• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player ratings vs West Ham

Man of the match?

• Song

Votes: 44 57.1%
  • Clichy

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • Denilson

Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Eboue

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Other

Votes: 3 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

yuvken

Established Member
Agree with that, Arsmile. Ricky's point would be stronger if asked why not start him. But the subs were spot on - particularly D-abu: that changed the game, and lowered the risk of a heart attack for me (all the way to green level, from red hot before).

ricky1985

Established Member
To be honest I'm not sure why I wrote "wasn't brought on" above, because I was pretty livid when I saw he wasn't starting yesterday, and wasn't very happy when I saw he wasn't starting against Porto or Hull. The substitutions I can understand, that's just the way it worked out - although I still think, like US said, that Theo was the better choice over Eduardo, because he would have scared the living daylights out of them with his speed high up the pitch, but more importantly I'm not sure why he's not starting at the moment.
He's buzzing you can see it whenever he plays, he tore Burnley to pieces, and looked extremely dangerous when he came on against Hull. We're playing West Ham at home, and Nasri was atrocious last week, I don't see the thought process behind starting Nasri and leaving Walcott on the bench.

I feel it's a tactical issue, like I mentioned above, and if Arsène won't pick Walcott and Arshavin at the same time at home against West Ham then he probably never will.

arsmile

Established Member
with regards to theo not starting...arshavin had scored a few of late even if his all round performances have been questionable, nasri has been outstanding centrally lately also...that left theo/rosicky benched- wouldnt be surprised to see one or both of them start next week- we should be giving theo as much football as we can now that he finally seems to be hitting form, but you can say the same about nasri- and you lose a lot of potential by omitting arsh.

lagos

Established Member
I still think Theo is best from the bench. All our games from here are too important. Bring Theo on when a game is won or if we need something different but I can perfectly understand why he hasn't be used a starter in the 3 games mentioned.

Hull away is self explanatory

porto was too important a game and

West ham is a local derby which I think he would have come on if TV hadn't been sent off

Of all 3 the one where you could argue for him starting was West ham but at this stage of the season you put out your best

j'nuh

kel varnsen said:
Almunia: 7

Eboue: 7
Vermaelen: 6
Campbell: 5
Clichy: 8

Song: 8
Diaby: 6
Denilson: 6
Fabregas: 6

Arshavin: 5
Bendtner: 6
Nasri: 5

Youre aware that Denilson scored a goal and had a 100% pass completion yeah? You're going to give a 6?

General

Established Member
Almunia – Looking increasingly confident and he effectively won us the game. 8

Eboue – Plenty of energy going forward but poor positional awareness regularly left the defence in disarray. 6.5

Campbell – Too hesitant at times but stuck to the task 6

Vermaelen – Didn’t do a lot wrong and his sending off was a joke decision. 7

Clichy – Bags of energy and his intensity was invaluable when we went down to 10 men. 8

Nasri – Neat and pretty stuff but not enough cutting edge. 6

Cesc – Filtered in and out of the game but otherwise ok 6.5

Song – Another solid display both as CB and CM 8

Denilson – As always he displayed his best and worst traits. Well taken goal and always made himself available but becomes a total disaster once play gets behind him. 6.714159264

Arshavin – Ok I guess. Work rate was better 6

Bendtner – Put himself about but his link wasn’t very good 6.5

Subs

Diaby – His ability to retain and carry the ball into space helped ease the numerical disadvantage. 7

Eduardo/Sagna – Ok. NA

Kraig

Established Member

Denilson: 7

Diaby: 7

Meatwad

Kraig said:

i know diaby coming on made it seem like we had 11 again, but which diaby do you rate a 7 and which one a 6?

Kraig

Established Member
Meatwad said:
Kraig said:

i know diaby coming on made it seem like we had 11 again, but which diaby do you rate a 7 and which one a 6?

the second one, the first one didnt show up until the second half! ;)

flobaba

Almunia: 8 motm. That save was the single most important moment in the game.

Campbell: 6

Arshavin: 6
Nasri: 6

Wenger -8

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 26

Sturm Graz Sporting Director Andreas Schicker says he will meet Arsenal next week to attempt to sign striker Mika Biereth permanently [Kurier]

Arsenal have made contact with Stade Rennais and representatives regarding a move for Désiré Doué this summer. They are joined by PSG, Manchester United, Sp**s, Bayer Leverkusen, Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund in the pursuit for the 18 year-old [The Secret Scout]

Arsenal are in the running to sign Crystal Palace attacker Michael Olise alongside Manchester United, Liverpool, Newcastle and Chelsea [Darren Lewis - The Mirror]

Emile Smith Rowe will hold talks with the club this week as the likelihood of him leaving for more playing time grows [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom