• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Burnley 0 - 5 Arsenal | Saturday 17th February | KO: 15:00 GMT

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_Burnley-Arsenal.jpg

Screenshot-20240212-220454.png

Screenshot-20240212-220509.png

Screenshot-20240212-220521.png

Screenshot-20240212-220544.png

Screenshot-20240212-220602.png

Screenshot-20240212-220620.png

Screenshot-20240212-220640.png

lineup.png

Screenshot-20240212-224843.png

Prediction
Burnley 0-3 Arsenal

Synical

Miss Superstitious

24 matches played and the only matches they have won are Fulham, Sheffield and Luton.

This has banana skin written all over it, hasn't it? :lol:

dino bravo

Established Member

Whenever I have seen Burnley they always play out very riskily from the back, our press will punish them.

No complacency, I hope the players don't think along the lines of this forum. Same team with a stronger bench would be lovely please Mik.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
They are not going to just park the bus against us, they will attempt to play. Always feel more confident against teams who will attempt to play us. If we defend reasonably and dont give away goals, should be comfortable.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
We need to remember the game at the Emirates, they sat back a bit more against us in that game until we scored.

Same procedure as against West Ham, get the first goal and force them to play, then you can control proceedings from there on.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
We need to remember the game at the Emirates, they sat back a bit more against us in that game until we scored.

Same procedure as against West Ham, get the first goal and force them to play, then you can control proceedings from there on.

Yes..go on attack in the first 15 minutes and get that first goal. That's what made us successful last season.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Very easy win. Anything else is unthinkable. Burnley's whole 25 man squad cost is just 3 x Kai Havertz, or 2 x Declan Rice. Let that sink in.

GoonerJay24

Rest key players :lol:

We have played five games in 2024, had a vacation in between. So nobody is being overplayed. Rice, Saka, Trossard, Martinelli and White didn't play 90 minutes. Our most recent bench consisted of Cedric, Walters, Jorginho, Bandeira, Elneny, Nelson, Nwaneri and Nketiah.

Please do tell which key players we are going to rest and who are coming in.

I get your point but with the fixtures piling up, this is the perfect game to rest one or two. We'll still beat Burnley comfortably without two or three key guys rested. Porto next week is a bigger game

GoonerJay24

No we can't.
We can think about resting some players after 3:0 or even 4:0 lead.
Last season we couldn't beat Southampton (20th in the end of the season).

Depends on whose fit. You can't compare last seasons Southampton to this Burnley side. I cannot believe how bad they actually are and the media not talking about their atrocious form

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Sheffield have improved slightly under the new manager. Burnley been wretched all season. Honestly, I've never seen a worse side in this league

I’m still pissed that we let them score a goal at the Emirates when their left winger Koleosho embarrassed Tomiyasu. They deserved nothing from the game.

We need to absolutely smash them. Go for 5 goals if we are able to. These are the games to pile onto our goal difference as much as we can.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Very easy win. Anything else is unthinkable. Burnley's whole 25 man squad cost is just 3 x Kai Havertz, or 2 x Declan Rice. Let that sink in.
You know life isn't just about numbers right? There are other variables? I appreciate the cost is a big factor, but there are others. Suppose the referee's children have been kidnapped by an Organised Crime Group and he is obliged to make two ridiculous decisions against us, how does that fit in with your cost calculations? Suppose an XL Bully runs onto the pitch and bites Declan Rice in his Achilles tendon?

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

You know life isn't just about numbers right? There are other variables? I appreciate the cost is a big factor, but there are others. Suppose the referee's children have been kidnapped by an Organised Crime Group and he is obliged to make two ridiculous decisions against us, how does that fit in with your cost calculations? Suppose an XL Bully runs onto the pitch and bites Declan Rice in his Achilles tendon?

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Tom Mix

Time to do what we didn't do last season and ended up costing us the title.......plan ahead!!!

We can't plan for this on its own, like a donkey chasing a carrot. This game is four days before the away game at Porto. The two games require something a little bit different. Whilst there's an argument to simply keep some key players on the bench the more logical way of handling this is by playing to our squad's strengths and by looking at the opposition and the context of the games.

Assuming Zinchenko is fit his offensive contribution might help unlock Burnley early on but I would rather have Tomiyasu play at left-back against Porto, or maybe even Kiwior who might have done enough to claim a place for the next game.

Jesus if fit should start against Burnley and arguably not against Porto except he seems to come alive in CL.

Big shout for Trossard to start against Burnley in place of Martinelli who should definitely start against Porto.

I'd like to see us do something similar to what we did against West Ham. Win the game in the first half - 3 goals and maybe even two does that - and then give Rice and Saka a break.

We should avoid risking a draw or loss at Porto by concentrating on keeping the players definitely needed there on the pitch at Burnley once the game is won. Last thing we need is having to bring on the Cedrics and Elnenys of this world to try and get a result at Porto.

3-0 or 4-0 Arsenal at Turf Moor.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Yeah man, I feel stupid now for not thinking that these one in a trillion remote possibilities could bring about a Burnley win. But you’re here to show me the light bro.

yarro

A bit nervous to be fair. This is the kind of games we need to just end in first half just like West Ham. 2-0, 3-0...

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
If our mindset is the same as the Wham game we should win this but we cannot think in a easy way.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Yeah man, I feel stupid now for not thinking that these one in a trillion remote possibilities could bring about a Burnley win. But you’re here to show me the light bro.

Just out of interest, how to you explain Chelsea’s perpetual failure when playing teams of inferior squad cost this season? :)

Are they beset with a sequence of extraordinary one in a trillion events? Or do you think there might be something else at play apart from squad cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Robert Pirès was a fabulous player, world-class, and for a few years, before his injury, he was unquestionably the best left-midfielder in the world by far. He had incredible technique, he was smart, a finisher. He was a killer with a smile, the gentlest man in the world who suddenly drive the ball exactly where it was needed.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom