• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Prediction - PL: Portsmouth vs Arsenal | 19/12/04

The outcome of Portsmouth vs Arsenal will be a ....

• win

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • draw

• loss

• Total voters

gooner#1

After Arsenal drew at the weekend against a very strong Chelsea side and Manchester United drew last night to Fulham the top four was as you were except for Everton's move up to second place after their 1-0 win over the weekend. We have not lost by ground to the leaders but we missed a great opportunity to close the gap to 2 points after Henry's late miss. But the fact remains we were very close to winning and performed admirably with so many firtst team players missing in one position.

Last season we drew 1-1 with Portsmouth in both matches and only managed once against them and that was in the FA Cup-5-1, that was a great performance and a repeat of that would be welcome.

Patrick Vieira is back to lead the side and I fancy a 3-1 win against them .
Henry(2) and Pires for Arsenal while Yakubu for Portsmouth.

seb_afc

Established Member
i think all three points are coming back to highbury. who do chelsea have the weekend anyone know?

Canuck

Established Member
I'd agree that we shouldn't settle for anything less than a win at this stage. A string of good results should have confidence high, though Henry will still be kicking himself after the Chelski match.

3-1 to the Arsenal.
Those darn set pieces just keep me from calling a clean sheet.
Henry x2, Reyes
Ricardo Fuller for Pompey with a drive from outside the box after a poor clearance from a corner... :roll:

Mark

Established Member
We have to win it. Nothing glamerous, but a clean sheet is a must. 2-0 Arsenal. Van Persie and Pires.

towelie

3-1 arsenal
henry, van persie (2)
berger for portsmouth -- not from a set piece

its goalless at anfield after the first half

TT

I have a gut feeling Reyes will step up his game against pompey and notch in two goals in a 4-0 win. (Henry and Pires getting the other two)

thierrys_girl

Established Member
seb_afc said:
i think all three points are coming back to highbury. who do chelsea have the weekend anyone know?
Chelsea are playing Norwich at home, i dont expect to drop any points here so it is important that we win and i do have a feeling that we will.

LIVE on foxsports for Aussies at 3am

Soler

Established Member
Mark said:
Pompey got a draw at Anfield, which is more than we got. :roll:

Liverpool, like all average and mediocre teams, played out of their skins against us. Typical.

skart14

My head says 2-0, but my heart hopes for 5-0....I just think we need a really good thrashing of a premiership side to really get going again...

arnoldi

Arsenal 4(Henry , Pires, Van Persie ,Flamini) The scorers may be be different

Portsmouth 1( Arjen De Aeeuw) glancing header from a Co****er

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game
Top Bottom