• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier league 2014-15: race for ???????

Thehulk

I'm not saying our poor start was solely due to lack of an experienced 3rd choice CB, but it didn't help. Wenger doesn't just go out and spend £16m because we have a CB out for a month either. This was something he clearly dropped a bollock on, but sorted it out, to his credit--albeit a few months too late. It was actually an improvement on previous seasons where he hadn't bothered at all to address a problem mid-season.

Debuchy picking up another long term injury forced his hand mate, he has literally said as much.

Thehulk

He addressed a problem that he created by his failure to address it in the summer.

Every Tom **** and Harry knew we were short, one injury or suspension would leave us short and that happened.

We were just as short as Chelsea or any other club, we had the numbers, not going to explain it over and over.

Our defense has been better than last season whether you like it or not, we have had no thrashings like we have in the past, I checked our goals conceded stats and we are the second best defense in the league, and will more than likely have let in less goals than last year by the end of the season.

The_Roadrunner

Burned Out
We were just as short as Chelsea or any other club, we had the numbers, not going to explain it over and over.

Being short is not just about "having the numbers" but about quality and depth, not going to explain it over and over as everyone else seems to get this .

Thehulk

Being short is not just about "having the numbers" but about quality and depth, not going to explain it over and over as everyone else seems to get this .

Explain to me Chelseas depth then clever clogs lol
I have already analysed their squad, our defense is on par if not better.

We have fantastic quality and depth in defense, probably wont need to add to it for a good while.

The_Roadrunner

Burned Out
I have already analysed their squad, our defense is on par if not better.

You think our defense is better than the defense that just won the league, allowed less goals than us and we can't beat?

Thats a whopper. Certainly not something you can prove objectively when Chelsea have the stats behind them, the PFA team of year voting behind them and most neutral fans would probably place 1 Arsenal player in a combined Chelsea-Arsenal back 5.

Thehulk

You think our defense is better than the defense that just won the league, allowed less goals than us and we can't beat?

Thats a whopper. Certainly not something you can prove objectively when Chelsea have the stats behind them, the PFA team of year voting behind them and most neutral fans would probably place 1 Arsenal player in a combined Chelsea-Arsenal back 5.
Comparing them man for man silly billy, Chelsea have a lot of youth players in there squad to make up there numbers, but you know were talking about depth here dont you!

The_Roadrunner

Burned Out
Comparing them man for man silly billy, Chelsea have a lot of youth players in there squad to make up there numbers, but you know were talking about depth here dont you!

You should probably stop using insulting phrases.

Also you said our defense was "on par" if not "better" than Chelsea's defense. That has no objective evidence supporting that statement. That might be your personal belief, but in no way is that a statement that most gooners let alone neutrals would agree with. Its hyperbole.

Again you keep talking about "making up the numbers". Being a team deep enough to challenge is not just about "making up the numbers".

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Would you consider them as new signings?

Chelsea have three centre backs and three full backs, five out of six are or were full internationals, five out of six had league winners medals or champions league medals.

Last edited:

Thehulk

You should probably stop using insulting phrases.

Also you said our defense was "on par" if not "better" than Chelsea's defense. That has no objective evidence supporting that statement. That might be your personal belief, but in no way is that a statement that most gooners let alone neutrals would agree with. Its hyperbole.

Again you keep talking about "making up the numbers". Being a team deep enough to challenge is not just about "making up the numbers".

Nope I said this.

I have already analysed their squad, our defense is on par if not better

Thehulk

In the UK silly billy is not an insulting phrase, it's said to people you like, your wife, kids other children, a friend when having a light hearted discussion etc etc.

Thehulk

Would you consider them as new signings?

Chelsea have three centre backs and three full backs, five out of six are or were full internationals, five out of six had league winners medals or champions league medals.

Were not talking about signings were talking about who is in the squad, all our defenders are internationals.

Chelsea have less defenders than us mate you just confirmed it.

Move on now, I cant be bothered

Thehulk

Did you even read that link lol

Any way I'm not going to sit here trying to explain what silly billy means.

The_Roadrunner

Burned Out
Did you even read that link lol

Any way I'm not going to sit here trying to explain what silly billy means.

Perhaps you just shouldn't use it. "mountain goat with down syndrome". Your post is basically the Suarez defense to 'negrito' not being offense so again, gtfo with your insulting terms.

Anyway you never proved our defense is "on par if not better" than Chelsea but go on thinking that if it gets you through tonight of them winning the PL again.

Thehulk

Perhaps you just shouldn't use it. "mountain goat with down syndrome". Your post is basically the Suarez defense to 'negrito' not being offense so again, gtfo with your insulting terms.

Anyway you never proved our defense is "on par if not better" than Chelsea but go on thinking that if it gets you through tonight of them winning the PL again.

Isn't much to prove you just have to look at the squads.

Look I'm an Arsenal fan, I'm not going to sit on a forum all night trying to persuade people my team and manager are **** when they obviously are not, now go and enjoy Match of the day with the Chavs on.

And silly billy is not an insult in this country.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Were not talking about signings were talking about who is in the squad, all our defenders are internationals.

Chelsea have less defenders than us mate you just confirmed it.

Move on now, I cant be bothered
Well you thought Bellerin was a New signing even though he was with us since 2011, so thought you might have thought the same about Chelseas Reserves ie that they are new signings.

We play 4 at the back, the requires 2 full backs and 2 centre backs every game. Our squad had at the start 2 centre backs and 5 full backs, is that not the wrong way around. The leaves no room for error at CB, that's mad. Please don't mention Monreal, he isn't a CB.

The biggest mistake we made was signing Chambers. He may well become a super star but prior to his signing we already had two young promising right backs, it made no sense to sign him given our budget, requirements and existing players.

Thehulk

Well you thought Bellerin was a New signing even though he was with us since 2011, so thought you might have thought the same about Chelseas Reserves ie that they are new signings.

We play 4 at the back, the requires 2 full backs and 2 centre backs every game. Our squad had at the start 2 centre backs and 5 full backs, is that not the wrong way around. The leaves no room for error at CB, that's mad. Please don't mention Monreal, he isn't a CB.

The biggest mistake we made was signing Chambers. He may well become a super star but prior to his signing we already had two young promising right backs, it made no sense to sign him given our budget, requirements and existing players.

I have never said Bellerin is a new signing, I said he replaced Jenkinson in the squad.

We had the same amount of players as last season and the same as Chelsea. End of story!

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom