• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Prediction - FA: Sheffield United vs Arsenal | 01/03/05

gooner#1

Arsenal play Sheffield United in an FA Cup replay, after drawing 1-1 against Southampton .

The time for youngsters has arrived. Thierry Henry was ruled out injured with an Achilles injury on Monday, while Dennis Bergkamp, and Jose Reyes, and Robin Van Persie are Suspended, it looks likely that Quincy, Aliladiere, or Lupoli will start .Cesc Fabregas will be back for suspension though .

In my first match ever at Highbuy Arsenal drew 1-1 courtesy of a Pires goal and Gray last minute penalty.This penalty was at my end so it made it even worse.Dennis Bergkamp was sent off at 35 minutes for a "poke" on Danny Cullip and Reyes was banned after the match for a slap on a Sheffield United player that the referee didn't see.

I predict a 1-0 win for the gunners today.Might go into penalties......

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
I'm predicting a 3-0 victory to our make-shift team. Maybe 3-1.

Ljungberg (x2)
Vieira

If Sheffield are to score, than it'll be via a corner or a free-kick. They haven't got a chance of a goal during play.

_scorpion_

Established Member
1-1 in regular time

Then the blades to nick it in penalties.....i hope I'm wrong, but so far this year:

I picked the 2-2 Chelsea result (including the score);
The losses to Liverpool & Bolton;
the loss to Manure (home & away) ; and
the loss to Bayern Munich away - although not the scores in each of those matches.

I just think we lack bottle in big games - and this is a big game for us.....

Not saying this to sound negative, its just a feeling i have had with some of the games we faced this year...I hope i am wrong....please let me be wrong!

patrick42uk

Established Member
we lack bottle in big games sure, but i dont agree this is a big game despite its hype. any sort of effort from our players and we'll cruise this. in a way i'm glad of all the hype currently surrounding sheff utd's chances. it means hopefully we do not understimate them which is the biggest threat.

2-0 to arsenal.

leongsh

With so many main players either injured or suspended, it's going to be tough to get past Sheffield United at their home ground.

If there is a time for the youngsters to step up and put up a strong claim, this game is it.

Similarly with some others, I will not be surprised if we go out against Sheffield United. However, I still have hope. Enough hope that Arsenal nicks a 2-1 win.

_scorpion_

Established Member
OneProudGooner said:
Greats fans aren't we at least try to be positive.

This is a predictions thread....and people are submitting their honest predictions.....why do people always get touchy when they don't hear what they want to hear?.....all these bloody "be posotive threads" ...."10 reasons not to top yourself yet"... blah blah blah.... why do people feel the need to come out with these topics also?

Do you seriously think I (or any other true gooner) will seriously stop supporting the team just because things are not going our way at the moment?

lee1001

Established Member
2-0 because we have to win or our season is over. Vieira and Flamini have to start and win the midfield battle, then we'll be fine.

arnoldi

Make shift Team ????? Then why do we have a squad of 40 players

3-1
Jagielka
Freddie

Owusu-Abeiye

Aliadiere

KoLo28

This game is it, we win we're still a chance of silverware, we lose, the season's over. Having to play youngsters might be a good thing, atleast we'll know they'll give 110%. Vieira needs to dominate the midfield. If we do conceed it will be from a set piece, they'll be very hard to watch. Game starts at 4am and I have to leave for uni at 7:30, so all i'm asking for is 100% committment. Arsenal to win one nil, thanks to ashley cole goal in the 87th minute.

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom