• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2023/24: Our Race Is Run

Where do we finish in 23/24?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Fine then, despite just coming off a treble season and this being their 3rd or 4th title in a row Rodri should have just come out and said we got lucky to appease you guys then.

He could have just said "Arsenal were fantastic but we were just a little bit better and are deserved champions".

The mentality **** is obvious garbage imo

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Real Madrid gone at Etihad played the same way? They knocked out Man city are they cowards too? Man city spent all game at Anfield defending and got lucky not to lose by 4 goals why Rodri don't speak about that too? These are mind games don't fall into them

100%.

Imagine thinking a draw at Etihad isn't a good result, you beat your rivals at home and draw them away to win titles. We just weren't as good against the rest of the league as they were.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He could have just said "Arsenal were fantastic but we were just a little bit better and are deserved champions".

They were genuinely rattled by the 2 matches against us this season. They didn't like not being able to little bro us anymore and it shows. Rodri's little comment is just a mirror of what he is as a player, coming in late and dirty with something cheap but ultimately getting away with it.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

That’s the beauty of it he scored the final goal of the season that secured the title so he’s allowed to say whatever the hell he likes within reason.

It’s up to Arsenal to change the narrative instead of relying on Rodri to be kind or 100% truthful about a title race he himself a full stop on.

If the shoe was on the other foot and one of our players joked “it felt like it took 115 goals to get here” Rodri would similarly have to take it.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

I think to pick yourself up again after having nothing to prove after a treble win and get 90+ points how could it have not come down to mentality? What are we really talking about here?

I don’t really get you guys but I’m also thankful I don’t.

HattoriHanzo

We don’t have to outplay them. But in my opinion, we didn’t try enough to win. It was a defensive masterclass, but an offensive disasterclass.
Had we tried more to win, and lost, how would you react?
Would you call Arteta naive?
Ancelotti also set Real there to play defensively.

Real Madrid ‘studied Arsenal tactics’

I don't know about you, but if Arteta's tactics was good enough for Ancelotti, it is also good enough for me.

BergMan

Leverkusen Ultra
We used to call Liverpool’s fan base deluded but in recent years I’m seeing it in our fan base.
There’s no conspiracy against Arsenal, it’s not us against the world. Stop this crap it’s embarrassing. Not necessarily speaking about Arsenal fans here but Arsenal fans everywhere. Only thing that would make us hated is our fans keeping up their levels of arrogance and delusion.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
I think to pick yourself up again after having nothing to prove after a treble win and get 90+ points how could it have not come down to mentality? What are we really talking about here?

I don’t really get you guys but I’m also thankful I don’t.

Mentality is just a bit of a vague catch all term that means different things to different people is all.

I don’t think you can look at our record against the big 6 and come away concluding that we didn’t have the stomach for the big fights - we clearly did and more so than city. If anything we didn’t have the same mental application against the smaller teams. Both of these are very different things but come under that “mentality” umbrella. Doesn’t jive with what Rodri said though so I’m not having that. If he just said mentality then you could justify it some way but his example honestly doesn’t add up.

In general I’ve said a few times I don’t believe it makes sense to try and micronanalyse an entire league campaign. You have to zoom out. We lost the league because we effectively replaced two thirds of our high functioning midfield in one summer and it took us half the season so figure things out.

City and their 115 and all that, doesn’t factor in it for me. You win the league by posting the highest total it’s that simple. *****ing and moaning about how unfair the world is isn’t really my style but if others wanna sing about it then 🎤

Life is very very rarely fair.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Had we tried more to win, and lost, how would you react?
Would you call Arteta naive?
Ancelotti also set Real there to play defensively.

Real Madrid ‘studied Arsenal tactics’

I don't know about you, but if Arteta's tactics was good enough for Ancelotti, it is also good enough for me.

I would have respected him more because I never thought we would be perfect in the run in after City. For me, City felt like a must win if we wanted to have a real chance of the title.

In regards to your second point, the CL is a completely different tournament, pointless comparing the two.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Mentality is just a bit of a vague catch all term that means different things to different people is all.

I don’t think you can look at our record against the big 6 and come away concluding that we didn’t have the stomach for the big fights - we clearly did and more so than city. If anything we didn’t have the same mental application against the smaller teams. Both of these are very different things but come under that “mentality” umbrella. Doesn’t jive with what Rodri said though so I’m not having that. If he just said mentality then you could justify it some way but his example honestly doesn’t add up.

In general I’ve said a few times I don’t believe it makes sense to try and micronanalyse an entire league campaign. You have to zoom out. We lost the league because we effectively replaced two thirds of our high functioning midfield in one summer and it took us half the season so figure things out.

City and their 115 and all that, doesn’t factor in it for me. You win the league by posting the highest total it’s that simple. *****ing and moaning about how unfair the world is isn’t really my style but if others wanna sing about it then 🎤

Life is very very rarely fair.

I just cannot fathom how Rodri saying mentality is the difference can upset people. Especially as he was right it takes a strange level of motivation to fight for the title until the final day when you’ve already won all the titles.

I don’t get the complaints and I refuse to sympathise anyways. Do better on the pitch and hopefully in the market this summer.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Regarding Rodri and his comments, this is what he said after Real eliminated them:
However, City midfielder Rodri was more scathing of Madrid’s tactics at the Etihad.

‘To be honest, I’ve only seen one team today,’ Rodri said.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't know why any Arsenal fan should care what Rodri said.

Even as an ex-Atléti player I’ve always found the guy to be a salty little *****.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
I just cannot fathom how Rodri saying mentality is the difference can upset people.

It’s not the mentality bit I don’t think. If he just said that it’s fair. It’s the example he gave… it doesn’t make any sense.

City’s mentality is beyond question no doubt, but also no one is questioning it. People often downplay Guardiola as a chequebook manager but I’ve said many times his ability to motivate his players is second to none.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
We used to call Liverpool’s fan base deluded but in recent years I’m seeing it in our fan base.
There’s no conspiracy against Arsenal, it’s not us against the world. Stop this crap it’s embarrassing. Not necessarily speaking about Arsenal fans here but Arsenal fans everywhere. Only thing that would make us hated is our fans keeping up their levels of arrogance and delusion.
Have you not read RAWK, Bluemoon or Red Cafe. Every single fanbase has a significant number of people who believe there is a conspiracy against them.

The next time someone tells you our fanbase is the worst remind them of when the Man City fans held onto the ball before Bernado Silvas horrible penalty kick in the CL quarter-final (terrible mentality from him there btw)

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

It’s not the mentality bit I don’t think. If he just said that it’s fair. It’s the example he gave… it doesn’t make any sense.

Ah, yeah I didn’t really focus in on that bit to be fair. Still a bit pedantic from whoever is bent out of shape about that though?

I could point out 115 reasons why Arsenal didn’t win and none of them would be to do with City. It would just be me listing a bunch of A-M members who don’t deserve to see any Arsenal success.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Glad Rodri came out and said that hope we can have a proper rivalry now instead of being their little bros. Need Mik to turn on Pep tho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 2

Fulham have made Emile Smith Rowe a priority this summer and are ready to bid for him [Mike McGrath - The Telegraph]

Arsenal have scouted Las Palmas goalkeeper Alvaro Valles as they prepare to part company with Aaron Ramsdale [Ryan Taylor - The Mirror]

Arsenal have set a deadline of two weeks to complete the signing of Benjamin Šeško [Sky Germany]

Napoli striker Victor Osimhen is expecting an offer from Arsenal [Gazzetta]

Latest posts

Top Bottom