• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pre Season Friendly: Barnet 15:00, 18.7.09 (ATVO)

Raider

Established Member
First of 5 pre season friendlies kicks off on Saturday away at Barnet.

Seems too long since I've started up a match threads, dam summer break. Not expecting too much from this game, the likes of Rosicky, Eduardo or Gallas playing any part will be great.

This time last season we beat them 2-1 with goals from Barazite and Simpson, and the season prior to that it was a 2-0 scorline.

Something similar should kick us off to great things in the up and coming season.

Heres to 4-0.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Yeah i am looking forward to this..football is back at last! I expect the likes of Jay Simpson, Jack Wilshere, Aaron Ramsey and Henri Lansury to be involved, and then also a few other reserve/squad players. I do expect a few first choice players to play 45 minutes though..maybe Gael Clichy, Bacary Sagna and Samir Nasri and a few others.

So my team for Barnet:

___Almunia___
_Sagna_Senderos_Bartley_Clichy
_Nasri_Lansbury_Ramsey_Wilshere
_Simpson_Bendtner(?)

Ofcourse most of them only to play a half and then the rest of the players on the bench to come on and get some minutes.

I have a feeling we wont see Vermaelen, Arshavin or Van Persie in this game..just a feeling lol.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Interesting team. A lot of players aren't back for preseason yet though so they probably won't be involved from start. This, perhaps:

Almunia
Hoyte - Senderos - Vermaelen - Traore
Wilshere - Coquelin - Ramsey - Arshavin
Simpson - Eduardo

Are there any tube stations close to Underhill stadium, by the way? I might just be in London when this is being played. I've never been out there before.

progman07

Established Member
Will we see Arshavin, Eduardo, Rosicky, Vermaelen start, that's what I'm interested in. They have been at training from the start afterall.

Kilgallon

Got my graduation on Friday...otherwise would have gone to this. Hope all those going have a great day out! :)

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
GaelForce22 said:
High Barnet is on the tube (Northern Line).

Not sure how close that is to the stadium.
Cheers! Looks like it's only a few minutes away from the stadium. Sounds good.

Kilgallon

Klaus Daimler said:
GaelForce22 said:
High Barnet is on the tube (Northern Line).

Not sure how close that is to the stadium.
Cheers! Looks like it's only a few minutes away from the stadium. Sounds good.

It's a couple of minutes walk from the station, Klaus. You'll be able to follow Arsenal fans all the way no doubt.

Floating

Established Member
I can't wait to see Vermaelen and Djourou in the same defense. Our future CB partnership for years!

Arshavin is always exciting, too.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Its a little while silent surrounding Senderos so why not play him? in this match with Vermaelen?

I dont think we will see Arshavin though, maby Rosicky

progman07

Established Member
floating said:
I can't wait to see Vermaelen and Djourou in the same defense. Our future CB partnership for years!

Arshavin is always exciting, too.
That's what we always say though, don't we? Every promising player for the future is called as the starter in two/three years later, then half of them doesn't make it. :lol:

patrick42uk

Established Member
Surely Rosicky can play pre-season games? Why wait for reserve games? To me it makes sense that he's involved in alll the preseason matches so he can be ready for the start of the season. He said himself he could have played at the end of last season and we havent heard of any injuries since.

TomasCR

Established Member
Can't believe I'm going to miss the first game of the season, what a ****ing shame! Have a first game myself, at the same time. Unless I would fake an injury, oh wait!

Patrick, there is no doubt Rosicky will appear is some of the pre-season games. Reserve games are out of question since there are plenty of friendly games ahead. But I believe he'll need at least one or two more weeks of full training with the first team before the first sharp game after 19! months out. Not yet I'm afraid, Wenger will let us know soon though.

LucasNL

Our game against Stoke seems ages ago, can't wait for this match. Not expecting a rout or anything but it'll be nice to see the players again.

patrick42uk

Established Member
TomasCR said:
Can't believe I'm going to miss the first game of the season, what a f****g shame! Have a first game myself, at the same time. Unless I would fake an injury, oh wait!

Patrick, there is no doubt Rosicky will appear is some of the pre-season games. Reserve games are out of question since there are plenty of friendly games ahead. But I believe he'll need at least one or two more weeks of full training with the first team before the first sharp game after 19! months out. Not yet I'm afraid, Wenger will let us know soon though.

Surely he can manage 15-30 minutes, if not 45, against relatively more tired legs? I hope he's involved. I want him in the first 11 come Everton.

M+D

Established Member
Arsenal.com said:
No-one’s participation is guaranteed. However it is expected that the visiting squad will consist of younger players and some the senior stars who returned on July 7.

This group included: Almunia, Rosicky, Eduardo, Clichy, Mannone, Gallas, Djourou, Wilshere, Nasri, Denilson, Silvestre, Arshavin, Traore, Senderos and Vermaelen.

Link

TomasCR

Established Member
So he's going to play after all, what a surprise for me, really.

Edit: **** that, Edy is there too! What a day it's gonna be for the two.

Arsenal Quotes

Tony Adams was a legendary Arsenal captain. He had authority over the team and even over his opponents.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom