• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Arsenal 3 - 2 Liverpool | Sunday 9th, October | KO: 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_Arsenal-blog.png

This is a big one. Liverpool are very vulnerable but they still have the tools to hurt us. The fact that most pundits are predicting us to win gets me scared.

Injury updates

Andrew Robertson

Andrew Robertson has missed Liverpool's last three matches in all competitions since he picked up a knee injury during the 4-1 defeat against Napoli in the Champions League.

Klopp has confirmed that the Scottish left-back has returned to the training pitch and he could be in contention to feature this weekend.

Naby Keita

Naby Keita is yet to feature for Liverpool this season due to a thigh injury, but Klopp has said that the midfielder may return at some stage this month.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is also yet to play for the Reds this term, but he is expected to return to the squad at some point this month, although Sunday's game may come too soon for the former Arsenal man.

Screenshot-20221007-092611.png

Screenshot-20221007-092635.png

Screenshot-20221007-092650.png

Screenshot-20221007-092732.png

Predicted Lineup

Screenshot-20221007-093621.png

Prediction

Arsenal 1-1 Liverpool

Last edited by a moderator:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

This was superb game management and a real show of maturity this team lacked not so long ago, there's no panicking despite the circumstances, opposition and given there was only 1 goal in it. Also shows the important of having players confident in possession throughout the pitch, tho even someone like Tierney played his role.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Why would Arsenal report it, if it was something about the yellow box though?

I assume no one at the club would want to get involved with that stuff, until after it's sorted in court... surely the club wouldn't want to draw even more attention to it.
Also, we don’t know that Klopp and Michael Oliver know what [redacted] was accused of. Even Henderson may not be aware of the details.

BIoodBrother

I envy you people who can just be excited for these big games. Will part of me look forward to proving ourselves against the big teams I'm mostly an anxious wreck filled with dread. That's not a commentary on how well we are currently performing or what result I think it will be. We could be 10 times as good as City and I would still feel the same way.
No need to be nervous, this is a free hit.
Even if it was it wouldn't really change anything.

I believe that a free hit game actually implies the notion that a loss is nothing to dread about and surely that will have implications on nervousness and emotions. Say the 6th EL game in the group stages. Maybe you'll still want to win more than others because you fear a loss might hurt confidence or because it would imply that the players wont be good enough in future games as well.

Factors for what I believe is responsible to being nervous or relaxed before a specific game.

1 The personal emotional bond to the team (as well in relation to other affiliations in life leading to 2)
2 The personal situation
3 Experience with the club over the years
4 Recent history of the club
5 Rivalries of the club
6 Emotional involvement of the players and other fans towards the club
7 Situation in the table
8 Friends/Adversaries

Since a huge upturn in fortunes for The Arsenal, a loud atmosphere in the stadium and likeable players that huddle and celebrate (like theyve won the league) its easier to connect than 2 years ago. in light of our own growing age and experience emotions usually drop overall, leading to lesser involvement. We've been there, we know that situations dont last for ever, emotions cant last and so the rollercoaster is the only thing you actually signed up for becoming a fan of a club. Knowing a rollercoaster it becomes predictable. Also some of us might have experienced too much anger and sadness and therefor reduce the involvement by actively reducing it. You got a good life and are 30+? Why put an evening in danger of being negative lead by factors that are out of your hands. But maybe your life isnt great in your minds opinion and you want the club that has a good chance to win to take over your emotions or your life is quite okay but you need that extra thrill that was always there when we were younger.
Obviously the NLD and Liverpool game represented strong opportunities to live the fanship and excitement. Realistic hopes to beat the best of the league. We needed to win to stay top shortterm, to get CL back mid term and have progress longterm.

I myself am strongly involved because of many of these factors despite being a fan for 20years.
I still smash my hand on a table and suffer when we concede and I got huge joy out of the final whistle on Sunday. I watched with a friend and we probably felt reunited and put into the past as well by watching and involving. I feel a bit guilty now as I try to milk the feeling by now watching analysis, tweets and highlights. That actually always backfires because the body cant just reproduce dopamine by clicking a button endlessly. Trying to find a balance is difficult for me as I always looked for extremes. I wouldnt trade my anger and joy for less of both in the end looking back. So I congratulate you to your nervousness. I guess we all have friends or a place like this to share the burden ;)

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
I’m sure it’s all a misunderstanding. I know a bloke who is cousin with a bloke who’s work colleagues mam neighbours son watches Liverpool a lot and he tells me he is a good bloke

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

BTW, I don't really believe anyone can be accidentally racist. I don't want to start a big discussion but this idea that maybe somebody does something "out of character" is BS. Even if it's in the heat of the moment, if your instinct is to racially abuse someone then it's showing your true character. If he's said something about Gabriel's skin colour, ethnicity or nationality then I've no doubt these will be his beliefs deep down which have come to surface.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

So we've just beaten both Sp**s & Liverpool, the worst thing we can do now & make people laugh at us is drawing or being beaten by teams like Leeds, Southampton & Forest etc. If we want to be up the top come the end of the season we've got to be consistent with all this.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Wilshere should have demanded the use of a lip reading expert, to get him out of his fine after slagging off Sp**s at the victory parade in 2015.

Who REALLY knows what Jack said that day, imo...think he was badly set up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

One of the things I discovered in Japan was from watching sumo wrestling. At the end you can never tell who has won the fight, and who has lost, because they do not show their emotion because it could embarrass the loser. It is unbelievable. That is why I try to teach my team politeness. It is only here in England that everybody pokes their tongue out when they win.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom