• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Tottenham vs Arsenal | 15/09/07

phenn

Almunia - 6 Made some very good saves, on Keane especially, but he got his ass saved by Kolo and should have organized the wall better for their first goal.

Sagna - 7.5 Great defensively and pretty much had an assist on Ade's sitter. Best offensively I've seen from him .

Kolo - 8 Saved a goal, and had to cover for Bert.

Bert - 3 Jesus Christ. Could have single-handedly conceded about 3 goals. Passing was bad too.

Clichy - 7 Great running from him and looked solid defensively, didn't jump in as much as he ususally does.

Hleb - 7 Did a lot of great things, set up a beautiful chance for DIaby and in general was very good for our play. Did frustrate me at times though .

Fabregas - 9 Jesus Christ. Could have had 4 assists today. Great goal too. His power on his shots has improved a lot.

Flamini - 8 He's really coming on. He's improved so much this season, I'm tempted to say he should be a regular starter. Honestly, if you say Denilson is better for our team in the middle of the park with Fabregas RIGHT NOW, you're delusional.

Diaby - 5 He's not a left sided midfielder. Slowed down play at times and missed a great chance set up by Hleb.

v. Persie - 4 He was on the pitch?

Adebayor - 8 Missed a freaking sitter that my grandmother would have stuck home. Still, did a lot of great things, eventually got our breakthrough and then had a wondergoal in garbage time. Did anyone think that goal looked just a little bit like a certain Mr. Drogba?

Rosicky - 7 It was very obvious how much better we were when he came on for Diaby. Not saying he turned the match but he sure as **** helped.

Denilson - 5 Didn't do much.

Song - 200 His hair.

The **** - 9000 Choked like a fat **** giving her first blowjob. Love it.

Gurgen

Established Member
Almunia 6 - Poor for their goal but redeemed himself later on.

Sagna 7 - Solid as usual.

Toure 9 - We can all forgive his positional faults when he puts in tackles like that. One on one I don't think there's a better defender in the world.

Gilberto 3 - First half ok, second half just plain terrible.

Clichy 7 - Good game from him, didn't get forward as much as he could though.

Hleb 7 - Solid overall and always creative.

Cesc 8 - Another brilliant goal and two assists. Couldn't keep up with Jenas at the end but who cares.

Flamini 6 - Should have covered for Cesc's defensive shortcomings but unfortunately cannot do so for 90 minutes. He looks like he's 'everywhere' but in reality he isn't. I'd like Denilson or Diarra to start ahead of him.

Diaby 6 - Fairly good game, one point off for missing that chance. No excuse.

RvP 6 - Have to laugh at the 4s flying around. Had Ade played the same way people would be praising him for his 'link up play' (which is completing 10-yard passes on this forum). Very tidy on the ball, never got a sight of goal unfortunately. Looked a bit tired.

Ade 8 - Would have given him a 6 because he was below average and missed a sitter but he redeemed himself with his two goals, the last one goal of the season so far probably. Sp**s must hate the guy.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Almunia - 6
Sagna - 7
Toure - 8.5
Gilberto - 6
Clichy - 7
Hleb - 7.5
Flamini - 7
Cesc - 8.5
Diaby - 5
van Persie - 6
Adebayor - 8

Rosicky - 6.5
Denilson - 6

Meatwad

the assist for ade's 2nd was from cesc not denilson (a few people making that claim in their ratings).

giuliob

Meatwad said:
the assist for ade's 2nd was from cesc not denilson (a few people making that claim in their ratings).
yup, I was one of them.....missed that........

xcdude24

Established Member
Almunia- 5.5. Poor. Didn't really have control, and almost screwed us big time. Partially at fault for their goal, in my opinion.
Sagna- 7. Decent enough, you can tell
that he wasn't fully fit, but I thought he saved our asses on multiple occasions.
Toure- 7.5. Cleaned up for Gilberto's messes on multiple occasions. Solid as ever.
Gilberto- 5. Had multiple screwups, but then again, you really can't blame him. He had a Beckham-Esque travel schedule, and he was expected to defend Berbatov, and he played out of position. You could just tell that he had nothing in the tank.
Clichy- 6.5. Did extremely well going forward, but I think he left us exposed defensively a few too many times. I think it's time for Wenger to tell him to not push as forward as often as we will pay for it sooner or later.

Hleb- 7. Definitely wasn't his best performance, but he made a couple of extremely solid moves today and had a really positive impact on the game. Made a couple sloppy decisions, but he wasn't the only person on our side to do so.
Flamini- 6.5. Can't really complain about his performance. Covered well and saved us from a couple moments where we looked like we were about to be in serious trouble. Again, nothing flashy, but we need guys like Flamini to give us that grit.
Cesc- 7.5. Good goal, great passing, and played hard for 90 minutes. Typical Cesc performance.
Diaby- 5. Played out of position, missed multiple easy chances, didn't have any influence on the game, and screwed up multiple times. He needs to work on his consistency.
van Persie- 5. He really needs to start making an influence on the game. He's not poor in the sense that he can't finish, or he's making stupid decisions, he just can't ****ing insert himself into our style of play, and it's hindering us immensely. His form needs to improve or i'd probably drop him for Eduardo.
Adebayor- 7.5. Missed multiple opportunities early on, but really turned his game on after the first goal. Aside from his two goals(one of which should have been saved by Robbo), he really needs to work on his composure. I hate to sound like i'm the FM commentary, but he seriously misses when it's easier to score. Otherwise, probably his best performance of the season.

Rosicky- 6.5. Really gave us that cutting edge that we were lacking when he came on. Wasn't an amazing performance, but you could tell he was fatigued from his international games. Nothing to complain about.
Denilson- N/A

Song- 12.

kym7224

Almunia -5 He is not Arsenal no.1 quality

Sagna - 7 good game

Toure - 8 solid doing well to cover Gilberto & Almunia

Gilbero - 5 I like him a lot but not as CB

Clichy - 7 Solid as usual.

Hleb - 7 find his way to live with Cesc.

Cesc - 8.5 Great performance MOM for me

Flamini -6 So so.

Diaby - 4 Poor

V.Persie -5 invisible sometime

Ade - 8 usual misses :D but two goals well taken.

Rosicky- 6.5 change our tempo & game.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted šŸ”»

Almunia 5 - Guy can't save anything near post. Kept making dodgy decisions aswell. That one on one save against Keane was his saving grace. Probably would have rated him lower.

Sagna 6.5 - Soild, good defending, went foward well. I have a feeling he would have got a higher rating had Ade not fluffed his cut back pass to ruin his assist. Good game though.

Toure 9 - Fooking ell where do I start. Saved our arses for one! Also went foward a lot effectively too! Great game for the skipper.

Gilberto 7 - Out of position but was solid enough for me! Good interceptions, could have done a bit better though.

Clichy 7.5 - Same as Sagna really. We have some very good wing backs indeed. His clearence off the line- crucial aswell.

Hleb 7 - Caused problems on the right, and the centre sometimes too. Also has his shot on target. He has been consistant of late, lets hope he keeps it up.

Flamini 5- Like him a lot but not on of his best games at all. Capable of much better- a bit quiet today. Didn't offer good protection to the back four to be frank. Made a couple good passes though.

Fabregas 8 - The guy needs Gilberto behind him. He faded in and out the game a lot. The high rating is due to the two assists he got, and the goal he notched for him self- quality by the way.
I kinda like this new Cesc you know! - not as dominant as last season (so far) but has something to show for his matches nowdays! Suits me just fine- lets hope he keeps it up. Golden boot contender maybe?

Diaby - Why was he there? not trying to be bad. Not to mention the chance he missed..Finding it hard to comment on him at the moment to be honest.

Thomas the Tank 6.5- Now we are talking! Noticed the diofference as soon as he came on. Got some ryhthm and improved our overall play!

Vpersie 5- Too be honest, forgot he was there most of the time. Had one shot- which lacked any sort of conviction. Don't remember much about him to be honest.

Adebayor 9- Yep- That header when he was soaring through the air- magical! and not to mention his last minute wonder goal! f****g amazing.
Typical Ade performance, worked a lot- fluffed some good chances, but for me bagging a brace with two excellent goals against Sp**s merits a high rating in my book. Killed off the game- and scored from a set peice- What else can I say?

True Gooner

Established Member
Almunia - 7 Not exactly at fault for the goal

Sagna - 7 Rock solid.
Toure - 8 Played really well
Gilberto - 6 - Gave away a pointless free kick and wayward passing once straight to Berbas feet
Clichy - 7 - Solid - not sure

Hleb - 7.5 Caused problems and could have had a goal - set up Diaby perfectly
Fabregas - 7.5 Okay in the first half but was marked by both Jenass (pun intened) and Waddlestone and he still impacts the game - fecking legend and scored a wonder goal 8 points for impact 7.5 for game play
Flamini - 7 Decent worked hard
Diaby - Awful in the first half for sure - gave away loads of possesion - missed an easy chance where he wasnt even marked - gave away the ball again and was rightfully subbed

van Persie - 5 (3 for his 1st half game did seriously nothing!!) I hear he had a few shots in the 2nd half - very worried
Adebayor - 7.5 Missed a sitter and could have had a hattrick but once again caused problems and scored a wonderful goal

ArsĆØne Wenger - 8 Kept faith but could be questioned for starting Diaby over Rosicky, Wlacott or even Eduardo

awooga83

Established Member
Almunia - 6
Sagna - 7
Toure -8
Gilberto -6
Clichy -7
Hleb - 7
Flamini -6.5
Cesc - 8
Diaby - 5
van Persie - 4
Adebayor - 8

Rosicky -7
Denilson - 6.5

Viper

Established Member
Almunia 6
Sagna 7
Toure 8
Gilberto 5.5
Clichy 7
Hleb 7
Flamini 6.5
Cesc 8
Diaby 5.5
Van Persie 5
Adebayor 8

Rosicky 7
Denilson 6

vanPersie

Almunia - 6. Not alot he could have done about the goal, but he did make poor decisions throughout the match. Thankfully not costly.

Clichy - 7. Is just getting better and better, really should have shot when he made a fantastic run into the box early on, and tried to pass. But hey, thats the arsenal way!

Gilberto - 5. His mistakes were noticable. Perhaps should have been given a rest after long-distance internationals, but would the alternatives have done a better job?

Toure - 9. Outstanding!

Sagna - 7. Looking really good, albeit a poor tackle on Huddlestone...or was that intentional?

Diaby - 5. Can't blame him for a below-parr performance, he was out of position - all his strengths are in CM. Perhaps we should give that kid a chance...what was his name...Walcott?

Flamini - 7. Always puts his all into it, and a gets the job done.

Cesc - 9. Fantastic tackles at one end, fantastic goal at the other, and some fantastic passes inbetween.

Hleb - 7. Good runs and good passes. Is still dodgy in defence, and gave the ball away a bit there...but is improving on that, and does always create chances at the other end.

van Persie - 6. Absent for large portions of the match, can probably feel Eduardo kicking at his heels after today.

Adebayor - 7. Two goals, a great one for our third, but otherwise wasn't brilliant. Looks lazy at times - he should be breaking his neck to get in the box when the balls go in, but he doesn't.

Subs:

Rosicky - 8. Made a real difference when he came on.
Denilson - 6. Did his job, nothing fancy.
Song - ??. Did he have a touch of the ball in those few seconds he was on?

Jameel46

Established Member
Almunia - 6: Solid......enough
Toure - 8
Gilberto - 6: slotted in well enough
Sagna - 7.5: great buy
Clichy - 7
Hleb - 6.5
Cesc - 8.5: 2 assists and a good goal, can't complain
Flamini - 7: great improvement this season
Diaby - 5.5: why is he ahead of Walcott, Denilson, & Traore on the wings?
VP - 6: hasn't made the start that we were sure he'd make
Adebayor - 8: another great game against Totts, troubled them all game, and could've had more than two goals.

Rosicky - 7
Denilson - 6.5
Alex Song - n/a
--------------------------------------------------
really thought that Eduardo should've started ahead of VP today; and i do think that out of the strikers Adebayor should be the guaranteed starter, will always cause the opposition defence trouble and create space for team-mates.

ThaSaltCracka

I thought everyone played well to very good except for Gilberto and RVP.

Very happy Ade picked up those two goals after missing that great chance. He had a great game.

I won't do rankings for everyone but I think Cesc, Ade, and Toure all deserve an 8. Great performance from our spine today.

Biggus

Established Member
Almunia.......... 5
Sagna .............7
Toure...............8
Gilberto...........3
Clichy...............8
Hleb.................7
Flamini.............7
Cesc.................8
Diaby................5
van Persie.......5
Adebayor..........8

Rosicky............6
Denilson..........5

Can't see much praise for Gael Clichy, so I'll do it. He was brilliant, great runs into the box and he saved us on the line.

EDIT yeah sorry Salty (and Abou) I meant 5.

scruzgooner

Almunia - 6, could have lined up the wall better on bale's goal, and was lucky with clichy's clearance, but otherwise not much to do.

Clichy - 7, made a couple of nice runs, and defended well. bounced off berbatov a couple of times like a child off an adult, but kept him from doing anything. great save off the line (thought he was in the goal, actually, but i guess not). nice game.

Gilberto - 6, tired man, but showed heart and determination. thought i'd piss myself when he let bent through, but bent sucks so it didn't matter.

Toure - 8, great game, great stop of berbatov, had a couple of good headers and one scary one (set up the corner with berbatov's shot cleared off the line by clichy), top player, hopes to get gallas or senderos back soon.

Sagna - 8, great game, loved his takedown of fat tom, and his bottle all over the back of the defense. until edu starts producing, the best buy of the year by mr. wenger.

Diaby - 5, enh, was under impressed, but credit to him for playing so much out of position. would have changed the game if he hit it six inches lower, sure wish our gunners would learn a bit of finesse...

Flamini - 7, nicely done, all over the pitch, won some crucial balls, and performed well i conjunction with cesc.

Cesc - 9.5, MOTM performance. started slowly, bu got into the game for the last 70 minutes in a striking way. dynamite goal (lol), and the two assists were perfect. a couple of misplaced passes, and bossed the center of the park. our little napoleon.

Hleb - 8, every time we needed drive from the wings to the middle the ball was at his feet, his technical control was top notch, and his tracking back to the defensive half was great today. could have done better with the early chance on goal (FINESSE IT!!, watch the bergkamp 100 goals video weekly for six months, please alex). gave it his absolute all.

van Persie - 5, poorest player for us over large stretches of the game, got a good shot in once that barely tested robbo. good on the ball, as usual, but unusually lethargic for the most part. should have been subbed for eduardo along with diaby for rosicky.

Adebayor - 8, excellent first goal (lucky not to be called offside, just a hair), brilliant second. worked hard, ran all over the place, but could have had a hattrick or more if he just converted his chances. glad as hell he was on our side (certainly compared to berbatov, bent, or keane!!!)

Subs:

Rosicky - 8, ran all over the park, a couple of good passes (set up cesc for the second goal), and added an urgency lacking with diaby on the pitch.
Denilson - 6.5, had he done more he'd be at 7, nice shot, good movement into space, well done for a short stint.
Song - 10, for his performance as our human victory cigar...not worth much more, and shouldn't be let into games except in this fashion. actually score him a 6 or so, because i don't think he actually did anything (but he didn't let in a goal, so power to him and more than a 5...lol).

teamwork was excellent in this game, and i am just loving what i am seeing on the season so far.

RC8

Established Member
I've explained what I liked about our players in the matchday thread, so I'll go with some quick ratings this time:

Almunia.............5
Sagna ...............7
Toure.................9
Gilberto.............4.5
Clichy................8
Hleb..................7
Flamini.............7
Cesc.................9
Diaby................5
van Persie.......5
Adebayor..........8.5

Rosicky............7
Denilson..........5
Song................12 (divided by 2 = 6)

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Almunia 5.5
Sagna 7
Toure 8
Gilberto 4
Clichy 7.5
Hleb 7
Flamini 6.5
Cesc 7.5
Diaby 5
van Persie 5
Adebayor 7.5

Rosicky 6.5
Denilson 5

Dez

Fabregas, Flamini, Ade, Clichy and Toure were exceptional.

Almunia, Sagna, Diaby, Rosicky and hleb were solid without being exceptional.

Gilberto was poor. Van Persie, well, you could have been forgiven for thinking he didn't play. Where was he?

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal is in my blood as well as my heart. I will always, always, always remember you guys. I said I was going to be a Gooner for life and I did not lie because when you are a Gooner, you will always be a Gooner. This club is in my heart and will remain in my heart forever.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom