• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Arsenal FC 3-0 AFC Bournemouth | Saturday, May 4th | KO: 12:30 BST | TNT Sports 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting lineups:

1714345347558.png

The man's not top dog in Jersey for nothing. He knows there's only so much Angeball can do in the face of a superior outfit :lol:

Seeing as I've contributed massively to our season by shepherding the matchday thread against the denizens of the lost & the damned, I figured I should lend some of my gloss to AM once again as I will our beloved Gunners on to victory. Don't know why I'm even bothering as Google seem to think it's a foregone conclusion.

1714344411017.png

We must be vigilant against this lot, they pushed us all the way last season & they play good football, so we should not slacken in the slightest. But, after the magnificent showing today, I think it's fair to say with a good bit of rest, we should have all the tools to dismantle them if we remain calm.

I certainly am looking forward to this guy losing his rag like he did in the 97th minute last season :lol:

In any case, we're on the cusp of greatness & we have a chance to heap further pressure on 115 Charges FC who, hopefully, won't have it all their way.

God willing, we'll take them all the way to the final Sunday. It is our burden, it is our destiny!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Exactly no blame on arteta. Players missed absolute straightforward chances particularly jesus.
Yeah you canā€™t expect a manager to watch his team for 35 mins struggle and make changes in how they play. We struggled all of second half against Villa and he couldnā€™t do anything about it. This is Arteta biggest weakness. In game changes. I saw a stat that said when we conceded first we only won once.

Yeah you canā€™t expect a manager to watch his team for 35 mins struggle and make changes in how they play. We struggled all of second half against Villa and he couldnā€™t do anything about it. This is Arteta biggest weakness. In game changes. I saw a stat that said when we conceded first we only won once.
What about the players not implementing the plan!?

The fact we've only come back from going behind once, is because we very very rarely go behind.....!!?? because guess what, Arteta has coached the team to be incredibly hard to score against!?

Another stat to contradict the effectiveness of subs this year is the amount of goals we've scored from substitutes is only bettered by Villa and Liverpool

Arteta cannot be blamed for every single negative thing that happens on the pitch, the players need to be accountable, and it's not necessarily the subs, in most cases the goals conceded can be put down to the team structure not being implemented well when the changes happen, the players will 100% know their jobs, but don't react quickly enough to the changes

I'm not saying Arteta cannot be blameless, but the way a lot of fans on here hunt Arteta down for every single little thing is absurd

Man City make mistakes, and haven't been punished for them (Forest away as one example), the fact is we have, that's football!!

OnlyOne

šŸŽ™ļø Future Journalist
Trusted ā­

That Sucks The Office GIF

@GDeepā„¢ once dmā€™d saying ā€˜more like David Cute šŸ˜‰ā€™

PrinzPoldi

Player:Havertz
What about the players not implementing the plan!?

The fact we've only come back from going behind once, is because we very very rarely go behind.....!!?? because guess what, Arteta has coached the team to be incredibly hard to score against!?

Another stat to contradict the effectiveness of subs this year is the amount of goals we've scored from substitutes is only bettered by Villa and Liverpool

Arteta cannot be blamed for every single negative thing that happens on the pitch, the players need to be accountable, and it's not necessarily the subs, in most cases the goals conceded can be put down to the team structure not being implemented well when the changes happen, the players will 100% know their jobs, but don't react quickly enough to the changes

I'm not saying Arteta cannot be blameless, but the way a lot of fans on here hunt Arteta down for every single little thing is absurd

Man City make mistakes, and haven't been punished for them (Forest away as one example), the fact is we have, that's football!!
Some sounds like Arteta has to make everything perfect.

Subs has to contribute a goal or an assist or they are wrong substitutions.

Arteta has to put the subs on in the perfect timing, or he has never learned.

Player fxxk up the scoring chance, so it has to be Arteta using the wrong lineup or tactics.

Opponents have a good plan/setup, so it means Arteta is not an elite manager.

Luckily, Silent Stan and Josh do not see Arteta this way.

BodyOderggard

Player:Ƙdegaard
It feels like we may need 3 goals on Saturday. Cherries are playing much better than they were early in the season.

So important for 2 of Saka, Martinelli and Jesus to hit top form this month. Ƙdegaard and Kai canā€™t carry this team to the title by themselves and I fear the defence is tiring.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ā­

It feels like we may need 3 goals on Saturday. Cherries are playing much better than they were early in the season.

So important for 2 of Saka, Martinelli and Jesus to hit top form this month. Ƙdegaard and Kai canā€™t carry this team to the title by themselves and I fear the defence is tiring.

Where's the evidence of this ?

BodyOderggard

Player:Ƙdegaard
Where's the evidence of this ?

Saliba has looked uncharacteristically sloppy, Kiwior has been more ****e than usual, and Gabby looks worn out. His pearly whites have been on display far more than usual, and itā€™s not just due to unbridled joy.

White has been great but defence isnā€™t really he and Tomiā€™s strength.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ā­

Saliba has looked uncharacteristically sloppy, Kiwior has been more ****e than usual, and Gabby looks worn out. His pearly whites have been on display far more than usual, and itā€™s not just due to unbridled joy.

White has been great but defence isnā€™t really he and Tomiā€™s strength.

I just don't see it - over the last three games we've kept two clean sheets and if it wasn't for Raya's howler, would have been on track to keep a third clean sheet in a row. Indeed, big Gabby was given MoTM (it should have been Kai) in the NLD.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Massive game against Huddersfield for Ipswich as they look to secure a return to the top flight on at the same time, so will be missing this one.

Good luck though lads šŸ‘

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I just don't see it - over the last three games we've kept two clean sheets and if it wasn't for Raya's howler, would have been on track to keep a third clean sheet in a row. Indeed, big Gabby was given MoTM (it should have been Kai) in the NLD.
We kept clean sheet vs Chelsea based on pure luck rather than great defending. I think this game will be high scoring. 3-2 either way

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Think we could do with just pumping up the goal difference here, tbh...not a lot is needed, but a 3-0 win would be very nice...need to keep all the pressure on City we can.

Feel a Kai hatty is coming sooner rather than later!

andeoch1

Think we could do with just pumping up the goal difference here, tbh...not a lot is needed, but a 3-0 win would be very nice...need to keep all the pressure on City we can.

A ā€˜ Kai HATTYā€™ wonā€™t come in our life time , wake up lass- still love him as a CF ā¤ļø

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy šŸ†
Trusted ā­
Don't underrate Bournemouth they good team our players should know what to do they simply have to win to keep title hope alive.

Same line up against Sp**s maybe Martinelli for Trossard

Beany

ITK
Trusted ā­

Lewis Jones at Sky thinks Bournemouth win this 2-1 in his predictions.

Guyā€™s a complete clown - but then his column may as well have been written by Tonali or Toney.

3-1 Arsenal.

Some sounds like Arteta has to make everything perfect.

Subs has to contribute a goal or an assist or they are wrong substitutions.

Arteta has to put the subs on in the perfect timing, or he has never learned.

Player fxxk up the scoring chance, so it has to be Arteta using the wrong lineup or tactics.

Opponents have a good plan/setup, so it means Arteta is not an elite manager.

Luckily, Silent Stan and Josh do not see Arteta this way.
Are you 12?

This is real life, and football is NEVER this straightforward, pep makes countless substitutions that never have an impact, and those subs are worth twice our bench options!

I think there are people on this forum, who need to choose a different sport, a different team or maybe need to go and see someone, if you genuinely believe what you're writing, then football isn't for you

Name me a so called "elite" manager, and I'll find you at least ten examples of when they have made decisions with the best intentions which have backfired, pep has countless of them, one of his biggest being when he was in a champions league final and didn't play a defensive midfielder vs chelsea, and lost, he did multiple things like this over his years at bayern and city, where he didn't win the champions league before last season, and this is supposed to be the best manager of all time, with countless resources afforded to him

Arteta is doing an incredible job with this team, and is an Elite manager, FACT

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ā­

Lewis Jones at Sky thinks Bournemouth win this 2-1 in his predictions.

Guyā€™s a complete clown - but then his column may as well have been written by Tonali or Toney.

3-1 Arsenal.

He provides zero justification as well; indeed he says this:

I've spent most of the season watching the Cherries let me down when playing a top-five side. In nine fixtures, they have taken just one point, losing eight games to an aggregate score of 28-6. Ouch.

He's clearly just hoping/wishing it to happen rather than provide any insight into why it might happen, how can you take this seriously? :lol:

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Iā€™m worried about this one.

Bournemouth are no mugs, and Iraola is a top coach. I see holes in our pressing structure that they can exploit, and that needs attention over the summer (tactics and possibly personnel). But I think our structure is good enough to disrupt and severely pressurise their back line more than them being able to break through.

We need the usual here, pressure cook them in the first half and look to put the game away. We can then sit off them and manage the game to its completion. Hopefully with a clean sheet.

Itā€™s a pity we arenā€™t in the CL anymore, because the way we are playing leans a lot towards efficiency in our play and with our energy levels. I like this structure and Iā€™m excited to see how we develop it further.

Anyway, for nowā€¦ Arsenal 2-0 Bournemouth

sdotzdot

Established Member
Are you 12?

This is real life, and football is NEVER this straightforward, pep makes countless substitutions that never have an impact, and those subs are worth twice our bench options!

I think there are people on this forum, who need to choose a different sport, a different team or maybe need to go and see someone, if you genuinely believe what you're writing, then football isn't for you

Name me a so called "elite" manager, and I'll find you at least ten examples of when they have made decisions with the best intentions which have backfired, pep has countless of them, one of his biggest being when he was in a champions league final and didn't play a defensive midfielder vs chelsea, and lost, he did multiple things like this over his years at bayern and city, where he didn't win the champions league before last season, and this is supposed to be the best manager of all time, with countless resources afforded to him

Arteta is doing an incredible job with this team, and is an Elite manager, FACT
You do realise you and the poster you replied to are saying the exact same thing, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

ArsĆØne Wenger

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom