• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Tottenham vs Arsenal | 29/10/05

lee1001

Established Member
LuKaZaN said:
Kha0z said:
Bergkamp 4 - The mind and body wasn't in sync.. the mind of a great player, affected by the body of an old player. Not the lasting prowess of Alan Shearer or Teddy Sheringham. Effort, but no elogance. A very random performance.

To be fair Shearer has been absolutely naff this season. Difference between Bergkamp and Shearer is that if Shearer isn't scoring.. he really isn't doing anything else. Bergkamp has more to his game.

Plus Shearer is a year younger than Bergkamp, the Bergkamp of last season was much better than the Shearer we're seeing so far this season.

For me Lauren's first half display was similar to his display in the FA Cup final, all over the place! He got skinned by anyone that ran down the left wing and it was worrying. Picked up in the second half though.

"My grandad is better than your grandad!!!"

Sums it up we are even having this disucussion a team like ours should have young hungry players in. Bergkamp may look great in training but its a different matter when its a North London derby playing for 2nd place.

We are playing a ****ing 36 years old. No wonder we are struggling to match Chelsea.

James

Established Member
LEHMANN 8 - Took alot of stick, including a conker to the head from the yids. Kept us in the game twice with great saves from Jenas and Defoe.
LAUREN 6 - Wasn't bad. Didn't make any mistakes and was solid.
TOURE 9 MOTM - Immense in the second half. Solid for the majority of the game.
CAMPBELL 5 - Yids got on his back as expecting, and it really effected him. Looked very shakey
CLICHY 8 - Very good game. Was our best attacker in the first half and never gave the Tottenham forwards a sniff
FABREGAS 5 - Very poor first half. Improved in the second.
FLAMINI 3 - Awful. Constantly gave the ball away and his second touch was always a tackle.
GILBERTO 4 - Better in the second once Pires came on, but again consistently gave the ball away
LJUNGBERG 6 - Was quiet in the game but looked a threat when we went forward.
BERGKAMP 4 - Game was too quick for him, and passed him by for the
majority of it. Linked up well with Robin when he came on.
REYES 4 - Wanted too long on the ball, running into cul-de-sacs and lost the ball.

PIRES 8 - Changed the game and the balance of the midfield when he came on. Took his goal well, and played some excellent balls. Didnt give the ball away like in previous games. Best 45mins he's played for a long time. Again showed he's low in confidence though when he rushed a shot in which Robinson was caught in no mans land.
VAN PERSIE 7 - Along with Bobby, changed the way in which we went forward and came close to scoring on 3 occassions in 20 minutes.
CYGAN 5 - Did his job for the 3 mins he was on. Didnt do my heart any favours though.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
lee1001 said:

Sums it up we are even having this disucussion a team like ours should have young hungry players in. Bergkamp may look great in training but its a different matter when its a North London derby playing for 2nd place.

We are playing a f****g 36 years old. No wonder we are struggling to match Chelsea.

The truest thing I've read on this forum for ages.

And, Kha0z, I completely agree with what you said about Dennis, Arsène must realise now that his presence in the team is holding us back. I love Dennis for what he's done over the years, but I'm starting to really resent that he got another contract.

A

Anonymous

It's things like this that have defined our season thus far.

RockyRocastle

Established Member
James said:
FLAMINI 3 - Awful. Constantly gave the ball away and his second touch was always a tackle.

:lol:

The guy cant pass, cant tackle, cant shoot, cant create, no pace, no threat, contributes nothing. Apart from that he is a cracking player.

Some mug on here actually thinks flamini has been one of our best players this season!

I said having him as our third choice midfielder would cost us, and so far I have been proved right.

NOT GOOD ENOUGH. FACT.

daryl

RockyRocastle said:

The guy cant pass, cant tackle, cant shoot, cant create, no pace, no threat, contributes nothing. Apart from that he is a cracking player.

Some mug on here actually thinks flamini has been one of our best players this season!

I said having him as our third choice midfielder would cost us, and so far I have been proved right.

NOT GOOD ENOUGH. FACT.

Come on! He may not have set the pitch ablaze, but before this match (in which he was withou a doubt pretty bad), he has been pretty decent.

James

Established Member
He's an average player with potential to be okay at best. Nothing more than that at the moment. There's no way (like Rocky has said) he should be our third choice midfielder. Does he know how to play the ball forwards? Constantly side to side, and offered the defenders nothing when they had the ball, and never joined in any promising moves forward. First touch (like i mentioned) was always shocking.

He really was woeful today. Really proved how desperately we need a central midfielder.

Feanor

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
lee1001 said:

We are playing a f****g 36 years old. No wonder we are struggling to match Chelsea.

The truest thing I've read on this forum for ages.

And, Kha0z, I completely agree with what you said about Dennis, Arsène must realise now that his presence in the team is holding us back. I love Dennis for what he's done over the years, but I'm starting to really resent that he got another contract.

DB is one of the classiest players to have graced a football pitch but his place now is on the bench. Van Persie has to be in the first team as a forward, every ****ing game! The kid is pure class when he gets service.

KingReyes

Established Member
daryl said:
RockyRocastle said:

NOT GOOD ENOUGH. FACT.

Come on! He may not have set the pitch ablaze, but before this match (in which he was withou a doubt pretty bad), he has been pretty decent.

The guy doesn't offer us anything, I have yet to see what he's done to say he can make it at Arsenal. At least with Reyes I have seen glimpses of what he's capable of but with Flamini apart from a few good tackles and some tracking back he is pretty much useless.

I can't believe Marseille want compensation for this guy, they should be paying us for taking him off their books.

Zico

Established Member
I've been running around with a football since the Spuds game. Once I've done away with the beer belly, I'm going to Highbury to audition for Flamini's place. Can't be too hard, can it?

Clichy was hot but not mesmerising as he had some miscommunication on attack, so i'd give him a 7. Toure also receives 7. He and Cesc have been our best this season, although Lehmann (6.5) and Reyes (5) get special mention for season-long contribution. Flamini (1) should not be playing ahead of Eboue. I'd prefer to see what he can do as our third central midfielder.

Asterix

Established Member
The first game I've watched live this year and we were sh*t first half. Flamini was standing next to king at the corner then completely let him run by himself for the goal.

THose of you who gave Lauren 5 or less, what game were you watching? He was consistently up in attack and they made nothing down his flank. Good grief. I thought CLichy deserved 7.5, Lauren 6.5.

Dennis is gone, Pires was great, Cesc much better in centre, Reyes ineffective today, van Persie was class. Sol had a shocker first half too.

A

Anonymous

Lehmann- 8
Lauren-4 (sell him, put toure ar RB)
Toure - 5 (needs to go right back, put senderos CB)
Campbell - 6
Clichy-7
Cesc-4 (hes just crap, dunno whats the big fuss over him. not big enough)
Silva-5 (Seriously overrated player. Always calling him world cup winner. why don't they call pires world cup winner? cause they can;t believe silva actually was in the team for it. cause hes crap.
Ljungberg-4 ( just like gilberto, so overrated, if he doesn't score, hes useless)
Bergkamo-2 (should have left us 2 yeras ago?)
Reyes- 3 (17 million? pfft, u gotta be joking.)

kel varnsen

Established Member
Asterix said:
The first game I've watched live this year and we were sh*t first half. Flamini was standing next to king at the corner then completely let him run by himself for the goal.

oh, FFS. sol was marking king; not flamini. go away...

KingReyes

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
Asterix said:

I think you should watch the replay of the goal. Before the free kick was taken it was not Sol that was with King, I couldn't recognize who it was but it was either Flamini or Reyes. Sol was marking that **** Mido and stayed with Mido the whole time.

sp3_01.jpg

leongsh

KingReyes said:
kel varnsen said:
Asterix said:

I think you should watch the replay of the goal. Before the free kick was taken it was not Sol that was with King, I couldn't recognize who it was but it was either Flamini or Reyes. Sol was marking that c**t Mido and stayed with Mido the whole time.

Yup, Mattheu Flamini should have been marking Ledley King

As much as I hate and mostly disagree with a certain Malaysian pundit (he's a Sp**s fan too - all the more reason :p) on ESPN Asia/Star Sports, I had to agree with him in that Arsenal were playing ZONAL-marking and not MAN-marking. There was nobody marking Ledley King because the Arsenal defenders were holding on and mainly covering their position. Ledley King got a totally free header as he had yards of space! Flamini was identified as the person who should have been man-marking King due to the position that King was coming from.

Gurgen

Established Member
That doesn't make any sense. King is an oversized gorilla and Flamini is a little man. I can assure you Sol was instructed to mark King.

KingReyes

Established Member
Gurgen said:
That doesn't make any sense. King is an oversized gorilla and Flamini is a little man. I can assure you Sol was instructed to mark King.

Why are you surprised? Sometimes the level of our marking on set pieces is laughable, I'm just remembering last season against Chelsea when little Ashley Cole was marking big William Gallas who of course won the header which lead to Gudjohnsen's goal. What the **** was that all about!! :roll:

And how can you assure us Sol was instructed to mark King? Pat Rice is that you? :wink:

jay-d

Established Member
KingReyes said:
Gurgen said:

Why are you surprised? Sometimes the level of our marking on set pieces is laughable, I'm just remembering last season against Chelsea when little Ashley Cole was marking big William Gallas who of course won the header which lead to Gudjohnsen's goal. What the f**k was that all about!! :roll:

And how can you assure us Sol was instructed to mark King? Pat Rice is that you? :wink:
I think the need for arguing is over, as they say a picture is worth a thousand words, and the pic you posted says it all, Campbell is marking Mido.

leongsh

Gurgen said:

Excuse me? It was ZONAL marking out there. Arsenal's defence wasn't playing man-marking then. In man-marking, you follow your man. In zonal marking, you covered your area. Watch the defense for that goal. Arsenal were doing zonal marking as they were mainly covering their area and not any specific player.

Arsenal Quotes

Ian Wright was the incredible striker for whom those around him sometimes found hard to control especially the opponents. He was an extrovert, hyperactive, and had endured an extremely hard life. His playing style was instinctive, and he had that killer instinct, a player like no other.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom