• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2023/24: Our Race Is Run

Where do we finish in 23/24?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

Game Over

Would it to be fair to say this City team has likely peaked? They weren’t as impressive as last year, the likes of KDB, Dias, Walker all a year older. A year closer to Pep’s eventual exit.

Us on the other hand have a young team, capable of improving, as proven last year into this season. Mikel is learning and improving season on season too.

Disappointing outcome, but lots to be positive about.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
Can you or any of us make a coherent argument that the league was tougher back then.
When you objectively look at the teams & points totals it doesn't look to be the case?
The only thing people can do is roll of the names of some players enjoyed in our youth which lets be honest has been going on for many decades.
View attachment 24531

Yes. I can very easily make a coherent argument that this was the case based on the points totals. That’s not me saying it was tougher, it’s me saying (again) that it’s fkn stupid comparing points total across different eras.

The Argument:

Let’s say hypothetically that the league consists of 20 teams that are identical clones of Man City. This would unquestionably be the strongest possible league ever. Now let’s say since there’s nothing between these teams, they all win their home games and lose their away games. The winner of the hypothetical strongest league of all time did so on just 57 points on goal difference…

Points total required to win the league IS NOT a good metric to judge the quality of the league as a whole.

In general I can’t stand this constant reaching by people here to compare with other seasons etc.

It just stinks of copium plus small **** energy plus an inability to handle disappointment I’m sorry.

We had a great season and we will be better next season. That’s all there is to say about it.

NZgunner

really deflating with such an early goal to City

obviously I'm disappointed, but it seemed to me that Areola was absolutely pathetic for two of their goals - money-in-the-Swiss-bank-account pathetic

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
We're getting closer aren't we. We just need a few more quality squad additions & a few quality starter additions & we can go again.

City will obviously evolve again with quality additions, but this season we showed we can pretty much match them.

We have to cut out the unacceptable losses to West Ham & Fulham & the loss to Villa when we were on a great run.

Hopefully the boys can take strength from this season & go again.

Hopefully AM can do the same !

Synical

Miss Superstitious

They’re winning because they are cheats and cooked the books and can go out and buy any player and pay them 500k a week because of this.

Horrible plastic club who will go back to being irrelevant once the oil money dries up.

They are owned and backed financially by a country ffs.
So how is the money going to dry up if they're owned by a country?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Why the hell would you walk through that road, alone and wearing an Arsenal shirt...and today of all days!

Brave guy :lol:

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Why the hell would you walk through that road, alone and wearing an Arsenal shirt...and today of all days!

Brave guy :lol:
brave GIF

IrishGooner93

Pep is an incredible manager no doubt about it. But as much of a winner he ,...what a loser. Staying at that nothing soulless club with no history , **** fans and endless resources.
He's played and managed at football heritage clubs like barca and bayern. And now to go season after season in that empty vassel city winning the league every year.
He's like some 12 year old playing fifa on beginner level , beating the cpu 12-0 every game and wanking himself off.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

We're getting closer aren't we. We just need a few more quality squad additions & a few quality starter additions & we can go again.

City will obviously evolve again with quality additions, but this season we showed we can pretty much match them.

We have to cut out the unacceptable losses to West Ham & Fulham & the loss to Villa when we were on a great run.

Hopefully the boys can take strength from this season & go again.

Hopefully AM can do the same !

Would agree with the squad depth angle but this guy makes a good point below:

The difference between City and Arsenal isn’t really the depth, not this City team anyways but it’s the players they have who can change a game even when they aren’t performing well.

How many times over the past few weeks have we said “City look vulnerable” then Haaland or KDB pop up and win it for City. We need to improve our starting XI more than anything this summer.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Would agree with the squad depth angle but this guy makes a good point below:

The difference between City and Arsenal isn’t really the depth, not this City team anyways but it’s the players they have who can change a game even when they aren’t performing well.

How many times over the past few weeks have we said “City look vulnerable” then Haaland or KDB pop up and win it for City. We need to improve our starting XI more than anything this summer.

The thing is with City they’ve built this machine where they have 6 or 7 defenders where the quality does not drop no matter who’s playing. That’s partly down to Rodri as well, the blokes never injured. They have no depth for Rodri and continue to never address that/never need to address it.

And then of course they have a few consistent match winners in forward areas. Fodens stepped up, Haaland scores for fun and is rarely injured. Alvarez drops in when need be (reminds me of Trossard for us). Bernardo, KDB etc on top of that as well.

They have a good blend of older match winners and also young match winners. We don’t have the older match winners in the team or any real consistent match winners.

Farzad

Stormy's Lifetime Fan and Subscriber #1 🫶🏽

Player:Havertz
To be honest this hurts a lot less than last year where we were garbage and collapsed second half of season. When we bought Havertz i knew it would cost us not upgrading attack. And early on his terrible start and Mik benching Gabriel cost us. Oddly, as soon as City and us were even halfway through season i expected them to not drop anymore. They have done it time and again under Guardiola.

They always start out slow; have their wobbles then go on lockdown after Christmas. So if you want to beat City you have to have a lead going into second half. We didn’t; when City started slow we had our wobbles also. If you don’t have 6-8 point lead on them by first half of season you are most likely losing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 2

Fulham have made Emile Smith Rowe a priority this summer and are ready to bid for him [Mike McGrath - The Telegraph]

Arsenal have scouted Las Palmas goalkeeper Alvaro Valles as they prepare to part company with Aaron Ramsdale [Ryan Taylor - The Mirror]

Arsenal have set a deadline of two weeks to complete the signing of Benjamin Šeško [Sky Germany]

Napoli striker Victor Osimhen is expecting an offer from Arsenal [Gazzetta]

Latest posts

Top Bottom