• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Players Out On Loan - 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vela

Established Member
Re: Players out on loan, 2011/12

If Wellington does not get a work permit in the summer, I doubt he will. He needs to go out on loan to a club where he will get games. If its like the way Carlos Vela got his work permit Wellington will be playing in Spain again. Like how Pedro Botelho has done for the last few seasons. Wellington could of gone on loan to a team in Segunda División in Spain where he would of started a lot of games.

belgianfan

Is it true that Vela will go to Anderlecht here in Belgium on loan. Lots of rumors here...

Vela

Established Member

I can't see Vela going to Anderlecht. Papers just making rumors as they see Arsenal and Anderlecht doing a partnership together. I can't see many players from the reserves/loanees going out on loan to Anderlecht. Only players who have got work permit problems e.g. Wellington, Ryo, Galindo etc.

scytheavatar

Established Member

Vela is already 22 years old. Even if Wenger loans him out it'll be to a premier league club. Otherwise I would think that any loan move would be a move to put him on the shopping window.....

Vela

Established Member

Pedro Botelho is wanted by Levante after Juan Ignacio Martinez was named coach there. He has played for Martinez at Salamanca and Cartagena.

Martinez has an excellent relationship with Arsenal's Richard Law and he also wants Wellington Silva for another season at Levante.

Mexican press reckon Swansea City want Carlos Vela on loan for next season. Can't really see that one happening though.

Not my words, got them off twitter.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

he might get Wellington on loan, but Botehlo (IMO) is coming back to Arsenal finally.. think he has his passport now, no?

P_Gunner

Botelho has his passport now. I don't see why we should loan Wellington to Levante again after the way it turned out last time. Would be best to find a team for him that will guarantee him playing time.

Vela

Established Member

Will Pedro Botelho been used as a full back or winger?

Vela

Established Member

As surly Gibbs will be a head of him in the order for left back.

Vela

Established Member

Levante In Talks Over Wellington And Botelho

http://younggunsblog.co.uk/2011/06/levante-in-talks-over-wellington-botelho/

Levante have opened talks with Arsenal over Brazilian duo Wellington Silva and Pedro Botelho, as Arsène Wenger begins to shape his first-team squad for next season.

The La Liga outfit are rebuilding their squad under new manager Juan Ignacio Martínez, who coached Botelho at Cartagena last season. Martínez has made the pacy winger one of his top targets, and initial discussions have proved fruitful, with Wenger already telling Botelho he will not be part of his first-team squad next year.

Levante are also keen to secure a second loan spell for Wellington, who spent the final six months of last season with the Valencia outfit, but only made two substitute appearances. Martínez is a big fan of the young forward, and confirmed he tried to sign him in January, only for Silva to rejected the offer of regular first-team action for the attractions of La Liga.

Botelho has two years left on his contract, and the initial signs are that Arsenal won’t renew it, without a spell in the Spanish top flight. The club had to pay 90% of his wages last season, as Cartagena remained skeptical of his attitude. However, his cult status there is now secure, after a stunning campaign.

The step up to La Liga promises to be a good one for Botelho, and with Wellington set to work under a coach who has close contacts with Arsenal, the pair would significantly benefit from securing deals with Levante.

est

If they can guarantee him regular football, why not. Hopefully he's already adjusted to the life there, and can kick on straight from the start.

Send Botelho there too. I doubt he'll make it with us, so at least he can build up his transfer fee.

Vela

Established Member

According to YoungGunsBlog Botelho got 2 years left on his contract. So loan him out this season as he will be playing in Spain top league. Then give him a chance next pre season.

bertlb2

I am surprised. I thought Pedro would have had a chance with Arsenal next season as a squad player, along with Francis, Kyle and Henry. It won't be much of a transfer fee if his contract runs out and we don't offer to renew it.

OohtobeaGoonerGal

Established Member

If these quotes from Frimpong are true, the maximum he would consider should be a loan, but honestly what kind of quotes are these?(I didn't know where else to put this):
He says he will consider a move to Cardiff or Charlton Athletic who have made approaches to get regular play.

Frimpong said: “It was a difficult season for me with the injury and the comeback but I think I will need to look elsewhere if the current situation continues.”

“Cardiff and Charlton have made enquiries and my understanding is that they’re very serious about me. If I’m not going to get regular play at Arsenal, then what is the point in staying there? He asked

“I definitely move on and my career with Arsenal will be over.”
<a class="postlink" href="http://ghanasoccernet.com/2011/06/emmnanuel-frimpong-will-consider-championship-move/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://ghanasoccernet.com/2011/06/emmna ... ship-move/</a>

This makes no sense. He loves Arsenal hugely, and the last season should've been classified as a write-off for him, like Vermaelen and instead look forward to next season.
I wouldn't be surprised if huge parts of this were fabricated or taken horribly out of context.

Vela

Established Member

Well Charlton are in League One not the Championship. Im guessing the quotes have been missed used or something. He might mean he does not want to be 21/22 and still in the reserves? After missing this season through injury, I would say he needs a loan move next season to get games. A championship team would be good for him IMO. As Coquelin has done very well in France this season and Coquelin is Frimpong competition for the back up DM spot in the future if AW does not sign one.

Vela

Established Member

Frimpong tweeted this below

"I didn't say I wana leave Arsenal I said ino its a gr8 club fightin for trophies if I don't get opportunities this year then loan will b gd"

So he is saying if he can't get in to the first team next season he wants to go out on loan. Does not want to play in the reserves next season I can understand that.

ebouenolike

Established Member

Frimpong seems to absolutely love Arsenal, I was never worried by the quotes, he's the kind of guy who will stay and FIGHT for his place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom