• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw Premier League: Arsenal 0 - 0 Newcastle | Tuesday 3rd, January | KO: 19:45 BST Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_Arsenal-Newcastle.jpg

This is arguably the most difficult fixture in the league atm so we have to be at our very best. But they're essentially beatable. We're not the same team they slapped 3-0 at the backend of last season. We've taken giant strides since then. Thankfully, this fixture is at home.

Newcastle are a good team but with all due respect, were levels above them.

Their tactics have always been to suck teams in, force them to make mistakes am and then break break forward with pace. But we're a very technically secure team. I back us not to lose possession in dangerous areas tbh.

Screenshot-20230101-082637.png

Screenshot-20230101-082656.png

Screenshot-20230101-082715.png

Screenshot-20230101-082735.png

2ae4475e-bc7d-40f7-9ec4-826abe9943f4.png

Prediction

Arsenal 2-0 Newcastle

Last edited by a moderator:

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Idk, Xhaka took up great positions towards the end and ended up doing quite well. The biggest issue looking inwards today was Ødegaard being completely off the boil but he’s flavour of the month so gets a pass.

I don’t think it’s right for us to pin this result on any of our players tbh. I know it’s AMs preferred coping mechanism and that. Can’t expect 9/10 from them all day everyday, doesn’t work like that. We didn’t win today because of our bench. And the refs but that’s by the by.
Not saying he played badly by any means. More that he takes up great positions but isn't fully comfortable in them when the ball is coming his way.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
Its almost as If Zinchenko was delivering the ball to him in that area which is really difficult to do and why I think Zinny was motm and not Xhaka.... Naaaaahhhhh Zinny was making simple passes that only a handful of players in the league seem able to do.

Eh. I’m not sure you understood my point.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

Yeah I said before the game this was the worst game to drop points cause of the pressure it builds on the other two. I had NLD pegged as a nailed on L. Even if we get a point there, United at home becomes a cup final.
This is the NLDs last chance before I label it ****. They lose at ours, we lose at theirs and a red card in one of the fixtures.
We’ll beat Utd at home. We can’t drop points in back to back home games

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

We thoroughly outplayed Newcastle today. It was timewasting and a total dereliction of duty on the part of VAR that got them a point. If the best defensive team in the league had to cheat and have the referees bail them out to get a point, I'm not worried about less capable teams trying to replicate that tactic. Even with all that, if Martinelli, Ødegaard or Xhaka weren't having off nights, we'd still have beaten them with all that against us. I saw nothing to discourage me about this team tonight. City have lost game this season and nobody has asked whether whatever the other team did was a blueprint to beat them. This narrative is entirely because people are hoping or expecting us to bottle the league.

I’m not sure how you’re assuming that I’m expecting us to bottle the league. Where have I mentioned that???? I think you’re clearly jumping to conclusions.

City lost against Brentford before the WC and I was one of those that said that’s the type of way or “blueprint” you need to play against City and get success at the Etihad instead of going toe to toe with them.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
Not saying he played badly by any means. More that he takes up great positions but isn't fully comfortable in them when the ball is coming his way.

I agree, he wasn’t at his best. I just don’t understand how anyone can have watched todays game and not come to the conclusion that the weakest link today was Ødegaard. Don’t get me wrong, I love Ødegaard but these games happen. I’m not criticising him. It’s calm. But I’m starting to understand why @Nacho is always saying he wishes people here were consistent in their criticism of our players.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Our attack (without Jesus) is very young, we just lacked a little experience in the crucial moments, sometimes you get that with younger players.

Newcastle did defend very well, but we still had enough chances to win.
So this is the thing about winning the league, we are going to need to pick up single points or more against the top sides away from home.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Eh. I’m not sure you understood my point.
Youre saying Ødegaard was too dumb to be in space, you missed my point that the only reason that Xhaka got the ball in space was because Zinchenko was such a good passer and he happens to play on the left. Ødegaard was in space several times but nobody able to find him other than when Partey was on the ball.

bastun

Player:Saka
Such a frustrating game to watch. I think people are really overhyping Howe a lot. His team is nothing special. Extremely physical side with a high intensity press and players not allowing any time on the ball for the oposition. By the way our best chances were in the first 30 mins while they were trying their press.We got out 3,4 times but the final pass ,decisions today were really poor. End of first half and all second half they parked the bus and hoped for some random clearence.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Newcastle will fumble top four by drawing way too many games. 8 draws from 18 isn’t exactly threatening to the sides below them.

Good shape defensively though, we weren’t able to create many clear chances.

ChefMan21

A frustrating game for us but credit to Newcastle I guess, they did what they needed to do to come away without a loss, which is probably par for them against the best team in the comp given they are not far behind in third.

My concern is that teams begin to setup and play like that against us, and there is some early success. I've thought before that we could do with a goalscoring midfielder - that hasn't changed - which might combat some of that, and a forward who is either quick, creative, or a tall timber. Think that would be a 2000lb JDAM directed against the parked bus, so to speak.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
I agree, he wasn’t at his best. I just don’t understand how anyone can have watched todays game and not come to the conclusion that the weakest link today was Ødegaard. Don’t get me wrong, I love Ødegaard but these games happen. I’m not criticising him. It’s calm. But I’m starting to understand why @Nacho is always saying he wishes people here were consistent in their criticism of our players.
Out of interest who said Ødegaard wasnt the weakest link?

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Last quip at Xhaka. Far too many passes were overhit or behind Martinelli today. He was collecting the ball from the touchline far too many times. Its unlike him and shows that he needs rest also.
He wasnt good today at all. I think our passing was relatively poor even considering the challenges of facing the Newcastle defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 31

Arsenal are interested in Benfica CB Antonio Silva, but will have to trigger his £85m release clause to sign the 20 year old [Correio de Manha]

Youngster Charles Sagoe Jr is set for a loan spell at League One side Charlton Athletic [Online Gooner]

Arsenal have moved on to targeting Benfica midfielder Joao Neves after Martin Zubamendi indicated a preference to remain in La Liga [Teamtalk]

Liverpool, Arsenal and Bayern Munich have all made an approach to PSV forward Johan Bakayoko [Hbvl]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom