• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 23/24: Gameweek 34 (April 20-25)

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

The crazy thing is Klopp gets way more recognition from the media for being a challenger to City compared to Arteta who’s got a fraction of his experience and a far younger, less experienced squad.

Arteta is seen as one of the top managers in the world though, but you are right, the Klopp adulation is a liverpool thing.

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
The fact is when you are fighting a machine like City the battle is really against yourself and how much bottle you got. As sad as it is.

I believe Abrahomivic Chelsea team of the noughties would have competed well with this City team both physically and mentally.

King87

Kai's having the time of my life

If city don't drop points again I hope we drop some where just pack it in, imagine the pain if we both win all remaining games and then discover that villa home game was the killer, title race is painful as fvk when you lose out

blaze_of_glory

Imagine last season Arsenal team racking up historic 50 points after 19 games watching this City side dropping points back to back without Rodri? drawing to Palace 2-2 at the Etihad? they would have ran away with the title long before Saliba got injured.

Instead we were behaving like bozos the first half of the season, Jorginho costly error vs Sp**s, Raya lobbed by mudryk at Stamford Bridge, Saka back pass for Pereira goal at the Emirates, woeful at St James Park, failing to take our chances at Villa Park, etc...

As Wenger said, when the opportunity is there seize them!
I mean, we were in first place at xmas, we did very well apart from the period between xmas and New Years. Now we've dropped all of three five points in 2024 and City have dropped fewer than that and its out of our hands.

The team has been outstanding all season, just not perfect. The standard are unreasonable for all but one team and I don't think it will ever be like this again.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
If city don't drop points again I hope we drop some where just pack it in, imagine the pain if we both win all remaining games and then discover that villa home game was the killer, title race is painful as fvk when you lose out
Nah, we need to keep the pressure on until the final game. Even if we miss out by two points, it’s a psychological hurdle cleared that we can push them to the very end.

TheEliteMaster100_

I mean, we were in first place at xmas, we did very well apart from the period between xmas and New Years. Now we've dropped all of three points in 2024 and City have dropped fewer than that and its out of our hands.

The team has been outstanding all season, just not perfect. The standard are unreasonable for all but one team and I don't think it will ever be like this again.

What makes it worse is our early domestic cup exits (West Ham and Liverpool rotated team at the Emirates) and our poor UCL knockout showcase vs Porto and Bayern home and away.

We're ending the season as it stands with only a Charity shield. Whereas Wenger teams at-least had the cups to fall back to.

Arteta has yet to show he can handle the cups let alone both the cups and league.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I still think we can do it depending on Sunday but regardless we’ve shown title winning form in 2024, so hopefully there are more positive things on the horizon.

37 points out of 42 in 2024 is very impressive stuff tbf.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Isn't the verdict on City's charges coming up somewhere? This time next year we've been given 2 titles and media will talk about us doing 3 in a row.

TheEliteMaster100_

Saka last open play league goal was 24th Februray vs Newcastle at the Emirates, other than that he scored a penalty vs Brighton at the Amex early April

So since late Feb, he scored 1 open play goal in the league and 1 penalty away from home in the league.

It's tough to say he has been better than Foden this season, let alone during this run in when key players stand up, only Trossard has been doing that for us in an offensive aspect.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Saka last open play league goal was 24th Februray vs Newcastle at the Emirates, other than that he scored a penalty vs Brighton at the Amex early April

So since late Feb, he scored 1 open play goal in the league and 1 penalty away from home in the league.

It's tough to say he has been better than Foden this season, let alone during this run in when key players stand up, only Trossard has been doing that for us in an offensive aspect.
Saka isn’t in the same league as Foden.

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.
Top Bottom