• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 19/20: Matchday 35 (July 11-13)

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
I remember reading a piece when Lampard took over Derby saying his teams will always struggle defensively because it's something he never focused on when playing. There's examples of player's to manager 's that disprove this but his derby and now Chelsea can't fill anyone but the opposition with confidence.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Top 6 looks dead, can hope for 7th getting a EL spot or FA Cup I guess

Manberg

Predator
If we win all our remaining games, and Chelsea, Leicester City, Sheffield Utd, Man Utd and Wolves lose their remaining games; we finish in the top4.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Chelsea's defence this season would be a cautionary tale for me, in that experience is the most important attribute in a central defender. Chelsea's four CB's are Rudiger, Zouma, Christensen and Tomori, who are 27, 25, 24 and 22 respectively.

Now a stat nerd might love that. All young, all room to improve, all with upside and resale value. But their best and most experienced CB - Rudiger - is still not in his prime as a defender.

Take Christensen for example who was at mistake for the first goal, guilty of very poor positioning. That's something you do generally get better at the older you are. A lot of good defending is just about knowing where to stand.

Christensen has all the good attributes and buzzwords, but I keep hearing Chelsea fans complain about him.

It's why i'm not so sure about these names we're linked to, Upamecano, Gabriel, Sarr etc etc. We already have Saliba coming in who's very young. That's enough. You'd killed playing a 19 year old Saliba and a 21 old year Upamecano together in the Barclays.

I actually don't mind the theory behind a signing like Mari. Ok he's a bit slow, but he has experience of various leagues and he looks like a mature guy who was very highly rated in Brazil. I also don't mind the Luiz extension, he does bring valuable experience.

I think you could make a better case for keeping a 28 year old Mustafi or signing a new CB aged 27-30 rather than signing a highly rated 20 year old.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Ederson is a better passer than anyone in our squad. That makes me feel weird.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Both around the same level, Giroud wins as he has had the better career.
Giroud has operated at a higher level though, played for France, CL with Arsenal, now Chelsea and scored in the EL last season.

Lacazette simply hasn’t hit those heights.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Chelsea's midfield used to be Lampard-Makelele-Essien or throw in Ballack somewhere. Now look at it. Sad decline not only for Chelsea but the Barclays as a wholem

Miss a quality midfield, ours at Highbury were always super stacked...we have had some very good ones at The Emirates, but never quite had the same structure as before

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Juve v Atalanta starts in a bit, should be good. Or Atleti v Betis. You're much better off watching that than watch City win a game they don't even care about.

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom