• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 23/24: Gameweek 36 (May 3-6)

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,330
  • Views 24,769

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

He was enemies with his father

That’s something of an understatement.

Keane damaged his own knee ligaments in tackling the father, then was accused of fegning injury by him so intentionally clattered the guys kneecap in one of the next games they met and ended his career. Then he wrote about it in his autobiography and received a £150k fine and five match ban, on top of the three match ban for the actual challenge.

Tbh they’re both pricks but Keane is a complete psycho.

Synical

Miss Superstitious

Keane damaged his own knee ligaments in tackling the father, then was accused of fegning injury by him so intentionally clattered the guys kneecap in one of the next games they met and ended his career. Then he wrote about it in his autobiography and received a £150k fine and five match ban, on top of the three match ban for the actual challenge.

What?!!!!

So he wrote that he intentionally clattered his kneecap? And he wrote the autobiography while he was still playing?

HighburyHigh

Sp**s usually turn up against City but with the likelihood of top 4 slim to none, I think they won't try. Especially when it means helping City win the league over their bitter rivals.
I’d dare say if roles were reversed we’d be exactly the same.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I believe Keane's tackle was not what ended Alf Inge Haaland's career. If I recall correctly, and I think I do, it was the other knee that did him in.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Elliot's goal was ace but Peter Drury, in his own idiosyncratic way, had to ruin it with his bizarre commentary.

"Frame it & stick it on the mantle piece of his life"...what the f*ck is he on about? :lol:

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

What?!!!!

So he wrote that he intentionally clattered his kneecap? And he wrote the autobiography while he was still playing?

Yes - there was a whole saga about whether Keane’s ghost writer had taken liberties, though Keane presumably read the thing before he approved it. Different times I guess, when men were men and sheep were sheep…

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

I believe Keane's tackle was not what ended Alf Inge Haaland's career. If I recall correctly, and I think I do, it was the other knee that did him in.

Haaland and City were all tooled up to sue Keane on the basis of his admission and on the basis that the incident seriously exacerbated his existing injury - but I think it turned out Haaland himself had said, somewhere on his own website, that he’d been playing with issues and that this hadn’t been the tipping point - he’d been wearing a strapping on the other knee for a while as this picture of the incident shows - albeit I think he only ever played about 90 minutes thereafter…

IMG_1078.jpeg

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Needs to be a version with Micah, where as Keane monotonely reads out everything with no emotion and Richards just laughs randomly every now and then...top audio book that!

Spare a thought for people with headphones suffering that hyena's laugh for 7 straight hours.

The hope is Keane will have strangled him 3 hours in :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom