• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2023/24: Our Race Is Run

Where do we finish in 23/24?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
We just need a few more quality squad additions & a few quality starter additions & we can go again.

Would agree with the squad depth angle but this guy makes a good point below:

The difference between City and Arsenal isn’t really the depth, not this City team anyways but it’s the players they have who can change a game even when they aren’t performing well.

How many times over the past few weeks have we said “City look vulnerable” then Haaland or KDB pop up and win it for City. We need to improve our starting XI more than anything this summer.
That's why I also said a few quality starter additions. Or did you somehow miss that ?

Synical

Miss Superstitious

The thing is with City they’ve built this machine where they have 6 or 7 defenders where the quality does not drop no matter who’s playing. That’s partly down to Rodri as well, the blokes never injured. They have no depth for Rodri and continue to never address that/never need to address it.

And then of course they have a few consistent match winners in forward areas. Fodens stepped up, Haaland scores for fun and is rarely injured. Alvarez drops in when need be (reminds me of Trossard for us). Bernardo, KDB etc on top of that as well.

They have a good blend of older match winners and also young match winners. We don’t have the older match winners in the team or any real consistent match winners.
Yes. That's why we heard Rodri complaining that he plays too many minutes. Something's got to give. He's done 4 in a row now... maybe he'll have no energy left next season 🤷🏼‍♀️

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

That's why I also said a few quality starter additions. Or did you somehow miss that ?

I saw it lol I only quoted the post as I think we should prioritise our first XI over signing any squad players especially that whole left hand side. If depth comes about from players losing their spots then so be it.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

We beat them twice this season, and also had the best chance at the Etihad...I don't think Klopp ever won there, not in the Prem anyway.

Easy to have the "mentality" when fake sponsors pop up overnight and give you another £100 million to spend, God I hate everything about City.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Yes. I can very easily make a coherent argument that this was the case based on the points totals. That’s not me saying it was tougher, it’s me saying (again) that it’s fkn stupid comparing points total across different eras.

The Argument:

Let’s say hypothetically that the league consists of 20 teams that are identical clones of Man City. This would unquestionably be the strongest possible league ever. Now let’s say since there’s nothing between these teams, they all win their home games and lose their away games. The winner of the hypothetical strongest league of all time did so on just 57 points on goal difference…

Points total required to win the league IS NOT a good metric to judge the quality of the league as a whole.

In general I can’t stand this constant reaching by people here to compare with other seasons etc.

It just stinks of copium plus small **** energy plus an inability to handle disappointment I’m sorry.

We had a great season and we will be better next season. That’s all there is to say about it.
This is all well & good but the simple facts remain that the goalposts moved massively post Abramovich & Peps City took it to another level.

This is 100% undisputed.

Are you seriously saying Abramovich coming to Chelsea and a nation state turning up at City didnt tótally change the football landscape?

I'm 100% convinced if these things had not happened Us, Liverpool and Man U, the 3 largest natural clubs in the Country deservedly have more titles.

Points metrics may not be perfect but it's the best system we have.

Your argument of a league full of Man City clones winning the league with 57 points and it being tougher is ok in theory but actually impossible as there are not that many top players in the World so the standard would drop to the mean.

Man City have won the league for many seasons because they have the best squad /manager.

I have absolutely no problem saying that it's a fact.

It's only the way they got into that position that leaves a sour taste with me.

I guess It's comes down to how you view/value sport and fairness of competition.

If you feel it's ok for corrupt oligarchs and nation states to come along with billions and steamroller their way to success then ok.

We both have to accept it's happened but can have differing views, I get your point about copium. I'm not gonna lie of course it's disappointing that the Arsenal side with the biggest ever points total bar the invincibles is not good enough to win the league.

Anyhow Let's hope we go again and win next time👍.

Last edited:

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
why are these people and media trying to make us feel bad for losing out in a close race?
The same media pampered Liverpool for losing against the same team

My only theory is many of these media people are from Sp**s.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
It hurts bro

Ngl I am more or less delighted with how this season has gone (bar missing out on the ears ofc), 89 points and back in the CL again, where this beautiful club should be.

but i wouldn’t trade places with a City fan for a second. Integrity is worth more than trophies and money. It’s our club win or lose it is a badge we can be proud of.

Completely agree with all of this

Ps i still think Mik is a tosser

It was going so well :lol:

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Cool story bro, as if City wasn't defending for their lives at Anfield trying to win a point.

And let's not talk about Arsenal beating Villa because that would've made Senor Rodrigo look like a mug.

Did he just say we only went to Etihad wanting to win a point forgetting that's the only game they didn't lose to us this season.

What a muppet.

Farzad

Stormy's Lifetime Fan and Subscriber #1 🫶🏽

Player:Havertz
Ngl I am more or less delighted with how this season has gone (bar missing out on the ears ofc), 89 points and back in the CL again, where this beautiful club should be.

Completely agree with all of this

It was going so well :lol:
I feel much better about this year than last year. Not collapsing and fighting till last day is an improvement. Mik needs to improve but he earned himself another chance. I am not braying for his firing, but he has to do it, and to do it he has to make almost all the right moves. It is a very high standard but that is the job he has

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 2

Fulham have made Emile Smith Rowe a priority this summer and are ready to bid for him [Mike McGrath - The Telegraph]

Arsenal have scouted Las Palmas goalkeeper Alvaro Valles as they prepare to part company with Aaron Ramsdale [Ryan Taylor - The Mirror]

Arsenal have set a deadline of two weeks to complete the signing of Benjamin Šeško [Sky Germany]

Napoli striker Victor Osimhen is expecting an offer from Arsenal [Gazzetta]

Latest posts

Top Bottom