• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Premier League: Arsenal 0 - 2 West Ham | Thursday 28th December| KO: 20:15 GMT | Prime Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_Arsenal-West-Ham.jpg

Screenshot-20231223-223058.png

Screenshot-20231223-223116.png

Screenshot-20231223-223130.png

Screenshot-20231223-223159.png

Screenshot-20231223-223216.png

Screenshot-20231223-223234.png

Screenshot-20231223-223306.png

lineup-1.png

Prediction

Arsenal 3-0 West Ham

perth gooner

This is a tricky one to predict, mainly due to the inconsistency of West Ham, and often fixtures at this time of the year can conjure up some crazy results. They defeated Sp**s and Man Utd, and were thrashed 5-0 by a mediocre Fulham team in between those games. But playing at home, you would expect us to win.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Don't let them counter and we should be fine they got dangerous players upfront on form too but as long they got limited time with ball it should be no problem for us.

Havertz is suspended so it's between ESR Trossard and Jorginho to replace him.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Our forward need to get more into Westham defense they conceded 31 goals this season they need to be more clinical

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Think it was this match last year that completely convinced Rice to join us, if I remember correctly in his interview after the match we beat them Declan seemed quite in awe of how we played.

Would love a Rice goal here, ngl!

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Would like ESR to start, but will probably see Trossard.

Might not be as easy as some here predict. They are quite dangerous & in a good moment in the league, but we should have more than enough to get the 3 points..

Another last minute Rice winner would be spicy !

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Going to this one, nothing beats a visit to the Emirates in the festive period.

It’s a shame Havertz is suspended, I really wanted to see how he plays in person in this LCM position, understand his role a bit better.

I’m pretty sure we played this exact fixture in the same period last year, I went to that too, and we won the game. Let’s see it again.

3-1 Arsenal.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

@Dokaka might disagree, but I think you need to give Moyes some credit here. They're at 6th, with a trophy under their belt. Last year's league campaign was disappointing, but they got into Europe the season before.

We ought to win at home though.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
@Dokaka might disagree, but I think you need to give Moyes some credit here. They're at 6th, with a trophy under their belt. Last year's league campaign was disappointing, but they got into Europe the season before.

We ought to win at home though.

The problems people have with Moyes isn't the current results, but rather the god awful football we play. There's a hard ceiling on how far we can get with this brand of football, and fans are tired of seeing great players being brought in just to play caveman ball.

You're going to absolutely smash us btw. Rice is like built in a lab to counter the way we play, he'll snuff out everything we try while the rest apply unrelenting pressure on our box. Our FBs will have to get long-term treatment for PTSD after this one.

5-1.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

You're going to absolutely smash us btw. Rice is like built in a lab to counter the way we play, he'll snuff out everything we try while the rest apply unrelenting pressure on our box. Our FBs will have to get long-term treatment for PTSD after this one.

5-1.

Always have a chance with Jarrod "Better than Saka" Bowen and a motivated Kudus who Arsenal passed on during this summer. Paqueta has been in fine form as well and Soucek + JWP have been very slept on.

Arsenal's frontline on the otherhand, there is absolutely nothing out there that suggests they will score 5 :lol:

Moyes has been cryptonite to teams who like to have the ball for no reason as well and Arsenal very much fall into this bracket. Nervy 2-1 win for Arsenal if we manage to get a penalty or set piece I think. Maybe even another draw.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Always have a chance with Jarrod "Better than Saka" Bowen and a motivated Kudus who Arsenal passed on during this summer. Paqueta has been in fine form as well and Soucek + JWP have been very slept on.

Arsenal's frontline on the otherhand, there is absolutely nothing out there that suggests they will score 5 :lol:

Moyes has been cryptonite to teams who like to have the ball for no reason as well and Arsenal very much fall into this bracket. Nervy 2-1 win for Arsenal if we manage to get a penalty or set piece I think. Maybe even another draw.

We've been kryptonite to teams that have terrible transitional defense, something you're genuinely the best in the world at. We've been smashed by City, Liverpool twice and Villa. Even Sp**s, who on paper should be the peak Moyes-ball targets, were unlucky to lose to us despite their injuries, and they're not even half your level in terms of defense.

I can already give you the two scenarios where we might score:

1. Mistake by someone in midfield, Paqueta gets the ball, Bowen or Kudus attack the space behind, likely on your left side between Gabriel and Zinny.
  2. A set piece.
This is all we do, especially against good teams. Problem is, you've been incredible in terms of stopping these scenarios from happening throughout the season. Not perfect, which is why I didn't predict us to not score, but best in Europe levels of good.

The reason why I'm predicting you to score 5 is because we're weak in the FB positions, and your go-to strategy of breaking down a deep block right now is to isolate those areas as much as possible. Martinelli vs. Emerson is a nightmare scenario for us, as an example. Emerson will need heavy backup, which either limits our counter through Bowen dropping deeper, or opens up space for Ødegaard and whoever plays 8 this game in the middle.

Is there a chance we win? Yeah, if you have a severe off-day and make a lot of mistakes which opens up the transitional opportunities for us. More likely scenario is us trying to create on the break, Kudus running into the brick wall of Rice, Saliba and Gabriel, gives the ball way, and you counter us instead.

Obviously anything is possible in football but this is the pattern I've seen all season when we've come up against genuine quality. Sure we can feast all day on the likes of Man Utd who are just ****, but once we go up against teams that stop our transitions while still applying huge pressure on our block, we completely fall apart.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

We've been kryptonite to teams that have terrible transitional defense, something you're genuinely the best in the world at. We've been smashed by City, Liverpool twice and Villa. Even Sp**s, who on paper should be the peak Moyes-ball targets, were unlucky to lose to us despite their injuries, and they're not even half your level in terms of defense.

I can already give you the two scenarios where we might score:

1. Mistake by someone in midfield, Paqueta gets the ball, Bowen or Kudus attack the space behind, likely on your left side between Gabriel and Zinny.
  2. A set piece.
This is all we do, especially against good teams. Problem is, you've been incredible in terms of stopping these scenarios from happening throughout the season. Not perfect, which is why I didn't predict us to not score, but best in Europe levels of good.

The reason why I'm predicting you to score 5 is because we're weak in the FB positions, and your go-to strategy of breaking down a deep block right now is to isolate those areas as much as possible. Martinelli vs. Emerson is a nightmare scenario for us, as an example. Emerson will need heavy backup, which either limits our counter through Bowen dropping deeper, or opens up space for Ødegaard and whoever plays 8 this game in the middle.

Is there a chance we win? Yeah, if you have a severe off-day and make a lot of mistakes which opens up the transitional opportunities for us. More likely scenario is us trying to create on the break, Kudus running into the brick wall of Rice, Saliba and Gabriel, gives the ball way, and you counter us instead.

Obviously anything is possible in football but this is the pattern I've seen all season when we've come up against genuine quality. Sure we can feast all day on the likes of Man Utd who are just ****, but once we go up against teams that stop our transitions while still applying huge pressure on our block, we completely fall apart.

I think West Ham's potent frontline means they can beat anybody in the league on their day, they are wildly inconsistent but it's not always down to luck like you are saying as well :lol:

We shall see, I do expect Arsenal to win due to the better squad but I'd be surprised if it was by a large margin. Arsenal have been getting lucky and masking certain things themselves and reading that, you are 100% more of a gooner than me.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Arsenal have been getting lucky and masking certain things themselves and reading that, you are 100% more of a gooner than me.

It's actually the opposite, you're topping the league (or close to) in individual errors leading to goals, which is in some ways the definition of bad luck, while still sitting top on the XG table.

We're 12th on the XG table, which shows just how unsustainable this type of ball is. We can't rely on Paqueta playing like prime Zidane on the break every game, and we're low key bad defensively despite testing the limits of how many players can actually fit into a penalty area.

I'm pessimistic about this game because I follow both teams so closely and every time we've come up against a team of your quality, we've let in a minimum of 3 goals and you're better defensively than all of those teams by quite a margin while also being strong in the specific areas where we're quite poor defensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation

Latest posts

Top Bottom