flamini - not much time in the match TBH.. we held on for a clean sheet and a win.. he helped that at the end.. good enough.. would give higher than a 6, but wasnt in long enough...

lagos

Established Member
ashwin_eats said:
adebayor - 8.5 played well but we missed henry's pace and finishing abilities today..

Really?
we have not won a game with henry this season
we have won all games when henry is not playing

miss him? not on his present form!

IBL

Established Member
Lehman 8.5 - World class save at the end, saved with his face, kept us in the game

Eboue 7 - Coped with CRonaldo very well bar one error
Toure 8 - King Kolo again put in a passionate performance
Djourou 7 - very good game by the youngster, not daunted at all, only 19 too
Gallas 6 - good defensive showing

Hleb 7 - strong and tenacious effort
Gilberto 7.5 - was everywhere again, another composed captains performance
Cesc 6.5 - was good, not great but bossed the midfield, superb tackle and pass for the goal
Rosicky 7.5 - I like this guy, he has balance, shoots on site, creative, loves a tackle, good performance
Ljungberg 6.5 - tireless display, always gets stuck in, helped out defensively

Adebayor 8 - by far his best game, won us the penalty, worked tirelessly, held the ball well and took his goal nicely. Still can't shoot for fudge

SUBS
Beast 6 - good cameo, annoyed the ManU defense
Flamini 6 - ok

Wenger 9

Jimbo14

wtf are most of you on about!! Eboue had Ronaldo in his back pocket all game!! Thats why he switched to the right!!!

Lehman-9- in the zone!!
eboue-9- read the above
toure-8-as a rock
djourou-8- great patnership
gallas-8-no problems

rosicky-8- he's not afraid to shopot hallilulia
cesc-9-immense!
Gilberto-7- not his best game, but did his job
hleb-6.5- not his best game!

lunjberg-7-good link up play

Ade-7- good goal but how many chances did he squander?!!

kel varnsen

Established Member
USArsenal said:
i think many of you are being blind to Cesc's overall performance.. he certainly didnt "boss" anything today.. he had a few good passes, and set up Ade's goal, but apart from that, was fairly quiet... giving him anything higher than a 7 or at most 7.5 is downright wishful thinking.. there were considerably better players on the pitch tonight...

just goes to show how incredible fickle most fans are. cesc played much better against both city and boro, yet many gooners wanted him out of the team and claimed he looked 'knackered' and such. today, after a rather mediocre performance, but the team wins, he is hailed. go figure... :roll:

Hand of god

Why is everybody saying that we have not won a game with Henry in the side this season like it would be better if we did not have him in the team. He is off form i will give u but we are a far better team with him in the side and one result, however fantastic, does not change that.

Lehmann - 9 - Incredible saves, but almost lost his cool again!

Eboue - 7 - Worked hard to keep Ronaldo (who looks more and more like Michael Jackson day by day - FREAK!) under control. Positioning sometimes odd.

Toure - 8 - If any footballer in the world is deserving of his money, and makes you believe he actually has to work for it, then its Kolo. Here's your £40,000 for this week mate, well done!

Djourou - 8 - I'm giving him 8 coz he's still 19, otherwise he should have had a 7 for some of his passes. I have to say though, the more I see of him, the more I would prefer to have him ahead of Senderos who reminds me of Campbell at his best, neither of them are footballers in the purest sense. This boy, however, can play a bit.

Gallas - 8 - You can tell someone who is top quality instantly, and this guy is. You can tell someone who hates Utd also, and knows how to best them. In control always.

Gilberto - 7 - Never stopped working, good responsibility to take the pen, but I never thought he was gonna score. Credit to him though, he kept going.

Fabregas - 8 - Never stopped also, but gave the ball away on occasions and again guilty of some over play. However, showed his class to put Ade in so I'm giving him an 8.

Rosicky - 7 - This guy is also class, and given time he will be scoring plenty from midfield for us. I liked his workrate and also that despite his size, he was never scared of the thug chavs, unlike Reyes.

Hleb - 7 - Neat and tidy mostly, with good close control. Linked well with Eboue in first half. Gradually giving more and more penatration, but needs to provide more assists and more goals to be considered a long term success.

Ljungberg - 6 - Sorry Freddie, you worked hard and never give up, but never also really looked like getting anywhere. Keep trying though.

Adebayor - 9 - Shoved those words of the doubters right back in their asses with a performance that even Henry at his best should be proud of. Sure, he misses chances, but his workrate and sheer team effort are amazing and he should be given a heros reception at the next home game. We need to suck the ball into the net at the Emirates for this guy, not getting on his back. He can really make a difference for us against the thug teams, and proved it today. Loved it at the end on Sky when he thought the Champers was for him not Fabregas. Fab should give it to him.

Baptista - 6 - Looks a bit lost at the moment when he comes on. The team not sure how to find, he's not sure where to go. However, he got the ball a couple of times and showed what he's about. He showed his strength a couple of times on the balls, with thug chavs bouncing off his body, and also had a strong direct run at goal and was unlucky not to bend it in. Ferdinand looked so scared, I bet he pissed his little R&B pants a bit.

andyswafc

WHO WAS I HUGGING AND SCREAMING AT AFTER THE GAME IN THE GUNNERS PUB THAT SAID THEY WERE FROM MANIA? THERE WERE A FEW OF YOU!

ken_75

Jens 9

Eboue 7.5
Gallas 7.5
Toure 8.5
Djourou 8

Hleb 8
Fabregas 8.5
Gilbero 8.5
Tomo 8.5
Ljungberg 7.5

Ade 8

Baptista 7
Flamini 7

highbury_boy

Lehmann- 7.5 he made a good save with his face and at the end but today we saw a bit of lehmann that we dont want to see getting mad and all but its good fun.

gallas- 8.5
eboue- 8
toure- 8.5
djourou-8.5
hleb-6.5
rosicky-8
gilberto-7.5
fabs- 8
Ljunberg- 6.5
ade-8
"the beast"- 7

KingReyes

Established Member
Jens 8 - World class saves both with hands and face.

Eboue - 7 - Good going forward, solid in defense. Only at fault with the Ronaldo chance

Kolo - 8 - Solid as usual

Djourou - 7 - Another solid game, takes the ball out of defense well

Gallas - 7 - Solid as well, great to see him celebrate at the end

Rosicky 7 - Good passing and movement. Looked dangerous most of the time

Gilberto 7 - Pity about te penalty miss but solid again.

Cesc 8 - Got forward to support Ade as much as possible. Also tried to control the game but came short with a few passes. He rose to the occasion in the second half though and played a part in the goal.

Hleb 7 - Look at Rosicky

Freddie 7 - Good work rate and linked well with Gallas.

Ade 9 - Ran his arse off, won us a pen, scored with a great finish and gave the Manc defense problems. Well done to the lad.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsène Wenger's idea is not only to play good football. It's to play good football to win. In my day, we knew that with our style we could hurt teams and win trophies too. But we did it our way, with the positional game, passing, movement.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom