• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2023/24: Race for the Top

Where do we finish in 23/24?

• Total voters

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Sky Sports on twitter was saying "City are CREEPING up against Arsenal" in regard to the GD after they scored the fourth today. Which is a funny way of saying Arsenal extended the GD lead by one after both games were played.
Hahah. I think this round was okay, as Chelsea had okay form, and City struggled to win them in FA Cup just before.

So them winning injury-ridden Brighton and ending up with -1 GD, not much changed. Arsenal's game was a derby after all, even if at home.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
What about Arsenal only Chelsea have spent more than you in the last 5 seasons
Were third actually. After years of under investment, not on the foundation of 115 FFP charges. When you were"building a championship squad, you violated every rule in the book with ridicolous levels of spending. Easier to maintain the squad quality from that position, plus you still have the largest salary outlay which is a better indicator of squad talent/depth. Look at the money you spend last summer and were still trying to hijack a deal for Rice despite having Rodri in your squad.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

People can’t really use the whole money thing as an argument to win the title because we’re technically where we should be (2nd) in regards to spend.

If we were chilling in mid table like Chelsea and United you’d have a good argument.

We are challenging City so closely it isn’t even like we’re way behind in 2nd. I think next season we will win it.

VancouverCanuck

But why do you lie that Arsenal fans wanted Wenger out after finishing 2nd? Why do you continuously say Havertz cost more than he did? Why do you lie that Havertz hasn't done anything in important moments this season?

You're a very suspicious new poster. Like I said, I suggest you try to be more subtle. Otherwise you will be talking to yourself (and others like you) soon, as others will ignore you like I will.
He' obviously trolling.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Sigh, they're not dropping anymore points, aren't they?

I think they will, if we can navigate the next 2 with wins that puts them in this position -

Arsenal - 83 (2 to play)
City - 82 - (3 to play)

So going into the final week with Fulham and Sp**s away knowing they probably need to win both is huge. If they get through that with max points and we’ve done the most we can then you can only say fair enough.

No matter what happens it’ll go down to the final week, horrifically exciting.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Contrary to what most on here think, we didn't make it difficult for ourselves with the home loss against Villa.

We made it difficult for ourselves by dropping 5 points to pondscum like Fulham.

With those on the board, all other considerations are trivial.

Ljonin

Ya seems very unlikely they drop any more points, but you never know.

The way they seem to thrive under pressure like they’ve done it hundreds of times before is just so depressing. Brushing off Brighton like an annoying fly. That was there hardest game on paper.

Iwobeast

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Ya seems very unlikely they drop any more points, but you never know.

The way they seem to thrive under pressure like they’ve done it hundreds of times before is just so depressing. Brushing off Brighton like an annoying fly. That was there hardest game on paper.

I don’t know the way Brighton play it was always gonna be easy for them. Think Forest, Fulham and Sp**s are their hardest games

drippin

This was gold. And convenient for what I talked about yesterday. "If Henry doesn't play world class every game." sounds familiar, although I said that even world class players don't play 10/10 games every game, so a bit different wording.

@TheEliteMaster100_ would have said Henry isn't world class, because he didn't turn up in some UCL games, and sold him at the time. :lol:

Went missing in our most important games.
When 'world class' players don't turn up in the most important games, then there are not world class.

drippin

Contrary to what most on here think, we didn't make it difficult for ourselves with the home loss against Villa.

We made it difficult for ourselves by dropping 5 points to pondscum like Fulham.

With those on the board, all other considerations are trivial.
I really don't understand mulling over these results.

Football is football, bad performances happen even to City. It's a young squad so it still happens more often than for City, and is expected.

The past can't be changed, so it makes no sense to me to keep reminiscing over some ****ty games with woulda coulda shoulda.

drippin

That was there hardest game on paper.
Clearly not if you look at Brighton's injury list. They had Donnie Barco as a LB for example.

A ginger midget who has after this game played 100 minutes in total in all comps for Brighton. Good luck winning City with that and all the other missing players.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
I really don't understand mulling over these results.

If you don’t analyse your mistakes to find out where you went wrong you are doomed to repeat them.

Of course doing this necessitates admitting someone did something wrong which isn’t your strong suit soI understand you’re reluctance.

I agree though that there’s too much moping and too little constructive analysis here.

drippin

If you don’t analyse your mistakes to find out where you went wrong you are doomed to repeat them.

Of course doing this necessitates admitting someone did something wrong which isn’t your strong suit soI understand you’re reluctance.

I agree though that there’s too much moping and too little constructive analysis here.
Hahah.

Of course but where do you see any analysing in these posts? It's only mulling and spreading negativity, which happily doesn't affect me.

Arsenal Quotes

An Arsenal fan, when you finish fourth, will say, “Hey, we’ve been in the top four for twenty years. We want to win the league!”. They don’t care that Manchester City or Chelsea have spent 300 or 400 million euros. They just want to beat them.
But if you finish fifteenth two years running, they will be happy if you finish fourth after that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom