• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pre-season Friendly: Hannover 96 v Arsenal FC - 29/07/09

MAK 14

Established Member
sabret00the said:
Denilson had no worst of a game than Cesc. Don't let the goal blind you.
I've got to disagree with that. I thought that Fabregas had a good game, he seemed like he was quite fit, and i think he played well. He linked up well with Van Persie to score a good goal, and played some good passes. Overall i'm happy with his performance, especially so after it was his his first pre-season game.

Denilson on the other hand, i thought looked invisible. Song had to do twice the amount of work he'd usually need to do because of Denilson not pulling his weight and defending properly. If we are going to play that 4-3-3, we're going to have to play either Nasri or Rosicky there in my opinion, i don't think Denilson's style suits that formation.

Kenyonhater

We were excellent in the first half. Great possession, passing and movement. Don't let the doom-mongers convince you otherwise. The goal was a wonderful move with delightful play between Nick, Robin and Cesc.

As for the Arshavin-bashing, I love that he's been horrible so far because you just know that as soon as the serious stuff starts he'll step up. He hates training and this is just pre-season, ffs.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
As long as Denilson is still playing and starting regularly. We are not going to win anything. Its as simple as that.

I haven't seen a more invisible midfielder than him for a long long time. Utterly useless

sabret00the

Established Member
You're talking absolute ****. Absolute ****. Invisible? He facilitates most of our triangles and worked hard despite having a **** bag game against Hannover.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
I disagree. He was outmuscled in alot of challenges and did nothing. Song had to cover for him and did a 2 man job

I felt Cesc had a much better game, influential and making good passes and runs.

Lord Dula

Established Member
sabret00the said:
You're talking absolute s**t. Absolute s**t. Invisible? He facilitates most of our triangles and worked hard despite having a s**t bag game against Hannover.

Hmmmmm dunno where you've got this impression of him - 6 out 7 games pass this lad by. If he wasnt a young Brazilian he'd be struggling to make the reserves.

n chill out yous - go have a beer with Tucker McRoy

Lord Dula

Established Member
Shall I do us all and Arsenal a favour by sneaking me sniper riffes into the Emirates this weekend?

Common - who do you out?

Denilson plus???

patrick42uk

Established Member
We'v moved up a couple of inches. The defence literally plays up to the halfway line. Kind of ironic that it happens as we lose the defender you'd think is best suited to that i.e. Toure. Whats interesting though is what it means when we lose the ball. It ensures the ball is pressed very early, even if the midfield is bypassed (which was the big issue last year) with the defence looking to pick up the ball. Will be interesting to see how well this works against the better side. I think as well that the players look to be a lot closer to each other, which is what 4-3-3 can allow, making us more compact.

I commend for the thought that has obviously gone into trying to make the best of what he has and looking to minimise the impact of our flaws whilst playing to our strengths.

Lord Dula

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
We'v moved up a couple of inches. The defence literally plays up to the halfway line. Kind of ironic that it happens as we lose the defender you'd think is best suited to that i.e. Touré. Whats interesting though is what it means when we lose the ball. It ensures the ball is pressed very early, even if the midfield is bypassed (which was the big issue last year) with the defence looking to pick up the ball. Will be interesting to see how well this works against the better side. I think as well that the players look to be a lot closer to each other, which is what 4-3-3 can allow, making us more compact.

I commend for the thought that has obviously gone into trying to make the best of what he has and looking to minimise the impact of our flaws whilst playing to our strengths.

you didnt say who else...

otfgoon

Established Member
Knowing our luck, the sun will reflect off Silvests head at the crucial moment causing you to flinch and hit Rosicky on the knee instead.

patrick42uk

Established Member
On Arshavin, sure he hasnt been super productive but you see class moments everytime he's on the pitch. It also shouldnt go unnoticed that he forms an understanding straight away with whatever left back he plays with.

sabret00the

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
On Arshavin, sure he hasnt been super productive but you see class moments everytime he's on the pitch. It also shouldnt go unnoticed that he forms an understanding straight away with whatever left back he plays with.

If class meant tripe in another language, i'd put your whole post through that translation on google. he's not had a single class moment yet and his closest moments to being class have just made you realise how woeful he's truly been. however, given his attitude to pre-season training, i'm willing to overlook it for now.

Lord Dula

Established Member
You have to be a bit cooooooooo coooooooooo if you're questioning Arshavins ability.

Now I'm not saying you're not, but given your attitude this pre-season, i'm willing to overlook it for now.

sabret00the

Established Member
Lord Dula said:
You have to be a bit cooooooooo coooooooooo if you're questioning Arshavins ability.

Now I'm not saying you're not, but given your attitude this pre-season, i'm willing to overlook it for now.
I see no reason that his ability from be exempt from questioning. Yes he's had some slick moment in a team that looked like it was dying a death but other than that? It's an uphill battle for that dude right now, no matter how you look at it, he was bought to play out of position and he's looking like he's having a horrible time adapting.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Great to hear that the 4-3-3 worked brilliantly in the 1st half. As I've been advocating the change for a while now, this is easily the best transfer Wenger could have made this summer. Most importantly, it suits the players we possess, and we have so many quality options for the 3 FW and 2 CAM roles. Sign a player to compete with Song for the DM role, and we're pretty much sorted for next season.

qs

Established Member
sabret00the said:
You're talking absolute s**t. Absolute s**t. Invisible? He facilitates most of our triangles and worked hard despite having a s**t bag game against Hannover.

How can they call a player who is so involved in our passing game invisible?

Theres fair criticism and theres making stuff up to suit your argument, this is the latter.

Arsenal Quotes

My first ever football memory was Charlie George's double winning goal in 71. After that game; I just became an Arsenal fan.

Paul Davis

Latest posts

Top Bottom