• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Tottenham vs Arsenal | 15/09/07

MDGoonah41

Established Member
Ah, was that a typo? I'll fix it tomorrow and make sure to update the overall chart. Sometimes if people list the players in a different order than I have, I have to double check, and I must have just missed that.

People use a 1-10 scale. As I talked about right at the beginning of the season, I'm not a big fan of it, but it was too late to really change it. I basically just copy the numbers people give.

RC8

Established Member
gstew said:
It appears that most are using a 4-9 scale, while some of us are using a full 0-10 scale. This really does skew the numbers. Personally I do not understand a scale starting at 4. If I were to score a hat trick of own goals and then leave with a red, would I be deserving of a 4?

Not really, if someone were to score 2 own-goals in a game he would get dozens of 2's, it's just Gilberto's game wasn't really that bad. Likewise, if Adebayor had not missed that sitter, he would have received a 10 from me. But a 10 is a perfect performance, something you only see every once in a while, when a single player suddenly becomes more important than the rest of the team put together. Think of Bergkamp against Everton in the 04-05 season, or Henry at the San Siro. Those were "10" performances for many people.

dutchMasta

gstew said:
It appears that most are using a 4-9 scale, while some of us are using a full 0-10 scale. This really does skew the numbers. Personally I do not understand a scale starting at 4. If I were to score a hat trick of own goals and then leave with a red, would I be deserving of a 4?
The whole point of the full 0-10 scale is that we reserve the extreme ratings for extreme performances (either good or bad). I don't think there was a case of an extremely bad or perfect performance against Tottenham.

Had they scored from each of Gilberto's blunders and won, his rating would've gone down. Much like how Sagna's rating would've gone up if Ade had finished as he would've had an assist.

I mean, if Fabregas or Adebayor gets a 10 for this performance, then there's no difference between that and a 10 rating if Ade had scored the pull-back from Sagna and also had a decent 1st half. Or what if Fabregas had scored another and not done any misplaced passes? IMO, they definitely weren't worthy of 10's, not even 9 (v close though), but anyway, it all balances out in the averages.

giuliob

Nice job, Maryland......Any possibility of creating a thread where you can dump all the ratings? Have them all in one spot?

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom