• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2023/24: Our Race Is Run

Where do we finish in 23/24?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Biggest mistake we can do is think we on same level as city and think we don’t need a lot. Cause we absolutely do. Imagine this team with 4 months of no Ødegaard. Cause that’s what city had with kdb

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
First of all I look at seasons individually because if 71 points win the league next season I'm still celebrating and you guys are definitely celebrating it and calling it the best title ever so I don't get that.

You have confused my words and assumed I am attacking Arteta or the team. I am simply saying we could have found the 2/3 additional points somewhere. Even a VAR decision or a slightly better transfer.

Not winning the title is on us, not because of City's 115 charges. There is minimal margin for error sure, but Arsenal barely dropped points in 2024 so it can be done.
Ok Sure but the fact we barely dropped points show how hard it is now.
It's on another level.
16 wins out of 18 is no longer good enough.

89 points is not enough now when 81 points was enough in the past.

City have corrupted the game & under Pep have totally moved the goalposts.

Fine you think we could do better!
However the undisputed simple fact is you are now asking a young Arsenal side under Arteta to get more points than the fkin invincibles.

I'm just saying that if a team gets more than 80 points you really can't complain that it has done very well & had a really good season.

SuperGoon

Lost A Bet And Now He’s A Top G

Player:Saka
Natural World What GIF by BBC Earth
Hahaha, send me a PM.

Think you might get more service out of the start of next season. I don't really hang around for the transfer madness. Up to you, boss.

Reactions: A_G

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Ultimately, this is on us.

Dropping points to Sp**s, west ham, fulham & villa at home is diabolical. Our putrid home form cost us & THAT is why we don't deserve the title.

If we are intent on winning the title, the Emirates needs to become what Highbury was, a ground with an intimidating aura all its own that no visiting team can hope to stand against!!

Farzad

Stormy's Lifetime Fan and Subscriber #1 🫶🏽

Player:Havertz
Biggest mistake we can do is think we on same level as city and think we don’t need a lot. Cause we absolutely do. Imagine this team with 4 months of no Ødegaard. Cause that’s what city had with kdb
That is what i am saying. We had all 5 key guys fit enough to play basically all season. This team is flattered by some exceptional luck with injuries we had and other big teams didn’t. How often do same CBs start almost every match and are fit for every match? Without Ode we have zero creativity. We need at least three quality players

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

However the undisputed simple fact is you are now asking a young Arsenal side under Arteta to get more points than the fkin invincibles.

Yeah, but the thing is I think the invincibles could go invincible in this league :lol:

I'm not demanding Arsenal go undefeated, but City is only one team and the league is full of weak opposition, at least in comparison to Arsenal and City's starting 11.

I'm just saying that if a team gets more than 80 points you really can't complain that it has done very well & had a really good season.

and like I said, I nowhere criticised our points tally at all. I equally don't think you can look at that Everton match for example though and feel hard done by at all. Or the Villa or Fulham matches.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Ultimately, this is on us.

Dropping points to Sp**s, west ham, fulham & villa at home is diabolical. Our putrid home form cost us & THAT is why we don't deserve the title.

If we are intent on winning the title, the Emirates needs to become what Highbury was, a ground with an intimidating aura all its own that no visiting team can hope to stand against!!
We lost nothing. We overachieved this season

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

That is what i am saying. We had all 5 key guys fit enough to play basically all season. This team is flattered by some exceptional luck with injuries we had and other big teams didn’t. How often do same CBs start almost every match and are fit for every match? Without Ode we have zero creativity. We need at least three quality players

We will sign 3 quality players.

The whole point is you sign players who rarely get injured, which is what we did.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
If you think competing against Prime Fergie United was "an honest era", you are insane...was as hard getting a title of them as it is City, plus the chasing pack was much better then so point tallies were lower generally.

Since the Invincible season, our best seasons go...

1. 2004/2005, 2nd and cup win.
2. 2014/2015, 3rd and cup win.
3. 2013/2014, 4th and cup win.
4. 2005/2006, 4th and Champions League final.

...all better than the current year.
They were a behemoth but were not built on corruption or unaturally like Man City & Chelsea after them.

That's obvious ffs no matter how much we disliked them at the time.

When it comes to ffp Abramovich's Chelski moved the goalposts & then Man City took it a big steo futher.

Man U were simply using their (albeit big) resources.

Arsène even acknowledged the fact ffs

We might not have liked Man U under Fergie but they were a proper club without Oligarchs writing off billions & nation state corruption so no doubt deserved their success.

They were 'naturally' the biggest club in the Country. So fair play to them.

The successful Chelski & Man City who came later were both built by non sustainable outside influence & corruption.
That's a simple FACT.

I really don't get why that is hard to understand.

Farzad

Stormy's Lifetime Fan and Subscriber #1 🫶🏽

Player:Havertz
We will sign 3 quality players.

The whole point is you sign players who rarely get injured, which is what we did.
I watched Arsenal never remember a team with fewer injuries to key players. City was like that last year they had no injuries really

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.

Dennis Bergkamp

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 2

Fulham have made Emile Smith Rowe a priority this summer and are ready to bid for him [Mike McGrath - The Telegraph]

Arsenal have scouted Las Palmas goalkeeper Alvaro Valles as they prepare to part company with Aaron Ramsdale [Ryan Taylor - The Mirror]

Arsenal have set a deadline of two weeks to complete the signing of Benjamin Šeško [Sky Germany]

Napoli striker Victor Osimhen is expecting an offer from Arsenal [Gazzetta]

Latest posts

Top Bottom