• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Premier League: Fulham 2 - 1 Arsenal | Sunday 31st December | KO: 14:00 GMT | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPORT-PREVIEW-Fulham-v-Arsenal.jpg

Screenshot-20231229-090807.png

Screenshot-20231229-090830.png

Screenshot-20231229-090851.png

Screenshot-20231229-090933.png

Screenshot-20231229-091001.png

Screenshot-20231229-091033.png

Screenshot-20231229-091053.png

lineup.png

Prediction

Fulham 1-2 Arsenal

CountChocula

Broooo the crap you have to read on here. Fulham were the better team in the reverse fixture?!?!?!?!

Arsenal xG = 3.20
Fulham xG = 0.53

Shots(on target)

Arsenal = 19(11)
Fulham = 8(3)

Possession 71% - 29%

Fulham scored of a Saka backpass and a corner.

How did we not deserve to win that game in your mind?
Agree with the overall sentiment, but the xG numbers you have are way off. xGPhilosophy has them as fairly even: Fulham (1.41) 2-1 (1.85) Arsenal

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Yeah yesterday was really poor we looked a team of late Wenger years away from home. Seriously just not competed that something I really not notice with current team even if they piss me off but they competed didn't get their head down. They didn't even try yesterday after we scored

I better not see what I saw yesterday ever again

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
0:05 is when Havertz would pass it back to Martinelli or go backwards.
Not only this the team movement is lacking and how teams sitting up against us is so much difference. That why solutions need to be made we facing 8 men behind the ball every time unlike last season when teams didn't show us much respect

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Not only this the team movement is lacking and how teams sitting up against us is so much difference. That why solutions need to be made we facing 8 men behind the ball every time unlike last season when teams didn't show us much respect
Teams showing us respect is a bit misleading tbh. They know we are defensively vulnerable unlike what the Arsenal loving media want you to believe around ‘control’.

We still are a soft defensive team against a team with half decent attackers like Fulham yesterday. They will exploit the gaps and score goals.

I’ve lost count of how many goals we have now conceded from corners (West Ham in the Caraboa cup, Luton away, West Ham at home, yesterday). It’s a serious problem.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Teams showing us respect is a bit misleading tbh. They know we are defensively vulnerable unlike what the Arsenal loving media want you to believe around ‘control’.

We still are a soft defensive team against a team with half decent attackers like Fulham yesterday. They will exploit the gaps and score goals.

I’ve lost count of how many goals we have now conceded from corners (West Ham in the Caraboa cup, Luton away, West Ham at home, yesterday). It’s a serious problem.
That another problem too many set piece goals conceded lately the goal yesterday was avoidable not marking issue but also teams easy to attack us because our high line any time we lose the ball teams just need tow passes to get into our box. Yesterday I was pissed about the amount of 50/50 we failed to compete against just too lazy

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Something seemed really really off with the whole team. Not even simple passes were completed successfully, and we lost most of 50/50s as per above post. It was like there was a big scrap in the dressing room or something (*not* saying this happened, just making an example)

Fulham clearly wanted it more. How many times have you said that in the last year? Even if Arsenal play badly, Arteta normally has these guys fired up 24/7

Kysus

Lots of overreactions.
This was the first game in a long long while where we actually were second best.
We looked gassed.

Rotation is a problem as we seem to play the same 11(+- 1) and two subs every single game.

We don't use ESR, Nelson, Jorginho. Not having Timber/Party/Vieira hurts as well.

A lot of the adjustments we made this season worked out really well, especially having Rice we can play so dominant and imposing.
Our style is draining on our attackers though, the have to work so so hard off the ball that it takes away from their creative spark and their finishing.
Saka and Martinelli need a frigging break, they are run into the ground.
Rice/Ode will not be able to keep this up either.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Lots of overreactions.
This was the first game in a long long while where we actually were second best.
We looked gassed.

Rotation is a problem as we seem to play the same 11(+- 1) and two subs every single game.

We don't use ESR, Nelson, Jorginho. Not having Timber/Party/Vieira hurts as well.

A lot of the adjustments we made this season worked out really well, especially having Rice we can play so dominant and imposing.
Our style is draining on our attackers though, the have to work so so hard off the ball that it takes away from their creative spark and their finishing.
Saka and Martinelli need a frigging break, they are run into the ground.
Rice/Ode will not be able to keep this up either.

They wanted it more. They won almost all 50/50s. We weren’t completing basic passes all game. Anyone can feel completely off, the big issue is when it turns a chronic illness.

The ref let a lot of tackles go though, I’m talking tackles where you get out the way or youre out for the season. There was one sliding tackle in particular where the whole stadium gasped in unison.

andeoch1

It’s so easy to defend against us because only Saka, Jesus, and Martinelli have the capabilities to take on the opposition, open them up, and create space. Ødegaard and Rice rarely and forget about whoever plays in the LCM.

That’s why the opposition sits deep and double on our wingers. Then, hit us on the counter. You can’t always open compacted, defensive opposition through just passing. Not only is it easy to block passing lanes, it gives them time to get players behind the ball.

People talking about getting another forward player but that will not solve our inability to keep cleansheets. We need to get a proper B2B player in LCM who we can sort our inbalance in attack and defense. High workrate midfielder, very good dribbler, and a good finisher.

Our poor finishing and lack of defensive solidarity are finally catching us up after we got away in the first few months of the season.

We are in a slump and in dire need of change in both our tactics (slight improvements) and fortune. I hope Arteta won’t take too long in rectifying the mess. We can’t keep playing the same way with the same exact players and hope things change on their own.

The major worry is we keep conceding left, right, and center. Wish we had TP5 available. At least would have allowed us to go double pivot to solidify the back. We almost always have a goal in us.
It’s time to forget that useless K**t Partey and move him on.

andeoch1

Yeah yesterday was really poor we looked a team of late Wenger years away from home. Seriously just not competed that something I really not notice with current team even if they piss me off but they competed didn't get their head down. They didn't even try yesterday after we scored

I better not see what I saw yesterday ever again
You better prepare yourself for disappointment 😳

Awful losing two games in a row where the hope was we could build on the solid performances we had recently and go on a run. Hard to be positive at the moment.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

They were the better team in both games, we did not deserve a point in the reverse fixture.

our attack and manger is stale and our saliba gab defence is overrated as well, leaking goals this season but some ****s on here cannot accept it

They were *not* the better team at the Emirates, we battered them. Don't be silly.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
At Emirates things went exactly like in this fixture, they were defending brilliantly after our early gift until we got a penalty (set piece) and then Saka behaved like a thug to injure Bassey which opened a space for Nketiah.

It wasn't pretty or dominant at all and the draw was fair, but in the end we were indeed lucky with Ramsdale saving that counter with his face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We played with a bit of a handbrake

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom