• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2023/24: Our Race Is Run

Where do we finish in 23/24?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This will come across salt but I think this week will come back to bite Sp**s.

You can already see Ange has been taken aback by the behaviour. House edge exists in football, see it all the time, letting this aura of it's ok to lose 'because Arsenal' is toxic to winning.

There has been an admittance now that they are in our shadow, crept out of it briefly under Poch. But are now firmly back in the void.

Whatever happens at the weekend, we'll come again. The inevitable has only been briefly suspended.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
We need better threat from our wide players next year to get a serious amount of goals. Trossard has been great, Saka had a decent season which has sort of petered out. Beyond that, there’s zero threat.

Getting better wide players who will dribble and commit players will take us up a level

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
While I certainly can see the thought of Son having missed on purpose, he also is absolutely f*cking awful now. He could just have fluffed his lines. He's clearly low on confidence and his decline has been obvious for 2 seasons now.
I agree tbh. Son of a few seasons ago would be scoring that no questions asked. He’s looked absolutely **** in the second half of this season

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

His irrational hate for Son is hilarious. I think it was the Overmars debate.

Credit where it’s due, he’s a visionary.

lol I actually used to give him his flowers on here for how consistent he was over the past 5 or so seasons but I was the fool in doing so. Would have loved that chance to fall to VDV so he could point to the badge when he buried it 🤣🤣🤣🤣

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
We need better threat from our wide players next year to get a serious amount of goals. Trossard has been great, Saka had a decent season which has sort of petered out. Beyond that, there’s zero threat.

Getting better wide players who will dribble and commit players will take us up a level

Where we need to improve is pretty clear and I’m sure we will. My worry is that City won’t be standing still neither I’m pretty sure this race will have them spooked.

Next season is gonna be another long one, strap in.

Anders Harbo

Angry Scandinavian #6
Did you actually watch the match? 🤔
He ghosted all match then missed an opportunity a toddler could score
I did watch the match, and I saw a Tottenham team giving everything they had. Son's scored 2 goals the last 8 matches. It's no miracle, he missed a 1v1. You talk like he's been hammering them in from left, right and centre all season.

Thrice

This Pep guy just needs to leave the league. He can take Txiki Begiristain and the rest of them with him.

I’m surprised how and why he’s stayed at City for 8 years.
This is the perfect environment for him. Best league in the world, unlimited resources, and they seem to give him whatever he wants.
He knows he'll never have it better than at City now. He's always been someone looking for the path of least resistance. He doesn't seem interested in real challenges.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Yeah Pep seriously need to leave it's already difficult competing with team who has unlimited funds cheaters plus best manager in last 20 years. These guys about it to win like 7 times in last 8 years?

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Son scored the exact same goal vs us at home after a similar mistake from Jorginho FFS

The above was this season aswell. Those sort of 1 vs 1 situations are usually his bread and butter 😂

Something really suspicious with that miss imo.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
My season ticket renewals came through early.

£1206 each. I'm really proud of what we've done this year, and can't fault our club. When renewing I always think a little about why I keep them. I'm busy. This is an expensive ticket. I pay twice.

My son having DS, I wanted him to get in to football for the camaraderie, the drama, the culture, the competitive integrity. All of it really.

When I step back and look at the bigger picture, I think about the 115, and how it has just hung there whilst we have been seeing other clubs punished with relative expedience. I think about PMGOL and the weight of decisions. Not just those on us, but on many clubs, but rarely City.

4 consecutive league titles, a treble then a double done back to back. Listening to interviews and points being made by pundits about how they've spent less money. 40m, 50m, 65m for Haaland.

"Shrewd business".

Feels like being gaslit. Then when I factor in that the manager has literally been tested for Nandrolone as a player, the probability of 115 charges all being false being absolutely insane to fathom. Pundits talking about them with the obedience of North Korean media.

I then think about when he's 10 years old. I'll have spent a further 14k. Will I just be taking him to watch whatever team flourishes in that era in this same lifeless attritional battle to the inevitable. I cannot tell each of their title winning seasons apart, other than it was us with them twice. They all feel the same. No twists, no turns, no real drama.

I often say to my wife that I want it to love football because I think it'll have a positive impact on his life and his character, but sometimes I think I'd be better off turning my attention away from the premier league and taking him to his local team (Bromley).

Last edited:

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Dejected.

I think Sp**s played a good game and could've won even, but 115 won't go away. Another asterisk title unless West Ham do something.

Anyway. Let's hope for the best.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I don’t even remember this Iheanacho chance as I wasn’t really invested in the title race during those years.

Former Citeh player costs Liverpool the title in 2019 at roughly the same time as the Son chance 😂

Ridiculous stuff.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

The above was this season aswell. Those sort of 1 vs 1 situations are usually his bread and butter 😂

Something really suspicious with that miss imo.
I understand this but it ignores a crucial element. There was something on the line in this match and he's the captain of Tottenham. Kane normally buries penalties, that one in the World Cup is part of Star Link now. Could just have been a case of a declining player being Spursy in key moment like so many before him have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

My first ever football memory was Charlie George's double winning goal in 71. After that game; I just became an Arsenal fan.

Paul Davis

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom