• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Portsmouth vs Arsenal | 12/04/06

PaulDavis

Lehmann - 6
Djouro - 6
Toure - 7.5
Campbell - 6.5
Flamini - 6
Diaby - 6
Song - 5
Ljungberg - 5.5
Reyes - 5
Adebayor - 4
Henry - 6.5

PaulDavis

Lehmann - 6
Djouro - 6
Toure - 7.5
Campbell - 6.5
Flamini - 6
Diaby - 6
Song - 5
Ljungberg - 5.5
Reyes - 5
Adebayor - 4
Henry - 6.5

adjie

Completely agree with most of rating,
except Ade should get 5, while Song is 4.

Ade just had avg performance, except the sitter.

Freddie with his descent run as usual, but once he start
scoring again, maybe we'll be back as EPL king.

While for Song, ah, dunno ... :?

gstew

Lehmann 6
Flamini 8
Campbell 9
Toure 9
Djourou 9
Ljungberg 8
Song 4
Diaby 6
Reyes 8
Ade 3
Henry 8

rednwhitearmy

Resident Noob
we should not play Diaby ever again! i was horrified by his perfomance. His short and long passes have no accuracy and Diaby went out there to impress Wenger and stuffed up. Song and Flamini kept it simple and didnt make as many mistakes. i was dissapointed in Diaby's perfomance. he turned the ball over numerous times and it could of resulted in a loss

AFCFan4Ever

Song didn't make as many mistakes?!? LOL I'd like to know what game you were watching mate because Song made enough mistakes to cover the rest of the Arsenal players AND the Pompey squad, at times he looked drunk because he would kick the ball to where no one was at all or would be stumbling around falling on the ground, I found myself watching the game and scratching my head saying WTF??? He was absolutely shocking, soooo many missed passes...gave the ball away like it was nothing...looked confused every time he had the ball...was spraying his headers all over the place and didn't defend that well at all. While Adebayor's misses were truthfully woeful (esp. the 2nd one) he did get himself into dangerous spots, hustled, and played a sublime ball to Henry for his goal. Song was BY FAR the worst player on the pitch.

And to be fair to Adebayor, I don't understand why everyone is crucifying him for his misses yet seemingly allowing Djourou to get away with his equally shocking miss from the corner late in the game. He was WIDE open, at the 5 yrd. box, and couldn't put it on frame??? That was a horrendous miss and you can't let him slide if you're going to criticize Adebayor for the same thing.

tgr

Lehmann - 6
Djourou - 6.5
Toure - 6
Campbell - 5.5
Flamini - 6.5
Ljungberg - 5
Diaby - 6
Song - 3
Reyes - 4
Adebayor - 3
Henry - 6.5

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Tegh said:
JazzG said:
Thought Sol did ok, people get on his back too easily but he looked solid and composed most of the time and considering he probably isn't 100% match fit he did well and great to see him back.
Quoted for truth. I feel sad he left the pitch with his nose smeared across his right cheak, poor bugger. Time and time again I watched him shephard the ball out for a goal kick, he did very well.

so glad for him tbh. When he is as good as he can be he is one I would pick for a world team

Viper

Established Member
Lehmann 6
Djourou 7
Toure 7
Campbell 7
Flamini 8
Ljungberg 5
Diaby 6
Song 4
Reyes 5
Henry 7
Adebayor -10

cc

ade's finishing in this game explained very well why rvp didn't pass him the ball but prefer shot himself in manu game.

Gooner from Baku

"adebayor was full of crap!
what was up with his jersey also??! short sleeves on one arm and long on the other. how lame is that? seriously whats wrong with him? " :p

It's really fun and sad at the same time.
Hope he'll corect his faults next time.

I insist that Reyes is good but not the Premiership style player.
Campbell did rather well.

Diaby and Song - should be evaluated as positive.

Still believe we can finish forth though.
Sp**s going to have a huge challenge at Highbury with Mancs.
If even we cannot cope with 4th place,at least I dream to beat Spuds with 5 - 0 or something.

Gooner from Baku

Gooner from Baku said:
"Sp**s going to have a huge challenge at Highbury with Mancs.

Sorry for previous post. Of course - at Highbury and with Mancs.

Also it seems we have a risk of loosing our confidence. It's bad before Villareal game. WBA must be beaten to return the assurance of success.

namliam

AFCFan4Ever said:
And to be fair to Adebayor, I don't understand why everyone is crucifying him for his misses yet seemingly allowing Djourou to get away with his equally shocking miss from the corner late in the game. He was WIDE open, at the 5 yrd. box, and couldn't put it on frame??? That was a horrendous miss and you can't let him slide if you're going to criticize Adebayor for the same thing.

Thats a bit silly. Firstly, Adebayor mised two sitters, and his first touch was so poor, numerous other potential attacks broke down.

More importantly, Adebayor is a striker. Djourou is a defender. Of course Djourou should have done better, but its not his primary job. As for Adebayor...

qs

Established Member
Lehmann - 6, did nothing

Djourou - 6 our best player

Sol - 5 I thought he was a bit poor in clearing the ball on a few occassions apart from that he was average

Toure - 6 did well enough, one great tackle

Flamini - 6 very average game, dont think he was helped at all by a shoddy Reyes performance though

Reyes - 4 Brutal. Unlike him, I expected alot more after his rest.

Diaby - 4 Moments of brilliance, had a great start but went to pieces his passing was shocking most of the time and he was terrible for the goal

Song 4 **** on the ball, way off our standards so far

Ljungberg - 5 did very little

Henry - 5 Good goal, see what you can do when you try for 30 seconds theirry. Shame that was the only 30 seconds you tried all match.

Adebayor - 5 Ok he missed to absolute sitters but apart from that he worked hard if one of them chances had gone in he'd have been MOTM

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I seriously thought that Song played decently , so did Diaby and Adebayour. Diaby is not able to keep concentration and intensity for ninety minutes yet . The Face that they weren't overrun was pleasing enough. Ade did allright except he couldn't and if we were still playing he still would not score . In every other area he did okay .

Football Ninja

lol

Gunnergregharrison said:
Unbeaten said:
Song - 2, horrible.
Adebayor - 3, horrible finishing.

maybe not that low mate

I dunno after watching the match again.........

anyway Henry a 5??? Had Ade put away at least one of the sitters then we would have won 2-0 and Henry woulda got a 7. As for Titi moaning.... come on youve set up Ade and he's done that... and then he goes and misses again... Id be bloody moaning and angry and bitter.

I bet Pompy fans are building a statue of Ade as we speak...

p.s it was sickening to hear Sp**s fans on 606 saying how happy they were.... have they seen their run in?

Arsenal Quotes

Everybody knows how much I love Arsenal - I became a fan. And to be out here [in front of the Emirates as a statue] celebrating a goal against Sp*rs, there's not much else to say after that. Like I've said before: Once a Gooner, always a Gooner.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom