• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Wigan Athletic vs Arsenal | 13/12/06

patrick42uk

Established Member
dont see how freddie was worse than baptista.

also i lay the blame of that missed chance 100% on ade who seemed to be expecting a pass to feet. showed no intent to attack the correct ball from walcott.

basically i'd give everyone a 6, except kolo and clichy who get 7 and julio and eboue who get 5 and 5.5 repsectively.

Meek

Lehmann 6
Eboue 6
Toure 9 (MOTM)
Djourou 7
Clichy 6
Gilberto 7
Flamini 5
Ljunberg 6
Walcott 7
Baptista 5
Adebayor 7

Van Persie 6
Fabregas 8

IBL

Established Member
Lehman 7- Solid enough

Eboue 5.5 - Quiet game, few too many errors
Toure 8 - man machine, saved our asses
Djourou 6.5 - not one of his better performances, did ok
Clichy 6.5 - better all round performance

Theo 7 - very bright and sprightly in the second half
Flamini 6 - worked hard
Gilberto 6.5 - decent
Baptista 6 - woeful passing and looked tardy, showed flashes of what he can do
Ljungberg 6 - didnt make the best of the few attacking options he had, tried

Ade 7 - looked ok, nice touch and finish for the goal. Works the line of the defence very well

SUBS
RvP 6.5 - looked good with the few touches he had
Cesc 8 - what a tackle and pass for the goal

qs said:
kel varnsen said:
Gurgen said:
Walcott 7 - Took on his man well but that pass to Ade was criminal even for a 17-year-old. Unlike other English players this guy is also outstanding technically. Huge potential.

after watching the replay a few times, i think adebayor is just as much to blame for that miss. the pass would have been fine if ade had 'attacked' the ball. instead ade jogged along, never trying to get a yard or two on the defender. if he had just made a last effort ditch, sprinted a couple of yards he would have connected with the pass.

Definitly. Ade is pacier than that he shouldve got to it.
Yep, Ade was trying waaaay to hard to stay onside, should have made more of an effort.

Gurgen

Established Member
patrick42uk said:

Opening your eyes would help.

Freddie did absolutely **** all. Baptista, while he definitely had his weak moments, created our best chance.

GUNNERS4L1FE

Established Member
Gurgen said:
patrick42uk said:

Freddie did absolutely f**k all. Baptista, while he definitely had his weak moments, created our best chance.

The story of Freddie Arsenal career at present, in 5 words

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Yes, Bap was involved in two of our best chances for the match , the pass to Walcott and the chance he took on . Good technique on the free-kick as well.

go49oner

Established Member
Jens- 6 did what he had to do

Eboue 6- Was he playing?

Toure 9- Single handily kept us in the game

DJ 7- decent game, won lot of header from set pieces-

Clichy- good for word run, and decent crossing

Gilberto7- anther good game from the Skipper

Theo 5- poor game, should of scored, wasted the ball far to many times.

Beast 7 his getting better, good shot on goal, tried hard to get involved

Flamini 7- lot of his work goes unnoticed, tracked back and helped Gilberto

Freddy 5- his losing it, very poor game, spend more time moaning the playing

Ade7- Good finished, tried his best, getting better with every game.

kooldawg

Established Member
He's got potential, i'm hoping he gets more playing time and gets settled in enough to contribute more to the team. This was his first full start i think (could be wrong) and he did ok, atleast he was better than Flamini :D

But the best player out there was Toure, he kept us in the game with solid defending, him and Djourou both deserve 8's with everyeone else getting atleast a 6 for the effort.

And Ade really should have tried to attack the walcott pass, he needs to to do better with such passes across the goal mouth.,

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
Gurgen said:
Walcott 7 - Took on his man well but that pass to Ade was criminal even for a 17-year-old. Unlike other English players this guy is also outstanding technically. Huge potential.

after watching the replay a few times, i think adebayor is just as much to blame for that miss. the pass would have been fine if ade had 'attacked' the ball. instead ade jogged along, never trying to get a yard or two on the defender. if he had just made a last effort ditch, sprinted a couple of yards he would have connected with the pass.

If Ade had maintained the same speed he would have been offside by the time Theo released the ball. When theo hesitated the first time Ade had to slow down thus giving the defender time to catch up. He was avoiding the "offside"/.

qs

Established Member
Mbaki Mutahaba said:
kel varnsen said:
Gurgen said:

If Ade had maintained the same speed he would have been offside by the time Theo released the ball. When theo hesitated the first time Ade had to slow down thus giving the defender time to catch up. He was avoiding the "offside"/.

he wasnt because Theo was ahea dof Ade when he released the ball. ade was playing to the defender when he didnt need to, he shouldve been playing to Theos positions as he was head of them.

patrick42uk

Established Member
Gurgen said:
patrick42uk said:

Freddie did absolutely f**k all. Baptista, while he definitely had his weak moments, created our best chance.

didnt think freddie did anything wrong even if he's lost a couple of yards.

baptista did a lot wrong. freddie could have played the pass that julio did. he ****ed up much easier passes on more than one occassion. rustiness? off the pace? yes on both counts, **** performance nonetheless.

then again, you think baptista today has been better than rosicky in that position all season so i guess i shouldnt be surprised you feel he did better than freddie.

qs

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
Gurgen said:
patrick42uk said:

didnt think freddie did anything wrong even if he's lost a couple of yards.

baptista did a lot wrong. freddie could have played the pass that julio did. he f*d up much easier passes on more than one occassion. rustiness? off the pace? yes on both counts, s**t performance nonetheless.

then again, you think baptista today has been better than rosicky in that position all season so i guess i shouldnt be surprised you feel he did better than freddie.

He didnt though. You know why? cos when he's in positions like that he plays it backwards or loses the ball. He's a disaster. Freddei did nothing positive all night.

patrick42uk

Established Member
he actually played a more difficult pass to ade who mistimed his run.

i'm not doing this blow by blow account thing. i'v made my point, you have your opinion.

Lukazan

Established Member
Personally I blame Adebayor for even making himself available in the first place, and thus tempting Walcott from his first ever Arsenal goal.

[/mischief]

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
Lehmann: 6
Clichy: 6
Toure: 8
Djourou: 6.5
Eboue: 5
Ljungberg: 4
Gilberto: 5.5
Flamini: 4.5
Walcott: 6.5
Baptista: 4.5
Adebayor: 7

Fabregas: 7.5
Van Persie: 5.5

Very poor performance today, but a good result. Wenger's starting lineup was awful - I always worry when I see Gilberto partnered by Flamini or Song. We need to have at least ONE of Rosicky, Hleb or Fabregas playing at all times.

dublingunner

Established Member
Lehmann - 7.5 Was good enough when called upon.
Eboue - 6 Too much losing the ball in dangerous places, too many dodgy passes
Toure - 8.5 Rock hard. MOTM.
Djourou - 8 Solid. Made a great goal saving challenge in the first half and for me, he should be 3rd choice central defender.
Clichy - 7 Did well most of the time but guilty of the same things as Eboue. Not nearly as frequently though.
Walcott - 7.5 Did very well I thought, his eagerness to impress shines through and can be his downfall at times. Thought he should have taken the shot on but want to see it again.
Flamini - 5.5 Worked hard but very little significant contribution.
Gilberto - 6.5 Not as heroic as last Sunday but then we can't expect that every week.
Ljungberg - 6 He tries all the right things, wins free kicks, tries to makes runs and runs at people with the ball, but as has been the case for a long time now, very little end product.
Baptista - 6 I'll reserve final judgement on tonight's performance until I see the match again, but I wasn't impressed. Especially not in the first half. He didn't look much sharper to me than he did when he came on against ManUre. I'm not saying he can't still improve though, it's clear to see he has serious ability if he can get up to pace, get his first touch and distribution sorted. :lol:
Adebayor: 7.5 You got to hand it to this guy, he makes you wonder for 85 minutes and then scores a winning goal. Fair play to him, he's not perfect by a long way, but he's got an awful lot of attributes, is prepared to work his socks off and is still very young.

Subs:
van Persie: 7 Showed nice touches and made space.

Fabregas: 8.5 He's world class and won the game for us. Simple as that. The fact he made that tackle before sending that ball is like the icing on the cake. It's what makes him so close to the perfect midfielder imo. You can say that Wigan's defence fell apart or extra space was created by another striker being there, but as kel would say, that's irrelevant. The goal would not have happened without that pass and if that pass was made for the winning goal in the Champions League final everyone would rightly call it world class.

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
qs said:
Mbaki Mutahaba said:
kel varnsen said:
Gurgen said:

he wasnt because Theo was ahea dof Ade when he released the ball. ade was playing to the defender when he didnt need to, he shouldve been playing to Theos positions as he was head of them.

Theo was ahead of Ade with the goalkeeper coming in. Ade has to maintain being "behind" theo because with the way the keep was coming the pass if was coming would have had to be horizontal or even a bit backwards. It doesn't make any sense for Ade to slow down when he knew and could feel the defender closing in. Theo was late releasing that ball and that is why when he did he hit it a bit too hard. Otherwise that would have been a simple tap in. Anyway, the kid(theo) is growing so its experience and of course if it was henry, somehows the i believe his timing (henry)would have been better.

Mark

Established Member
Lehmann - 6 - Called upon a few times, but did was solid rather than spectacular.

Eboue - 5.5 - An unusually quiet game from him, hardly got forward at all.

Clichy - 6

Toure - 7.5 - He recovered well a few times, but a couple of times that was from his own mistakes. Not his best display, but still our best defender on the night.

Djourou - 6

Walcott - 7 - Poor first half, but once the rest of the team livened up, so did he with a very lively second half display.

Flamini - 6

Gilberto - 6.5 - quiet but that's usually a good thing.

Baptista - 6.5 - Some good moments, some bad. He'll get better.

Freddie - 5 - Offered pretty much nothing.

Adebayor - 7.5 - Lively and involved in pretty much every promising attacking move we had, and of course a lovely finish.

Fabregas - 7 - I'm not going to give him a 9 or a 10 because he only played 15 minutes, but he did have a great influence. Lovely ball for the goal.

V.Persie - 5 - did nothing I can remember.

Arsenal Quotes

In 1997/98 we became English champions as I had set myself three missions to carry out which I felt were essential. One: to have an impact on the result and the team's playing style. Two: to foster the player's individual development. Three: to strengthen the structure of the club and enhance its global influence.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom