• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

playing a ps2 game on a computer

invisibleman18

Established Member
a friend of mine believes that you can play a ps2 game on your computer if you have a dvd drive. i don't believe him but as i have a ps2 anyway i haveno reason to try it (the fact i dont have a dvd drive is in there aswell). so i was just curious if anyone knows anything about this. surely the games would be protected from this as people could copy them onto a computer then make copies of them. and anyway surely they are a completely different format to what a computer can read. then again dvd's can be used in a ps2 so maybe it goes the other ways with ps2 games able to be used in a dvd drive. anyone know anything?

Lukazan

Established Member
I don't think you can, but I could be wrong.

There is a way to play PSX games on your PC I think, it involves downloading some bits so it works, but I won't talk too much about it because I'm not sure if it is legal... but seeing as you need the original CD of the game you wish to play... I don't see how it can be..

Spike

Established Member
Emulators.

With one, you can play PS/GC/XBOX/N64 Games on your PC.

A friend of mine said it's legal only if you have the actual game or something.

But you can download Emulators all over the Net, just use Google to search.

Also you can download other games [Or ROMS, what people call it] from the Internet, which is great.

invisibleman18

Established Member
interesting. i have never heard of these "emulators", i have had a bit of a look and there are a couple of new ones for ps2, i would be interested to know if anyone has managed to get one to work.
and where can you download games (ROMS) from? and are they legel?

skart14

invisibleman18 said:
interesting. i have never heard of these "emulators", i have had a bit of a look and there are a couple of new ones for ps2, i would be interested to know if anyone has managed to get one to work.
and where can you download games (ROMS) from? and are they legel?

You can get them off p2p software...but there are legal issues..plus the ps2 emulators need high end computers with very good graphics card to work properly...frame rates whatnot...

invisibleman18

Established Member
one more question, what exactly are ROMS? is it like downloading a playstation game onto your computer?

Arsenal Quotes

I tried to watch the Sp*rs match on television in my hotel yesterday, but I fell asleep.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Top Bottom