• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Premier League: Manchester City 4 - 1 Arsenal | Wednesday 26th, April | KO: 20:00 BST | BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_cityarsenalblog.jpg

Last night was not good enough and we must not repeat the mistakes we made if we must get a result here. Even a draw will be good enough.

We just need to abandon our principle but you know Mikel will never do that. He's so obsessed with winning his own philosophy rather trying to be pragmatic.

Even Pep sacrificed possession when they came to the Emirates earlier in the year. We have to pragmatic. We have to protect Holding like a group of wildebeest would protect their youngest calf.

Screenshot-20230422-093636.png

Screenshot-20230422-093723.png

Screenshot-20230422-093742.png

Screenshot-20230422-093820.png

f780bd54-598e-4a84-a20e-1c4ded84c3e5.png

Prediction

Man city 0-1 Arsenal

COYG!

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
This game is now a must win, along with the rest of our games. We have given ourselves too much to do, to stand a chance now, hence my thinking that the league is done.

The late great Cricket commentator, Richie Benaud used to say... "catches win matches". In our case its two things, taking our opportunities and cutting down mistakes to zero. Do that and we stand a chance.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
For once in my life I need Arsenal to take a leaf out of Tottenham's book. Bare with me. I need us to sacrifice our footballing morals, sneak a 1-0 lead and uphold the dirtiest low-block I have ever seen that even Diego Simeone would be disgusted. I'm talking a proper 1-0 with an XG of 0.2-4.3 type of performance.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

It's very unlikely, but these players need to dare to be great. Forget about the past few weeks and focus on what's in front of us which is an opportunity we'd have killed for at the start of the season. Who knows maybe the change in narrative and the shift to City now being overwhelming favourites might just liberate the team a bit. But this is it, do or die.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

I actually think the situation we have put ourselves in weirdly suits us better then having to go here just playing for a draw.

Had we gone in only needing a draw the preesure might've been too much for our young players. Now we're going in as underdogs, the pressure is not as big since everyone has written us off now and we've got nothing to lose going for the win.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
I’m usually optimistic but can only see us losing this. Hope I’m wrong.
We can’t beat West Ham and Southampton, Man City batter Bayern Munich. Not looking good.

SA Gunner

We will acquit ourselves well - anyone who says we'll get smashed is projecting based on our recent run of results.

We will be able to compete with them yes, you just need to watch the last game we played there.

The problem will be concentration for 95 minutes (close to zero mistakes and taking our chances), combined with being able to adjust to Pep's in game changes and stay competitive.

Our boys and management team are really good. But they have to be better going to the Etihad, because every hole we have shown up to now, will be exploited.

sdotzdot

Established Member
This game is now a must win, along with the rest of our games. We have given ourselves too much to do, to stand a chance now, hence my thinking that the league is done.

The late great Cricket commentator, Richie Benaud used to say... "catches win matches". In our case its two things, taking our opportunities and cutting down mistakes to zero. Do that and we stand a chance.
I personally also think it’s done.

Would I however be surprised if the team now went on a mad run? Not one bit. They’ve shown me that on their day they can compete on a physical, technical and mental level with any other team. And most importantly they’ve shown me earlier on in the season they can do it consistently rather than one off games.

They’ve given themselves too much to do now imo despite the fact I highly rate this team, but they absolutely have it in them so long as they find that spark again. Arteta and the players have a lot of work to do but I’ll be backing them until the end.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Also like that it's on Wednesday already, not needing to dread this until next weekend when I've got plans.

SA Gunner

I personally also think it’s done.

Would I however be surprised one bit if the team now went on a mad run? Not one bit. They’ve shown me that on their day they can compete on a physical, technical and mental level with any other team. And most importantly they’ve shown me earlier on in the season they can do it consistently rather than one off games.

They’ve given themselves too much to do now imo despite the fact I highly rate this team, but they absolutely have it in them so long as they find that spark again. Arteta and the players have a lot of work to do but I’ll be backing them until the end.

Im of the opinion that this is already the best team we have produced at the Emirates. No other team during that time is as balanced as this side we have now.

So yes, we can compete with any team in Europe technically and tactically, and beat them.

The problem is, that we have allowed the bottler/choker tag to take hold of us and going by history, the pressure will take us out of the running, and we'll be back to our best once we are out of it all. I did not think it would impact us, but it has sadly, despite being so much better at what we've seen these last 3 games.

We'd need to go into a crunch group of 4 games and totally rewrite recent history to win the league from here. Possible of course, but we dont have history on our side.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Not sure what to think because comparing the both team form one is doing thier usual freak winning always the other is in self doubt error prone conceding alot both teams are unbeaten in 10 in league but i only see one winner here and its man city. My team not giving me confidence the Southampton game took it all away despite the comback.

i hope our team play with zero pressure because this is the only way i can see us getting something or at least not get embarrassed. Good we'll have xhaka back i don't think saliba will be back.

Tnegs

If bottom of the league Southampton can get a result at the Emirates then we are capable of getting a result at the Etihad. On the other hand if our confidence is shot from the last 3 games then we are in for a rough ride. Game of the season here whatever happens I hope we put up a good fight.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Need to run City ragged in this. Press like made men and make them chase us all over the pitch when we have the ball. They'll be starting to feel it with all these games they're playing. Also need to make sure it's a tough game for them knowing they travel to Fulham a few days after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

At some clubs success is accidental. At Arsenal it is compulsory.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom