• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2023/24: Our Race Is Run

Where do we finish in 23/24?

• Total voters

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Sp**s struggling at home against one of the worst PL side ever and we expect them to beat City?

We're not ready

Arteta lost a few too many points f***ing around with Havertz in midfield in 2023 plus the Villa at home game. The very first game ( CS game) showed the promised of serviceable striker Havertz. If Arteta had played Jorgi in MF and Havertz at ST (once GJ got injured) we would easily have got at least 3 more point in 2023 thus taking matters in our own hands at the end of the season.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Arteta lost a few too many points f***ing around with Havertz in midfield in 2023 plus the Villa at home game. The very first game ( CS game) showed the promised of serviceable striker Havertz. If Arteta had played Jorgi in MF and Havertz at ST (once GJ got injured) we would easily have got at least 3 more point in 2023 thus taking matters in our own hands at the end of the season.

This is the reality sadly, most of our big losses came with Havertz at left 8, we've barely lost or even dropped points whenever he's played CF.

Such a shame but lessons can be learned and applied going forward.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

Despite all that's happened in 2023, we are still likely to finish 2 points behind City. Where in 2024 have we lost 2 points or more? I think that is the answer to your question here, that Villa game took the title out of our hands officially.

City themselves had experimentation in 2023 with the departures of Gundogan and Mahrez. I do think experimentation is necessary before the business end of the season.

Next season we'll likely do it again, but with less errors. We probably have the majority of our team set now and just really need a left 8 to be integrated. But that can be done gradually and not from matchday 1.

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose

He's right but we made it difficult for ourselves by only amassing 40 points in the first 20 games and dropping 20 points (when we lost to Fulham 2-1 at Craven Cottage).

That was not title challenging standards especially compared to our 50 points in 19 games last season when we beat United 3-2 at the Emirates. Can't be dropping silly points when challenging Pep the juggernaut who only lost 1 title race (Record breaking Mourinho Madrid team).

Last edited:

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Good result for us as Villa have Liverpool Monday. Should drop points meaning Sp**s have an outside shot at 4th and must win Tuesday.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

Pep gonna stay for another 5 years. Probably can’t believe having runs like this at the end of every season is so easy for them 😂

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Just seen the thread title @A_G you can't jinx your way out of this one
There’s no jinxes bro

Its Over GIF

Badger_Revenge

We were always going to struggle at first with a completely remade midfield. Fitting Rice and Havertz into the system was bound to be a puzzle that needed some solving. Confidence and chemistry had to develop.

If they win their next two, Arsenal would have 5 more points than last year, and the second highest return in their history. That total would have tied city last year (though they tanked their last two matches). That early period was clearly worth it. The platform it has laid for the future is worth it.

We have to find 4-5 more points in a season to beat this version of city to the title. It means having a bench that can provide an extra threat late in matches when things aren't quite clicking, or to spell some tired minds or legs especially if we go farther in the cups.

The two points that annoy me are the ones lost at home to Sp**s due to a silly mistake - but those will happen. We just have to make fewer of them, and one or two less down periods/matches.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
The title feels done but if Liverpool beat Villa tomorrow, then Sp**s have the slightest hope and can't afford to roll over in their pursuit of fourth. It's so annoying that we've set our destiny slip from our grasp again. I hope and pray for a good twist non of us saw coming.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

The title feels done but if Liverpool beat Villa tomorrow, then Sp**s have the slightest hope and can't afford to roll over in their pursuit of fourth. It's so annoying that we've set our destiny slip from our grasp again. I hope and pray for a good twist non of us saw coming.

Liverpool don't play Villa until Monday

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.

Daily Transfer Updates

Wednesday, May 22

Manchester United have joined Arsenal in the race to sign Ajax LB Jorrel Hato, but the player prefers a move to North London [HITC]

Benjamin Šeško will decide before the Euros whether he wants to leave Leipzig or sign a new contract [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have made an official offer of €20m + €5m add-ons to Fenerbache for LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Sabah Spor]

Arsenal are interested in Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow [Telegraaf]

Justin Bijlow could be available for around £10m [John Cross - The Mirror]

Newcastle are adamant Bruno Guimaraes will not be leaving the club unless his release clause is triggered [The Telegraph]

Arsenal admire Newcastle forward Alexander Isak, but the club insist they will not discuss a deal for less than double the £90m price being mentioned in the media [The Telegraph]

Sambi Lokonga says he has decided to leave Arsenal and his agent is now looking for a solution [Chris Wheatley]

Latest posts

Top Bottom