• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pompey V ARSENAL ratings

Lukazan

Established Member
Almunia - 6 Not much to do but was solid in what he did.

Sagna - 6 Solid performance
Toure - 5 Tried his best to support the attack but his best wasn't good enough. Gave the ball away a fair bit and his short passing was sloppy.
Gallas - 6 Should have scored. Other than that he was solid.
Clichy - 7 Ran his socks off.

Flamini - 6
Fabregas - 4 Shocking to be totally honest. A million miles away from the player he was before the injury.
Rosicky - 7 Our best player. Was neaty and tidy in just about everything he did but simply must have scored at the end. Should also have hit the target with an earlier effort.
Eboue - 4 Not dynamic enough.
Hleb - 6 Not involved nearly enough. I've given him a 6 though because I felt what he did when he was on the ball was very positive and led to a few openings.

Adebayor - 3 World class, apparently, but can't make a simple pass, control a ball or stay onside. Hmmmmmm....

Diaby - 3 Actually managed to make us worse which really says it all.
Bendtner - 7 He created a couple of chances for us as soon as he came on. Why he isn't starting I don't know.

Wenger - 0 4-5-1 fetish is a joke.

jay-d

Established Member
Almunia - 6 Average

Clichy - 6.5 Tried his best and worked hard, again final ball is poor.

Toure - 6 Looked a bit rattled and is a mess going forward

Gallas - 6.5 Missed a great chance, better of the two CB's

Sagna - 6 Average

Rosicky - 6.5 Had spells of influence and tried hard marked down for the sitter he missed at the end.

Flamini - 6 Average

Cesc - 5 Can't be fully fit playing like that, his worst game this season.

Hleb - 6 Tried and had a few moments.

Eboue - 5.5 Just not a good enough winger for Arsenal.

Adebayor - 2 I'm serious here, was atrocious and he's getting a 2 for turning up. How he stayed on for 90 mins will remain one of the worlds unsolved mysteries, right up there with who the **** was jack the ripper, well jack had a more subtle touch than Ade today.

Bendtner - 7 Came on and made an instant impact, in 10 mins doen more than Ade did in 90. Should start against Everton.

Diaby - 4 Nothing. Well except lose the ball and slow down play.

Lukazan

Established Member
jay-d said:
Adebayor - 2 I'm serious here, was atrocious and he's getting a 2 for turning up. How he stayed on for 90 mins will remain one of the worlds unsolved mysteries, right up there with who the f**k was jack the ripper, well jack had a more subtle touch than Ade today.

:lol: :lol: Post of the year for two reasons..

1. It's funny
2. Ain't it the truth.

Gurgen

Established Member
Almunia 7
Sagna 7
Toure 6
Gallas 7
Clichy 6
Eboue 5
Cesc 6
Flamini 7
Hleb 6
Rosicky 6
Ade 4

Diaby 2
Bendtner 7

Rocafella

Established Member
First set of ratings i've ever done.

Almunia - 6 : no heroics needed this time around but did everything well.

Sagna - 6 : thought he did well tonight. was solid as usual and tried going forward.

Touré - 6 : worked hard and came forward from the back trying to give us the extra push to make things happen. didn't deal with kanu particularly well though.

Gallas - 6 : average performance. almost grabbed a late goal but he
can't be expected to save us every week.

Clichy - 7 : guy doesn't stop running. few misplaced passes which could of put us in trouble but was very good.

Flamini - 6 : average. didn't see too much of him.

Fabregas - 5 : horrible really. one or two nice touches but the passes weren't coming off and continually dispossessed. maybe he needs a rest.

Rosicky - 8 : thought him and clichy were the best players by a mile. he was driving with the ball, making good passes and looked most likely to score. finally seeing what he can do now he's staying fit.

Eboue - 5 : the guy is just ineffective. erratic crossing, **** shooting and poor decision making. he isn't a winger.

Hleb - 6 : did okay but couldn't create any clear cut chances. worked hard though.

Adebayor - 4 : taught a lesson by kanu down the other end on how to play target man. there's times when the ball needs to be held up he just couldn't do it. extrememly frustrating. makes you wonder what bendtner needs to do to get a start.

Subs:
Diaby - 3 : did nothing.

Bendtner - 7 : this guy is knocking hard on the door. always makes something happen when he comes on. laid it on a plate for rosicky. now i understand what the hype is about.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Almunia 6
Sagna 6
Toure 6
Gallas 6
Clichy 6.5
Eboue 6.5
Flamini 6
Fabregas 6
Rosicky 7
Hleb 6
Adebayor 5

Diaby 4
Bendtner 6.5

arsmile

Established Member
My midpoint musings

Not a lot……..porstmouth have been ok…so have we…I reckon benjani might cause clichy problems- he can deal with any winger that goes outside him but if they cut inside it can confuse him I think……..ade has been ineffective….eboue always looks like he gonna do something great- and then dosent

And now at full time

Well that’s just bloody frustrating

Almunia-7.5- did well coming out to collect/kick portsmouth through-balls after our defense let them past, couple of saves, was left dangerously exposed when benjani came from deep to get a one on one outside the area, did all he possibly could, and got to the ball so quickly, then clichy did well to get back

Sagna-7.5- defended well and was good going forward

Toure-6.5- I think he is a bit out of form recently, and he goes marauding far far too often, he can be useful running forwards, but when he looses it he just sits in the central midfield position for 10 minutes, it’s an accident waiting to happen- and I wont up his ratings just cos it didn’t happen

Galas-8- defended everything that came at him and showed sensible offensive ambition, and of course- did all that captaining stuff.

Clichy-7.5-did ok defending against benjani, showed great pace and stamina towards the end of the game when we were fighting for the win, stopped a certain goal in coming back after benjani had rounded al

Eboue-5- got in great positions, and showed good skill on the ball but his end product was without exception, poor

Flamini-8- good in the middle keeping it all running, him and cesc held there own against a massive porstmouth cm pairing

Cesc-7.5- came into his own in the last 20 when he ran the show, but it didn’t open up for him, and he did very little throughout the rest of the game

Rosicky-7- great great running, with and without the ball, good passing- whasteful shots and definitely should have scored at the end-ie, another problem with the final ball

Hleb-6- at times looked as good as we have known him, however, far more often he looked unimportant

Ade-3.5- just did nothing, all game- I know he has a lot to offer the club, and he can play fantastic, and he does get a lot of unfair stick, but when he has an of day, boy does the team suffer, especially in a 451, wenger must start to notice this, might aswell have not been on the pitch- and when we play against 5 in midfield, even a relatively average 5, the threats of hleb/cesc/rosicky- are quelled, and we have to use ade, and he was absolutely terrible today 4-5-0- of course it dosent work

Diaby-4- came on and fell over consistently well, actually added a bit to that role and also lost the ball a healthy number of times

Bendtner-8.5- nearly won a 2nd straight game for us with a magnificent assist to rosicky, who should have done better, won all the headers that came to him, if he dosent start instead of/ as well as ade soon, not necessarily as a full time change, but just to show ade that he cannot get away with a performance like that and retain his place in the team

I just don’t know why, when the game is winnable, we don’t give bendtner more than 8 minutes to try and influence the game……..but, oh well, porstmouth defended very well and deserved a point……we are off the top, which does not feel nice, but it is far from the end of the world

In my humble opinion, we need to oust some of our out of form players, we have the depth, just to shake things up for a game, we look stale, and we are not effective, it seems that maybe teams have learned to play against this 451, although it can work, it seems, unlke the 442, it does have a definitive solution put 5 up against our midfield, stop any of them doing anything- and that leaves ade to the 2 centrebacks, and particularly when ade is playing like my grandmother- that is an easy easy job…….

…with a 442, whatever they do to our midfield, we are left with a dirct 2 on 2, our 2 strikers against their 2 centerbacks, and with both of them occupied, it leaves space for the midfield should they find a running opportunity….another poor poor performace I reckon.

..oh and Arsène says they couldn’t put a time-frame on when robin will be back, I take that to mean another 3 months!- maybe then he’ll come back for another hour before going off for the rest of the season- I’m getting pretty sick of his injuries….

go49oner

Established Member
Almunia-7 Didnt do much

Gallas- 7. solid defensiavly, but should of scored.

Toure 7.

Sanga 6.

Clichy 6. Got on some good position for a cross but he cant put good ball on box to save his life.

Eboue 6 .weird

Flamini. 7 done his job

Cesc 4. Was he even playing?

Rosicky 7 our most dangerous player, but his finishing let him done time and time again.

Hleb 6 .not his best game

Ade 4 same as Cesc

Diaby. useless

Nik.7.5 In 10 min he played we created more chances then we did the entire game prior to that.

lagos

Established Member
Almunia 7
Sagna 7
Touré 6
Gallas 7
Clichy 6
Eboue 6
Cesc 4
Flamini 6.5
Hleb 5
Rosicky 6
Ade 4 (the midfiedl didn't help his cause and haven't been helping his cause for a while now, so some of the stick he gets is unfair but he didn't do himself too many favours today either, he won very few balls in the air for instance)

Diaby: Diaby? was he on the pitch?
Bendtner 6

Wenger 0

nazo

Established Member
Almunia 7
Sagna 7
Touré 7
Gallas 7
Clichy 7
Eboue 5 (first half was good then got worse)
Cesc 4
Flamini 7
Hleb 4
Rosicky 6 (should`ve scored)
Ade 1 (for being that `1` in 4-5-1)

Diaby 4
Bendtner 7

Sammer

Established Member
Almunia 7
Sagna 7
Gallas 7
Toure 7
Clichy 7
Eboue 5
Flamini 7
Cesc 4
Hleb 5
Rosicky 7
Adebayor 4

Diaby 4
Bendtner 7

True Gooner

Established Member
Almunia 7
Sagna 6.5
Touré 6.5
Gallas 7
Clichy 6.5
Eboue 6
Cesc 5
Flamini 6.5
Hleb 5
Rosicky 7.5 Ran the show..and made loads of good chances
Ade 4 - Poor guy had no support..he was under pressure for the whole game..ease off guys

Diaby 2
Bendtner 6

Wenger 2 - for sitting in the right dugout

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Almunia - 6
Sagna - 6
Kolo - 7
Gallas - 6
Clichy - 8
Eboue - 5
Flamini - 6
Cesc - 4 - I start suspecting AW asks Cesc to play despite some worry on the possible recurrence of Cesc' hamstring problem. Cesc hasn't been himself for some time.
Hleb - 6
Rosicky - 7
Ade - 6

Sub:
Diaby - 4
Bendtner - 7 -changed the game

Wenger - 2 - 451 again despite Bendnter and Eduardo did well in their respectively recent games. Some arrangements also made me laugh:
First, a LB who can't cross properly was suddenly being asked to take direct FK. The result was anything else but predicable.
Second, Diaby played on the left quite some time but was played as CM in this game. Did Diaby offer any stability in the midfield to hold the ball, to string passes, and defend well? No to all these aspects. WTH...
Third, goal attemps from range become nonexistent.
Fourth, lots of overlapping between Sagna and Eboue. But when space was created did they find Ade and then cross the ball? No. It's the misfit winger Eboue trying to break into the box. f**king hell.
I can't bother going on...

I can bear with AW being defensive in starting 451 formation. But things became clearer and clearer having that extra midfielder didn't make ash*t difference both attacking-wise and defense-wise. Why not put Bendtner on 10-20 minutes earliers?

dutchMasta

Almunia - 7 (Solid all game)

Sagna - 6.5 (Decent)
Touré - 5.5 (Tried to help out in attack but failed, couldn't get the ball off Kanu, should battle more for aerial balls)
Gallas - 6.5 (Should have scored but defended ok, should battle more for aerial balls)
Clichy - 7 (Tons of energy, drive and determination down the left)

Flamini - 7 (Fought like crazy in the middle, several consecutive tackles)
Fabregas - 4 (Poor, lost the ball often, couldn't handle the physical nature of the game at all)
Rosicky - 7.5 (MOTM Very positive play, charged forward with good effect on so many occasions and was involved throughout the match. Should've scored at the end though)
Eboue - 5.5 (Decent play, but end product was *seriously* lacking)

Hleb - 6 (Not really involved, but when he was, was very positive)
Adebayor - 3 (Where do I start...control, decision making, aerial ability, ball judgement and offside trap control were all terrible)

Diaby - 4 (Just lost the ball, pretty much)
Bendtner - 7 (Great play, we created more chances when he came on)

Jaded

Never rate one before, but after that game, I needed one.

Almunia - 6.5

Toure - 6

Gallas 6.5

Sagna 7 - Solid, he looks good defensively and actually trying to create something upfront.

Clichy - 7 Mixed performance from him today, thought some of his interception was good, but there was a few moment his awareness over Benjani's positioning was abit naive.

Flamini - 6

Fabregas - 5, I don't think rustiness was the cause rather the whole tactics of 4-5-1 somehow causing him to be slightly clueless and not influential. But his passing was dead poor today.

Rosicky - 7, Good performance, nearly score after Bendtner good work, and works his socks off defensively too.

Eboue - 4 All pace but zero intelligence.

Hleb - 5.5, Same as Fabregas.

Adebayor - 1, Absolutely horrendous.

Subs
Diaby - 2, Next Vieira my ass.

Bendtner - 7, Should have come in earlier.

p/s: Like Lukazan, I don't know what the hell is Wenger thinking. Late subs, and i don't know which manager would have let Ade plays for full match after such diabolical performance.

A draw was a fair result me thinks

giuliob

5=average

Almunia -6.5 Well, he kept the clean sheet, although not too busy
Sagna -7
Touré - 6 Sometimes his attempts at offense are pathetic
Gallas -7
Clichy - 7 Thought Benjami gave him fits for the first 30 minutes, then he settled down, never gave up..
Eboue -5.5 Played a decent 1st half..Actually provided a spark, then ran out of steam, 2nd half
Cesc -3.5 Shocking performance,
Flamini -7 Good solid effort, and the best cheerleader out there
Hleb -5 Another average performance
Rosicky -7 He was the only attacking midfielder who showed some life and grit..
Ade -3.5 Is his ego that fragile that Wenger won't bring in a substitute for him?
Diaby -5 Not a game changing performance..
Bendtner -7 He saved his appetite for today...He makes a difference

I wonder what some of these guys ate for dinner yesterday..

godfather

Almunia 7
Sagna 7
Touré 6
Gallas 7
Clichy 7
Eboue 7
Cesc 6
Flamini 7
Hleb 6
Rosicky 8 MOTM
Ade 6

Diaby 5
Bendtner 7

Biggus

Established Member
Almunia 6 Still slow off his line a few times, could have caused disaster.

Sagna 6

Touré 6

Gallas 6

Clichy 7

Eboue 5

Fabregas 6

Flamini 7

Hleb 5

Rosicky 6

Ade 4

Diaby 4

Bendtner 5

I have a few questions.....
Why was Bendtner not on for Hleb sooner?
Why was Diop still on the pitch?

Bennett was a bloody disgrace as usual.

kym7224

Almunia -6.5
Sagna -6
Toure -6
Gallas-6
Clichy -6

Eboue- 5.5
Helb - 6
Cesc - 5
Flamini - 6
Rocisky - 7 MOTM

Ade- 5

Diaby -3
Bendtner -7

4-5-1 0

And Hleb, Cesc, Ade look Jaded for me.
don't know why Wenger stick to 4-5-1 until Robin back.

Lukazan

Established Member
Biggus said:
Almunia 6 Still slow off his line a few times, could have caused disaster.

Sagna 6

Touré 6

Gallas 6

Clichy 7

Eboue 5

Fabregas 6

Flamini 7

Hleb 5

Rosicky 6

Ade 4

Diaby 4

Bendtner 5

I have a few questions.....
Why was Bendtner not on for Hleb sooner?
Why was Diop still on the pitch?

Bennett was a bloody disgrace as usual.

Almunia too slow off his line?? Just looking for anything now, aren't you? He came off his line on more than one ocassion to save us.

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom