• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League: Arsenal 2 - 1 Everton | KO: 16:00 BST | TNT Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Here it is, fellow Gooners, our last hurrah.

Much like you all, I'm hopeful for next season when, God willing, we'll have reinforced in key positions to allow us to take the game to City from Matchday 1.

We've bled, sweat & toiled to get where we are by MERIT & MERIT ALONE!!

The lads will definitely be infuriated by the gamesmanship yesterday & will be looking to punish Everton whilst hoping a miracle happens some 260 kilometers.

Nothimg is impossible. As long as we do our part.

Corruption will not deny us our destiny.

Incompetent officiating will not deny us our destiny.

City will not deny us our destiny. We will prevail!!

Arsenal 4 - Everton 0 and, God willing, City 0 - West Ham 1.

Matt Damon Destiny GIF

Arsel

Wonderful tribute to Uncle Ian on MOTD right now.

Only Thierry Henry and Dennis Bergkamp are better forwards in our history, that's how crazy good he was at his best.

Wish we could have won the Prem for us this season, but Mikel will give you a nice retirement present next year 💪
*cough, Ted Drake, but yeah!

Arsel

And the STRUGGLE we had to go though giving up Highbury and building the Emirates, to try and do things the right way.

Life is such bullsh1t 🙁
Life is NOT Bullshit, Manchester City are bullshit.

We are The Arsenal, and we have done things The Arsenal way.

Be proud of that fact, and be proud that you chose THE Arsenal!

There are few things better in life than that.

I had problems with Kroenke buying our shares, and a few other minor things that happened with T. Neill, Bertie Mee, and then George Graham, but they were monor blips compared to being a Man City whore.

Man City? Pah! Absolute dogshit. No-one values their achievements, even if they have made the biggest dogshit in the World.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

I'd hope not, he's not that old and certainly isn't out of touch. Everyone seems to like him as well from what I can tell.

Just can't imagine why we would really leave, he loves MOTD.

Just wouldn't be surprised if it comes out that he was kinda pushed out to make room for someone.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Probably being told to step aside for someone new/younger, sadly.
He says he wants more time with his family & stuff.

Remember his does pundit work for other TV stations as well as doing MOTD..

Sounds fair enough to me. If Arsenal ever get into a position where we will win the league, he will mist likely be brought in for a guest appearance lol

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
forgot to mention how positive Timber performance was when he came on he really gonna be really interesting option next season i think he gonna start the season as LB.
Yup. He was a big miss this season. I know his sample size was small before he got injured, but much better defensively than Zinny.

Hopefully he can slot in at LB seamlessly to make our defence even better.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Probably being told to step aside for someone new/younger, sadly.
Nah- very much his own choice. Gotta remember he's 60 now, got grandkids, probably doesn't want to up on the train to Manchester or wherever the studio is these days, and he's doing charity work, promoting women's football. Also probably wants the freedom to speak his mind more too.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
I really don’t understand why we’re moaning and discrediting Man City. We were simply not good enough to win the league. 89 points aren’t enough to win 4 out of the top 5 European leagues. Ligue 1 being the only one and I would even feel filthy winning that.

Bruh no one cares if you need 130 points to win a farmers league in Belgium or whatever, 89 points won this league LAST YEAR with a GD of 61 when we had 89 points and a GD of 62 this year.

Fine margins in this league, it is what it is.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

forgot to mention how positive Timber performance was when he came on he really gonna be really interesting option next season i think he gonna start the season as LB.

Can adequately cover RB as well so between him, Tomiyasu, White and Zinchenko we look to have some excellent fullback options now to go with our fantastic CBs and GK. Phenomenal squad building really.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Can adequately cover RB as well so between him, Tomiyasu, White and Zinchenko we look to have some excellent fullback options now to go with our fantastic CBs and GK. Phenomenal squad building really.
Would prefer we upgrade on Zinchenko if we find right player.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Would prefer we upgrade on Zinchenko if we find right player.

I'm not so sure, creative/controller inverted FBs at his level are a rare profile and he's very useful in certain scenarios. Probably shouldn't be first choice but certainly a good squad option who should play 20-30 games a season.

Also will always have respect for him and Jesus as when they came here they were undoubted level raisers, both performance-wise and mentality-wise.

Badger_Revenge

Still a little hard to come to terms with how well we have played these past 2 years, yet not won something in that time.

So ****ing annoying 😭
We just haven't been in the cups. Man city in the league is always a super tough ask, and you can argue that one reason we have competed so well with them in the league is that we didn't get that far in the cups.

I put that 2nd half Villa performance down to being sandwiched between the Bayern matches. A big challenge for Arteta in coming seasons will be figuring out how to compete effectively on multiple fronts so we aren't empty handed despite the massive performance.

One advantage City has is that their bench players are not as inclined to push for moves away because their salaries are so high. Pep has less to manage on that front.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Standards and values are two different things. You can spend your way to higher standards but true, good values are in your DNA. We almost lost all of the latter but as Rocky said, "never forget who we are..."

Yup, & it was obvious the rot was setting in towards the end of Wengers tenure & got worse during Emery's reign. Teta had to turn it around to re-establish those club values & that began with players & having a firm hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I've never been a goalscorer. I've only owned goals. Good own goals.

Steve Bould

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 3

Marco Silva is pushing the Fulham board to spend as Arsenal prepare to listen to offers for Emile Smith Rowe, among other fringe players [Evening Standard]

New Fenerbache manager Jose Mourinho is determined to stop Arsenal from signing LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [TBR Football]

Latest posts

Top Bottom