• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2023/24: Race for the Top

Where do we finish in 23/24?

• Total voters

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Form goes out of the window in derbies. They'll be fueled by pure hate. We must minimize the game from becoming end to end as much as possible.

True but I trust the team.

Also pretty big game for City tomorrow away to Brighton, whilst they’re fully expected to win. If they do not that is massive.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Sp**s fans rallying their online troops, to “save football” this weekend.

We need to do the job this weekend.

"Save football" ...by stopping a young side that have done things the right way, a proper historic team that had to give up a lot from 2007 to now really to try and compete with cheating financially doped sides by building a new stadium on our own...to make sure a state owned nothing club win very "dodgy" owners win a 4th title in a row, all with 115 charges around their neck.

Warra saving football that would be, tbh...like if Austria wanted to "save the 2nd world war", by trying to take out the US before they attacked the "heroes" lead by Hitler ffs 😅

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Whats the super computer saying?

computer GIF

Sorry I just wanted to use that gif.

I don't know about the super computer but I think if we win all of our games we'll win the title.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Form goes out of the window in derbies. They'll be fueled by pure hate. We must minimize the game from becoming end to end as much as possible.
It's so hard to take the emotion out of what is inherently an emotional fixture. The fans will be absolutely pumped on both sides and however much we want to treat it as just another fixture it really isn't.

I'm hoping this is just my nerves kicking in early making me feel this way.

dino bravo

Unfortunately yeah. If they get 3 points tomorrow, it's realistically over. The only thing we can do is take it to the very last game.

The ideal situation would be if we beat Sp**s but Aston Villa keep dropping points as well so that towards the end of the season, Sp**s are still in with a chance of top 4.

Because if they still can achieve top 4, then they'll have no choice but to play for a draw/win against City.

But if they're totally out of the top 4 race by the penultimate game, then they'll have literally no incentive to even get a draw against City.
Pep has won the last 6 games of the season at city just once. Everyone thinks they always finish perfect, they don't. I am quite sure they will drop points, but I think it is quite likely we do too.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
It's so hard to take the emotion out of what is inherently an emotional fixture. The fans will be absolutely pumped on both sides and however much we want to treat it as just another fixture it really isn't.

I'm hoping this is just my nerves kicking in early making me feel this way.
That's why last season's first half at that place was so special. We literally dragged our nuts on their faces for 45 minutes. If only we could replicate that again but their playing style is vastly different now so it's probably not going to happen.

Riou

Even if City win tomorrow, I will keep the faith until after our game v Sp**s and their away game v Forest...Forest will be up for that after the bullshit v Everton too, City will be leggy this week too.

And even when you think about it, Sp**s are so Spursy...that even if they go into the City game trying to lose 10-0, they will probably end up accidentally beating City knowing them...they always **** themselves over, so we have hope even in that game :lol:

blaze_of_glory

Jokes aside though, I will be properly gutted not to win the league this season.

Will take a little while to get over if we don't do it.
We've managed to be better overall than we were last year, which is pretty impressive. Its just that the standards are nearly impossible when you're up against Pep's City. We've lost one (1) league game in 2024 and things are still not in our hands, its insane.

Riou

We've managed to be better overall than we were last year, which is pretty impressive.

No matter what happens now though, I can't really blame the manager or players I have realised.

Sure some mistakes were made, but to have the back to back seasons we have had (kinda out of nowhere) is still pretty impressive...will hurt like hell if we end this 2 year period trophy-less, but will just hope we bring some silverware home soon.

Think that's the best way to look at it.

sdotzdot

Established Member
Whilst that felt good, none of this matters if city don’t drop points somewhere and we can’t keep up the pace.

Still some twists and turns left. Going to be an insane couple of weeks. This is one of the best PL seasons in ages.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
It's a 2 horse race now. Liverpool looked lost in the end of 2nd half and I see them losing few more points from now and not recovering.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

We've managed to be better overall than we were last year, which is pretty impressive. Its just that the standards are nearly impossible when you're up against Pep's City. We've lost one (1) league game in 2024 and things are still not in our hands, its insane.

I was going to say this. If City win their remaining 6 games they would have a record of 19-4-0 since they lost 1-0 against Villa in gameweek 15…

It’s almost impossible to compete with at this point. I won’t be mad if we don’t do it. I’ll be a little frustrated but this is why Klopp has never managed to win a title race against City, they’re relentless.

frankgm

Alexander-Arnold, doing Artetas team talk. Liverpool have gone all spursy. Bottlers FC. Choked FC

Alexander Arnold a few weeks ago:

Our league titles mean more to our fans than Manchester City and Arsenals league titles mean to their fans.

A few weeks later - Liverpool out of the title race while Alexander -Arnold dropping 2/10 performances.

Absolutely brilliant. Sometimes there’s a time and place to speak and that wasn’t the time, Alexander-Arnold.

You lost the league - at Goodison Park.

Arsenal Quotes

If you eat caviar everyday, it's difficult to return to sausages

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom