• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Arsenal 5 - 0 Chelsea | Tuesday, April 23th | KO: 20:00 BST | TNT Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Always fascinated to know how teams prepare for a game with less than 72 hours to work with. Sunday was surely light training focused on just pure recovery. How much tactical stuff can you get through within 24 hours?

HattoriHanzo

Potential banana skin for us. More often than not they're woeful but every now and then they play like a top team. It's not an exaggeration to say they could have had 3 wins in the 3 games they played City this season.

But then again we could get the Chelsea who couldn't even hold on to the lead against 10 men Burnley at home among other stinking performances they have had.

So it depends which Arsenal turns up. The one that showed up against Villa, the Bayern tie or even parts of the Wolves game or the one after the winter break who mercilessly killed teams off as soon as we saw a weakness to exploit. If is the former we could be saying bye to the title after this game, if it is latter and we will give Chelsea a spanking or at least a comfortable 2-0 win.

COYG
They play play better "bigger" matches, hence it will be very difficult match.
Our performance at Stamford Bridge was the worst this season (together with Fulham away).
I hope that the fact that they lost FA semi against City will dent their confidence a bit.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

I think Chelsea is a much tougher game than Sp**s.

Think Sp**s are on the decline in the later stage of the season and we should be a good match to counteract the way Ange will get them to play. Chelsea worry me, i think they are in good form and can be class on any particular day, which tends to happen more often when opposing the top teams.
The reality is they’re both tough games - on paper we should win both but we’re tired, its tense and in reality, Chelsea are capable (as we saw on Saturday) of playing dangerous stuff and have nothing to lose now, plus the NLD is the NLD. If we win these two, which lets be frank is what is required at this stage of an incredibly tonight season, even with the game in hand 115 will have in hand come the end of the weekend (and who knows maybe they/Liverpool drop points in between), we’ll have every reason to believe.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Come on.... We are way better in away games this season. Just remember us home against West Ham, Villa

View attachment 23709
How can we be way better in away games when we have picked up 2 more points at home even though we have played 1 game less than away?

Anyway even if that was the case in the big games we are way better at home than away. Look even at this season, at home against the current top 4 we have 2 wins 1 loss. Away we have 2 draws and 1 loss.

sdotzdot

Established Member
This is one of our easier games left. These guys are amateurs. Will be a chaotic game, which always suits us as loads of space will open up for the likes of Ødegaard, Saka and Martinelli.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Always fascinated to know how teams prepare for a game with less than 72 hours to work with. Sunday was surely light training focused on just pure recovery. How much tactical stuff can you get through within 24 hours?

Our game model is already in place, we probably keep training light and focus more on the tactical tweaks for the opponent.

I reckon the main concern for us right now is how we look to press and close gaps in our block at the same time. Porto, Bayern, Villa and Wolves are building up in a specific pattern to stretch our shape and Chelsea will try this too.

If we can close the gaps then we'll be able to pressure them and force goals early on. Thereafter we can sit back more and force them to hold the ball and make mistakes.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Will be interesting how Chelsea gonna approach this they have pace upfront very likely won't try to outplay us thier season is over so unsure what mindset they gonna turn up.

About us well it's all about taking chances they conceded 52 league goals so take advantage

Grandolph

We will play the same team as always, while pochettino will probably rotate with decents players on the bench. We need to finish the tie in the first half, or it could easily end up like the Villa game.

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose

Gusto nullified Martinelli at Stamford Bridge but had a mental lapse in Trossard's equaliser (big game player) from a Saka cross (glimpses that he can be that moments player) despite playing poorly for 70 minutes vs Cucurella. One of the reasons why Arteta doesn't sub him off.

Reactions: A_G

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White

Gusto (very good defender) completely locked up Martinelli at Stamford Bridge but had a mental lapse in Trossard's equaliser (big game player) from a Saka cross (glimpses that he can be that moments player) despite playing poorly for 70 minutes vs Cucurella. One of the reasons why Arteta doesn't sub him off.

I shudder to think of what offering our manager sacrificed up to the Arteta Luck Gods if Palmer can’t make our game.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka

Tactical stuff on the opposition is usually only the day before the game in one session, it doesn’t matter if you have only one or you have 5 days to train. These days it’s done in a video conference room.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Lol such Arteta luck if Palmer missed this game he increase the chance Chelsea getting something from any game by big margin without him they hopeless going forward

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

If they don’t have Palmer (even if it’s a 50% palmer) then that’s gigantic for us. So lucky.

Tom Mix

Three points. That's all that matters from this game.

If we'd had the weekend off I would have no doubts at all about it. But you saw that team's "celebration" when we scored the second goal. Muted. Not because they weren't delighted but because there were players there too tired even to celebrate.

Chelsea have improved but we are still far superior. Palmer's the only player I'd consider for us, we are better man for man everywhere else.

Again I hope in vain we can resolve this quickly and get the ESR, Vieira and maybe Nelson on the pitch. We need to be as fit as possible for the game against Sp uds but that won't matter if we drop points here.

Chelsea don't have the weapons to hurt us so I'm going for a hopeful 3-1. Just hope we don't go behind.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Gusto nullified Martinelli at Stamford Bridge but had a mental lapse in Trossard's equaliser (big game player) from a Saka cross (glimpses that he can be that moments player) despite playing poorly for 70 minutes vs Cucurella. One of the reasons why Arteta doesn't sub him off.

Cucu was allowed to hack Saka with impunity that day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom