• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Tottenham Hotspur 2 - 3 Arsenal | Sunday, April 28th | KO: 14:00 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenia

That late second half aged me, not helped by that idiot Neville on commentary. Serious question - is there tech that allows one to watch football with the crowd noise but no commentary?

Him saying the NLD is a firm 3rd compared to the Manchester and Merseyside ones was just strange. Then pleading for the penalty.

Anyway a win is a win. Happy St Totteringham's day everyone! Bring on Bournemouth!

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

This is actually a very good point. It would’ve been extremely arsenal like if we dispatched them 3-0 (despite the dodgy performance) to then get entirely complacent and mess up against Bournemouth.

These lot need to be on full alert for every second of our final 3 games. Actually a huge, huge win.
Now that it's over it can be seen as an optimal outcome. Scoring 10 goals in three games and not conceding could have created a false sense of security. That truly got addressed today. Need to be on it for 90 otherwise the story can be very different. A timely shot across the bow.

That's my take anyway. I'll let others disagree if they want to.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Because they are big chances - yes, penalty and kick straight to player. And we conceded those two big chances.

I don’t really get where you’re going with this - we set up to play set pieces and counterattacking football (Sp**s are highly susceptible to both) and we were successful in both respects. Sp**s are well known for pressing opponents hard at the ****hole, but so what? If we don’t literally gift them two goals, what does the XG really mean?

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Why take those away, they are what happened and represent the chance of scoring likelihood. Doesn't represent how much skill was involved in the chance, you don't understand xG.

Oh trust me, I understand XG perfectly. You need to go and study it more.

But bottom line, Ange exposed again. I’ve told you about Ange needing to adapt more to survive at this level, and it did look a bit like that today to be fair to him.

We’ll see next season, because if he doesn’t adapt more, you’ll be seeing him more often in Australia again.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
I’m actually fuming that we’ve made them look better than they actually are by gifting them two goals.

I saw complacency, and players focus and desire dropping which is absolutely criminal at this stage of the season.

We no longer have our destiny in our hands and we cannot afford to drop our performance never mind points.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

GK is the biggest fragility in the team. We scored plenty but we need a big keeper to make the big saves when it matters.

I remember seaman's save against Sheffield and Lehamanns against Raul.

Raya, lacks the ability to concentrate.
Like when it was 0-0 vs wolves? He made a huge error today. But he has been very good

It wasn't pretty but I think positional and tactical decisions were spot on from Arteta. We had some nervy moments and **** ups that gave them goals but overall I think we went with a formula to win against them at their ground.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
GMPkmCBWoAA-Aah

...none of this happened when you could watch football on tv 🤣

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Look, we let them in the game with that Raya mistake, but I must credit them for trying to the end.

Ange has them playing good football, they combine well from deep and are a threat with their verticality. They will be a problem in the years to come, if Ange adds more to their game both in tactics and personnel.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
That was agony in the final minutes.

Raya and Rice what were they thinking. Silly little mistakes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I want a fan to wake up in the morning and say, “Arsenal are playing today, I’m going to have a good time.” That guy starts his day off by thinking that something good is going to happen to him. And to do that, big clubs like Arsenal have to have the ambition to play spectacularly. Of shared happiness.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom