• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2023/24: Race for the Top

Where do we finish in 23/24?

• Total voters

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Results in Europe prove that the premier league really isn’t all that. Granit Xhaka’s Leverkusen won the Bundesliga and that’s a bigger achievement than it would be for Arsenal to win the premier league I’m just being realistic. It’s proven to be a more competitive league.
Should not be struggling so hard to win the English premier league.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Results in Europe prove that the premier league really isn’t all that. Granit Xhaka’s Leverkusen won the Bundesliga and that’s a bigger achievement than it would be for Arsenal to win the premier league I’m just being realistic. It’s proven to be a more competitive league.

City are a better squad than Bayern with a better manager. They'd win the Bundesliga

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

I'd say Bayern is way more oppressive on the teams in their league than City is here.

In the prem you are free to overspend on Rice and Caicedo, where as bayern would shut that down (as City tried to with Rice but we just had far too much money and conviction).

Bayern will probably go shopping in Leverkusen as well. It's mostly just excuses and cope to deal with Arsenal's short comings in the league really.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
If we lose to Wolves im out.
I think it would show that this team hasn’t really grown despite all the interviews and statements to the contrary saying we have learnt from last season’s collapse.

It’s also why there is ALWAYS some trepidation with Arsenal even when they go on these mid-season winning runs and why the likes of Gary Neville rightly questions this team’s credentials. Until you get round to actually proving your critics wrong by playing under serious pressure and winning, you will face the same accusations.

Let’s see what happens against Wolves. The pressure is on.

lufere7

Player:Martinelli
It's at times like this I'm glad I'm a delusional optimist. Where people see bottling I see progress.

Around this time last season, since the start of the year we had dropped points against Everton, Newcastle, Brentford, West Ham, Soton and lost twice to City. This year we got a draw to City away and had won all the other games, breaking all kinds of records. Losing to Villa was depressing yes and we should have won it, but to me losing your first league game of the year 4 months in is not what I'd consider bottling.

We are a young team and we're learning. The team's age will stop being a justification eventually, probably as early as next season, but not quite yet at least for me.

This will all look very silly if we lose to Wolves and continue on a downward spiral till the end of the season lol, but I think we need a counter to all the doom and gloom in this thread, it's unbearable (but understandable ofc)

Mudi

What I have come to realisation is that Arsenal is making every week a cup final while City is quite relaxed and mentioning that it is still a long way forward.

Looking at the approach, we are putting ourselves unnecessary under pressure while City is like yeah all will be good, no worries.

And this is the term bottling comes from, you put yourself under pressure and fail to deliver. That's why everyone puts City favorites even if they trail 6 points. They know that the other teams are under significant pressure and they lack the experience/quality to overcome this issue.

So no, the last 6 are not cup finals. They are just games as we should approach them if they were mid year. Looking on form, Chelsea, Sp**s, Utd, ... are all out of form. Why would you give them the idea that it is a cup final for you? If it is a final for you and you want to win the final, it also means that it is a final your opponent and you wake them up and put significancy to those game.

We should go and say, yeah City basically won the title, Liverpool has a easier schedule so we are okay with third place. We will focus for next year. That's it. Don't give the opponent the idea that you will fight for death to win because they will do the same ...

Mudi

We’d be well clear of City and Pool if we still had him I think.

We'd be well clear if we had a proper replacement for him!

You can't replace Xhaka with Kai and then expect Zinchenko to play the inverted role. Xhaka was basically given Zinchenko a free role as he was taking his defensive duties. Arteta goes and buys a striker and thinks that he could do the same job as Xhaka.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
If we win our next 2 we'll be 5 points clear when City goto Brighton. That will put the pressure on them somewhat. They then goto Forrest, who are at least fighting for their survival, although them taking points off City is unlikely. Fulham and Sp**s away won't be foregone conclusions for City either. The other thing is the fixtures are piling up for City at this stage. 3 games in 8 days, then a weeks break either side of a game before another 3 games in 10 games. Our schedule is easier because they're in the FA Cup

If we could win every game, the title is still possible. Even every game other than a draw at Sp**s may do it. We just need them to draw twice, ie Brighton (A) and Sp**s (A)

HighburyHigh

If we win our next 2 we'll be 5 points clear when City goto Brighton. That will put the pressure on them somewhat. They then goto Forrest, who are at least fighting for their survival, although them taking points off City is unlikely. Fulham and Sp**s away won't be foregone conclusions for City either. The other thing is the fixtures are piling up for City at this stage. 3 games in 8 days, then a weeks break either side of a game before another 3 games in 10 games. Our schedule is easier because they're in the FA Cup

If we could win every game, the title is still possible. Even every game other than a draw at Sp**s may do it. We just need them to draw twice, ie Brighton (A) and Sp**s (A)
Unless Sp*rs are going for 4th they'll throw the City game.

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
I think it would show that this team hasn’t really grown despite all the interviews and statements to the contrary saying we have learnt from last season’s collapse.

It’s also why there is ALWAYS some trepidation with Arsenal even when they go on these mid-season winning runs and why the likes of Gary Neville rightly questions this team’s credentials. Until you get round to actually proving your critics wrong by playing under serious pressure and winning, you will face the same accusations.

Let’s see what happens against Wolves. The pressure is on.

Would be awkward to drop points in a title race after these comments, a injury ravaged Wolves side should not be the game to be dropping points

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The fans are allowed to be down at this point, we can't do anything really...the players if they have anything about them should still be thinking of winning the league, they still have a chance.

The constant ****ups over the past 2/3 years shouldn't matter to the team, they should be itching to change that if anything as they are the ones pretty much in control of it.

Bradpiff

The fans are allowed to be down at this point, we can't do anything really...the players if they have anything about them should still be thinking of winning the league, they still have a chance.

The constant ****ups over the past 2/3 years shouldn't matter to the team, they should be itching to change that if anything as they are the ones pretty much in control of it.

And let’s just say they do balls it up again what then

Arsenal Quotes

Of the nine red cards this season we probably deserved half of them

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom