• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

player who arsenal should get

JazzG

Established Member
Adam said:
I quite like Alex the skilfull CM player, not the defender. He's a great little player - maybe that's what stops him - his size. Shame he doesn't start for Brazil.

I hear Alex the defender is suppose to be the best defender in Brazil, I'm not sure if that means he is any good as we know how good Brazillian defenders are :lol:

Trezguet's contract expires in June 2005. I think there will be many clubs in a better position to sign him tbh, we won't get him cheap as Juve won't let their players go cheaply. He will probably sign a contract with them though. They were gonna keep Davids but Appiah has been playing so well for them they let him go. I've seen Appiah play and he looks to be a solid player. He is from Ghana and looks quite strong on the ball, looks quite athletic as well. Must be good if Juve are willing to let Davids go so easily. Is only like 22/23 as well.

Players I'd like to see come in the summer:

Trabelsi - Very good RB, I'm not sure if we can get him though. Milan, Man utd, Juve and Chelsea are after him and they probably all can offer better money than us :(

If we don't sign Trabelsi I'd like to see a CB bought in tbh. Move Kolo out to the RB position and bring in a good proven CB. Senderos is still very young so I'm not sure if he is ready, if he is then we don't need to bother.

A good holding midfielder. We have Gilberto, Edu and Parlour but all 3 are inconsistant. I prefer Parlour as he always gives it his all but he is old now. We need someone to play alongside Pat who is as consistant.

A striker/attacking midfielder. I'm not sure if Wenger will buy an out and out striker. If we had £30mill Shevchenko would be my choice :D He is one of the best players I've ever see. But we don't have the money and Milan will never let him go unless someone offers them crazy money. I still can't believe we had to chance to sign him but we didn't have the funds at the time coz we signed Henry, we didn't have £14mill to spend right then. What makes it worse is a year later we signed Wiltord for £13mill :cry: Anyways I'm not sure who Wenger will sign, probably an attacking midfielder and not a striker

Adam

Established Member
Interesting Jazz.

I am more of the view of a purchase of Trabelsi or a Senderos development forcing Toure to RB. In midfield i am convinced Wenger is satisfied with the options - if anything happens in the market or with youth, it will be in Gilberto's or Freddies position. Up front if Wiltord, Kanu, Bergkamp and Jeffers leave - he has no option but to buy Etoo.

turtle

From what Wenger said recently, I wouldn't be surprise if Bergkamp, Kanu, Wiltord and Jeffers all stay with us next season.

pamilih

I'd like to see some injection of British grit. The true Arsenal's traits contain this type of DNA.

After Parlour and Keown retire, that what would be missing.

JazzG

Established Member
***Jgooner's guy*** said:
I think Henry behind an out and out pacey box player is just what we need.

The only pacey box player I can think of is Defoe or Kezman. Kezman is obviously better, I rated him real high until I saw his record for his national team and his CL record :shock:

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom