• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Premier League: Arsenal 0-2 Aston Villa | Sunday 14th April | KO: 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLArsenalAstonVilla2122.jpg

Prediction

Arsenal 3-0 Aston Villa

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Congratulations to AV but are they going to start getting very cocky & arrogant now themselves, I'd love to see them get put back down to earth by any team before the rest of the season, especially at home even early next season. The way Emery & Watkins carried on was pretty bad.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
I always go back to the point that what's allowing us to perform so well is our team and artetas management.

Compared to city pound for pound they have superior players.

I can only think of two world class player in our team in Saliba and Ødegaard.

City have rodi, walker, KDB, Silva, Halaand and then players like Foden who are in world class form at the moment.

In these difficult moments you need to individual players to show up and grab the game by the scruff of the neck.

Unfortunately, particularly from an attacking point of view we don't have this at all.

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
2 Chainz Pockets GIF by MOST EXPENSIVEST

Not very Stevo. Villa having a Good season. 🟪🟦
Sorry a side note. My other team, Gloucester City AFC, had a player on loan this season, from Aston Villa. Teddy Rowe, attacking player, looks a Good prospect.
I don't know him to be honest but I've seen Tristan Rowe play a couple of times for our youth team and he's an exciting prospect so i wonder if they're related

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Congratulations to AV but are they going to start getting very cocky & arrogant now themselves, I'd love to see them get put back down to earth by any team before the rest of the season, especially at home even early next season. The way Emery & Watkins carried on was pretty bad.
Tbf you could make a case that they had overtaken us when we were struggling with an 8th place finish & they were buying buendia & making cheeky bids for our hot at the time ESR.
Then they struggled under Slippy G

They have done really well with Emery challenging for top 4.

But facts are we have challenged for the title now 2 years running & it's only the best team in Europe, The Mighty Manc corruption crew that could stop us last season.

dino bravo

Well don't blame the fans the guy been error prone every time he played I don't like booing our own players but sometimes you have to do it to make them wake up
I don't agree personally. We are here to support. Arteta should have hooked him for Tomi instead of White. I think Zinchenko is useful against weaker sides, not that Villa are particularly great or anything, but Diaby/Bailey are both decent wingers and play that side.

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
How were Watkins and Emery carrying on?

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
Screenshot_20240415-154135.png

Just looked up Tristan Rowe, defender, (full back I believe it said). Does he look a Good prospect Stevo? Maybe he could come to Gloucester on loan next season?

🟥⬜ Sorry for taking this Thread off topic, Arsenal Mania. 🟥⬜

Badger_Revenge

If we run this game back we would win it 8/10 times, the chances we missed first half were criminal. Game should have been done. So frustrating.
It was the 2nd half performance I found frustrating. It felt like we just decided to take our foot off the gas. It so unlike any performance in this calendar year that it was a bit shocking.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
I always go back to the point that what's allowing us to perform so well is our team and artetas management.

Compared to city pound for pound they have superior players.

I can only think of two world class player in our team in Saliba and Ødegaard.

City have rodi, walker, KDB, Silva, Halaand and then players like Foden who are in world class form at the moment.

In these difficult moments you need to individual players to show up and grab the game by the scruff of the neck.

Unfortunately, particularly from an attacking point of view we don't have this at all.
I agree I dont think its all to do with mentally bottling it this year. What we are being asked to do is so elite; basically play the second half of the season and drop a couple of points only. 115 have world class players who have a habit of hitting top form when they need to and place so much pressure on squads that are not as good. We have a very good squad but not the number of world class players that you need to make the difference this time of yr, particularly when trying to win continuosly in both the PL and CL.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
If we run this game back we would win it 8/10 times, the chances we missed first half were criminal. Game should have been done. So frustrating.

Emery did well to set Villa up to stifle us and how we dismantle teams, credit is due.

But otherwise you’re right, we should have taken those chances in the first half to really put the game to bed. Those missed opportunities gave Villa more confidence to add numbers to their short build up, push us back and capitalise on our lack of aggression in the second half.

It’s tough to take, but not the end. We have to learn from this quickly.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I agree I dont think its all to do with mentally bottling it this year. What we are being asked to do is so elite; basically play the second half of the season and drop a couple of points only. 115 have world class players who have a habit of hitting top form when they need to and place so much pressure on squads that are not as good. We have a very good squad but not the number of world class players that you need to make the difference this time of yr, particularly when trying to win continuosly in both the PL and CL.

I think we’ll move towards completeness over the summer. There are some midfield dynamics needed to open up that left side more, and some work upfront needed to give us that extra quality when faced with minimal chances.

This season though, I don’t think it’s clear with City. Yes they are unbeaten since the turn of the year, but they themselves do not look as complete as last season.

We need to be perfect from here on out, but so do City and Liverpool. Trips to teams like Fulham, Brighton, Sp**s for City and Fulham, Villa, West Ham for Liverpool, make it a tight finish to the season for all.

The most important thing for Arsenal is to bounce back. Next game against Bayern will tell us what these boys have learned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom