• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 23/24: Gameweek 37 (May 11-15)

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,785
  • Views 59,119

amigo

GD is only relevant if City slip up…

As long as this stays 3-0 they’ve got to win 6-0 in one of their remaining games for GD to even be relevant.
Assuming we win our last two games by a one goal margin only, another four nil win and a draw would secure City the title. We have got to the stage where goal difference is not academic any more. So we probably need a good win tomorrow to keep us safely in the hunt.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Take away the penalties, Olise and Saka have similar stats. Just that Saka has played twice as many games.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Thing is with him he’s not really a long term appointment, so it’ll be interesting to see if he can implement any style of football. Moyes has been there for 4-5 years but Lopetegui has literally only been at every club he’s managed for a maximum of 2 years or less. I think it’s key that your sporting director or whoever is signing players brings in players that suit the club in the long term than the manager just bring in players that will be hard to shift if things go left.

His whole stint at Madrid was a blur to me, all I remember is they got hammered by Barcelona and he was gone.

We already started signing players "for the club" instead of just for the manager. Moyes didn't want Kudus or Mavropanos. If it was Moyes call we'd be playing Maguire and McTominay.

Long term appointments are a bit of a myth at our level anyway. Same rules apply as it does with players, if you're performing well you're going to get lured away by a bigger club. The only reason no one has come in for Moyes is because of his lackluster brand of ball and his previous failure at the top level.

As long as the people above the manager stay consistent, I think we'll be fine. Those are the people you can somewhat reliably keep for longer periods as their work requires years to bear fruit.

Last edited:

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Take away the penalties, Olise and Saka have similar stats. Just that Saka has played twice as many games.

Olise 10 goals and 5 assists in 1200 mins.

Saka 20 goals and 14 assists in 3700 mins.

Saka doing it at the highest level and in the champions league. Olise yet to prove himself in that regard.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Sambi Lokonga is good enough to be part of the squad. It’s shame French is his first language

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

We already started signing players "for the club" instead of just for the manager. Moyes didn't want Kudus or Mavropanos. If it was Moyes call we'd be playing Maguire and McTominay.

Long term appointments are a bit of a myth at our level anyway. Same rules apply as it does with players, if you're performing well you're going to get lured away by a bigger club. The only reason no one has come in for Moyes is because of his lackluster brand of ball and his previous failure at the top level.

As long as the people above the manager stay somewhat consistent, I think we'll be fine. Those are the people you can somewhat reliably keep for longer periods as their work requires years to bear fruit.

Tbf to Moyes, he’s probably the only manager in this PL at the moment who has been here through different eras of football that’s why I’m not entirely surprised why his approach seems slightly outdated compared to the new and trendy styles of football hence why he wanted McTominay and Maguire 😂

Anyways, I’ll be keeping a close eye on Lopetegui ball as most of the teams he’s managed haven’t really caught my eye, so I’m a bit unfamiliar with how he sets his teams out.

Rattata

Sambi Lokonga is good enough to be part of the squad. It’s shame French is his first language
Naaaah, just take the money. Same with Balogun last season. If we sell him for 15m it's a 5m loss which is much better than what I expected after last season.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Ligue 1 Yawn GIF by AS Saint-Étienne

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Tbf to Moyes, he’s probably the only manager in this PL at the moment who has been here through different eras of football that’s why I’m not entirely surprised why his approach seems slightly outdated compared to the new and trendy styles of football hence why he wanted McTominay and Maguire 😂

Anyways, I’ll be keeping a close eye on Lopetegui ball as most of the teams he’s managed haven’t really caught my eye, so I’m a bit unfamiliar with how he sets his teams out.

Good article here if you're curious.

Basically uses a modern high press and tries to play quickly through the lines without going long. Obviously the players at his disposal will dictate how well he'll be able to get all his ideas through but that comes back to recruitment. If we manage to hold on to both Bowen and Kudus that at least sorts out the attack for the most part. We'll likely sell Paqueta and while he's top quality it'll at least give Lopetegui the funds to bring in players more capable on the ball than a lot of the current ones.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
If Ange sets up like this City are winning by 3+

The amount of space even Burnley are getting I dread to think what City would do

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

I’m talking PL only. Take away the penalties.

Yeah I don’t think Olise duplicates the form over an entire season and scores 30 goals so don’t think it’s a great argument.

I think Saka improves numbers every season, given he’s actually been below par this season I expect him to start regularly getting 20 goal PL seasons.

Olise is a great player as well.

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright

Daily Transfer Updates

Wednesday, May 22

Manchester United have joined Arsenal in the race to sign Ajax LB Jorrel Hato, but the player prefers a move to North London [HITC]

Benjamin Šeško will decide before the Euros whether he wants to leave Leipzig or sign a new contract [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have made an official offer of €20m + €5m add-ons to Fenerbache for LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Sabah Spor]

Arsenal are interested in Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow [Telegraaf]

Justin Bijlow could be available for around £10m [John Cross - The Mirror]

Newcastle are adamant Bruno Guimaraes will not be leaving the club unless his release clause is triggered [The Telegraph]

Arsenal admire Newcastle forward Alexander Isak, but the club insist they will not discuss a deal for less than double the £90m price being mentioned in the media [The Telegraph]

Sambi Lokonga says he has decided to leave Arsenal and his agent is now looking for a solution [Chris Wheatley]

Latest posts

Top Bottom