• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Nottingham Forest 1 - 2 Arsenal | Tuesday 30 January | KO: 19:30 GMT | TNT Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

GFHBwyAW4AAsXkD

https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.standard.co.uk%2F2022%2F08%2F26%2F15%2FPL22NottsForesrArsenal.jpg%3Fwidth=1200&width=1200&auto=webp&quality=75

Screenshot-20240125-225457.png

Screenshot-20240125-225515.png

Screenshot-20240125-225534.png

Screenshot-20240125-225606.png

Screenshot-20240125-225628.png

Screenshot-20240125-225644.png

Screenshot-20240125-225659.png

lineup.png

Prediction

Nottingham Forest 1-3 Arsenal

El Realista

So @El Realista

What do you make of that performance?
Well, they literally played nothing football. We dominated but they didn't even try. We did our job but we can see the patterns of biggest problem, we don't have enough goalscorers. I said it to another poster. When we signed GJ we all knew he is a great footballer but a horrible goalscorer. We were ok that season because we didn't have unlimited funds so he would help to raise our chances created which he did.

But as we expected he couldn't score (can't score). So we all suggested a goalscorer. It was the logical approach but Arteta, after our high volume xG created went for one of the worst goalscorers in the league and spent 65M on him. So that's my conclusion, with GJ we will struggle to score unless he plays on the wings or even as LCM. He can't lead the attack. His goal and assist came from the left wing where he is better imo.

So Arteta makes some things good obviously, but he won't reach the top places because he commits very weird mistakes because he overcomplicates things and because he is very stubborn. So, my conclusion is we win today against a poor team, we played well against a poor team but we struggled to score and this is not enough to win anything this year. We won't win UCL obviously, we won't win the league and probably FA cup neither.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
So Arteta makes some things good obviously, but he won't reach the top places because he commits very weird mistakes because he overcomplicates things and because he is very stubborn. So, my conclusion is we win today against a poor team, we played well against a poor team but we struggled to score and this is not enough to win anything this year. We won't win UCL obviously, we won't win the league and probably FA cup neither.

Thanksgiving Turkey GIF by BuzzFeed

MauveGunner

Player:Rice
If we didn't do what was required to win this game and break down this low block the same people would moan about the result. If we do what is necessary and get the result then its boring.

Not sure if the expectations are realistic at all tbh.
I can get that there can be some matches like this, but these are the norm this season. Even against teams that have a less lower block than Notthingham.

It's the always the same boring and predictable playstyle for most of the match. There are some moments when we decide to play one touch football and we are dangerous but they are so rare. I miss our football from last season, it had more life to it.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The Nottingham plan yesterday was seriously pathetic most teams we faced they put 9 men behind I know it's the best way to stop us but this is not how football played.

I hope we do something in summer get players help us to break these low blocks

HattoriHanzo

It wasn't low block from Forest, it was lowest of low blocks, it was cruise ship parked in front of their goal.
As usual, Arsenal had too many touches in the final third and too few shots.
I really don't understand why Arsenal players don't shoot more?

Much better second half for Arsenal.
Zinchenko and Saliba both made mistake for Forest goal unfortunately, so it was bit tense last 6-7 minutes.
3 points in the pocket is the only thing that matters.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Usual stuff. Excellent up to the box, then really poor in front of goal. Considering Forest had so many players missing we made very hard work of this.

Forest made two awful mistakes from Montiel and Turner. but In the end we were hanging on. Arteta luck.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Usual stuff. Excellent up to the box, then really poor in front of goal. Considering Forest had so many players missing we made very hard work of this.

Forest made two awful mistakes from Montiel and Turner. but In the end we were hanging on. Arteta luck.

No, not Arteta luck.

Forget players missing, you have to play the game in front of you and make the best of the situation.

It cannot be that whenever we play a game these days, its a win for Arsenal because of Arsenal getting lucky, that's not how football works.

Lets try and be more fair with our analysis, because when people are unfair about Arsène, you are the first to jump.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
No, not Arteta luck.

Forget players missing, you have to play the game in front of you and make the best of the situation.

It cannot be that whenever we play a game these days, its a win for Arsenal because of Arsenal getting lucky, that's not how football works.

Lets try and be more fair with our analysis, because when people are unfair about Arsène, you are the first to jump.
If it's Arsenal (under arteta to be specific) it's arteta luck. If it's Liverpool or city they force the result. That's how we roll here.

TornadoTed

Established Member
It wasn't low block from Forest, it was lowest of low blocks, it was cruise ship parked in front of their goal.

Zinchenko and Saliba both made mistake for Forest goal unfortunately, so it was bit tense last 6-7 minutes.
This has to be under instruction to not lose possession needlessly.

The frustrating thing as a fan is that we seem just as likely to lose possession with all the intricate one two's against a packed defence as we would taking speculative pot shots.

SA Gunner

I saw a few times in both halves that we dont want to take more shots, but also make more of those dangerous box passes to open teams.

Its the one area where we must improve, taking more risks when we are very close to goal, and trusting ourselves to recover our defensive shape if we do.

Think just this tweak alone, in addition to what we do now, will add another level to our game.

Tomb Bombadil

The Nottingham plan yesterday was seriously pathetic most teams we faced they put 9 men behind I know it's the best way to stop us but this is not how football played.

I hope we do something in summer get players help us to break these low blocks
But you can argue they were missing many players yesterday if you count the ones just coming back from injury and where on the bench. With 10 or 11 players out it's difficult for a team like Nottingham Forest. And that's why our performance was a bit meh.

Mohamed7

Well, they literally played nothing football. We dominated but they didn't even try. We did our job but we can see the patterns of biggest problem, we don't have enough goalscorers. I said it to another poster. When we signed GJ we all knew he is a great footballer but a horrible goalscorer. We were ok that season because we didn't have unlimited funds so he would help to raise our chances created which he did.

But as we expected he couldn't score (can't score). So we all suggested a goalscorer. It was the logical approach but Arteta, after our high volume xG created went for one of the worst goalscorers in the league and spent 65M on him. So that's my conclusion, with GJ we will struggle to score unless he plays on the wings or even as LCM. He can't lead the attack. His goal and assist came from the left wing where he is better imo.

The only two ways to improve on Jesus is Haaland/Kane level player. Very, very limited number of players in that caliber.

Or Saka and Martinelli must perform Salah-Mane levels to compensate for Jesus’s lack of goals. I can’t see them reaching those numbers given how wide they stay.

SA Gunner

But you can argue they were missing many players yesterday if you count the ones just coming back from injury and where on the bench. With 10 or 11 players out it's difficult for a team like Nottingham Forest. And that's why our performance was a bit meh.

Any team who sits as deep as they did yesterday will be difficult to break down. They werent interested in football until they were forced to play.

There are aspects of our performance yesterday that can be improved upon, but I think for the opposition approach, we did pretty well.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You’re kidding right? Forest had an amazing defensive display overall, that Murillo chap or whoever was phenomenal.

Arteta luck indeed 👏
He must have been watching endless vids of Aldair winning the 1994 World Cup. :lol:

Jesus was almost on by line when he scored that goal. Not sure there’s a keeper registered in the whole of the FA that would have let that in, apart from Matt Turner.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
They still had a good team to be fair lot of pace to hurt us but they were scared Gibbs-white was invisible because of no service

MauveGunner

Player:Rice
This has to be under instruction to not lose possession needlessly.

The frustrating thing as a fan is that we seem just as likely to lose possession with all the intricate one two's against a packed defence as we would taking speculative pot shots.
Sometimes you see a player run into a free space for the one with the ball to cut back, and play a sideways or backwards pass. Also it seems that there are times where there is no movement at all from our players where most of them are at a standstill..

And then there are flashes with one touch and free flowing football where we get a good chance, which is a joy to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright

Latest posts

Top Bottom