• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Tottenham Hotspur 2 - 3 Arsenal | Sunday, April 28th | KO: 14:00 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
We had a NLD last year in a title race and we wiped the floor with them, the team has been here before.
They were a wreck by that stage last yr, think this Sp**s team is stronger but Ange is going to set them up to attack us. I generally prefer when teams attempt to play us and we have a pretty good record when this occurs. We have to be compact, composed on the ball and exploit the space afforded to us once we beat their press.

I am a bit worried this will be a game where they are super clinical, Son scorIng from few chances.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
We can’t be as open as we were against Chelsea though, that wasn’t our level this season, despite it being so incisive.

We need a balance of control and moments where we pressure cook them. Do that in good numbers and we’ll win the game.

This game needs composure and a professional performance more than anything.
Does this mean we play Partey? Obviously improves our attack with his direct passing but open to far more turnovers, particularly if Sp**s press effectively. Difficult one.

Think you have to play him based on Chelsea performance but i think we do have less control on the ball when he plays given the greater risks he takes.

GoonerJay24

We had a NLD last year in a title race and we wiped the floor with them, the team has been here before.

Different Tottenham, and that was a January game, so it wasn't during the title run-in, meaning less pressure.

I don't think we'll win this to be honest. I hope I'm wrong, but Sp**s are a side that can really turn up. All year, we've struggled against teams that have some structure and platform to build from. Ange is no mug, proper student of the game who analyses and understands football thoroughly.

We comfortably beat Chelsea the other night; their players became disillusioned in the second half, but even they had chances against us.

Tottenham are a much more threatening, offensive, and cohesive side. I hope I'm wrong, but I see this being a draw. Unless they play very openly and leave tons of space for us to exploit, don't see Arsenal winning. Also, if they have any injuries or suspensions to their big players; haven’t heard nothing.

Arsenal are a really good team with a clear system and great player togetherness. However, you can't underestimate how much English football has declined over the last couple of years.

Hopefully same line up as against Chelsea; I'd love to see Martinelli but he isn't looking himself. I wonder if Parteys up to playing two matches in a week?

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

These cvnts will be playing like it's their CL final.

We have to beat them in energy and workrate. Quality will take care of itself. We are a much better side than them in that respect.

No losing our heads either and getting a silly sending off.

Funnily enough I think this being at their dung heap benefits us - we generally play a much more controlled game style away from home.

Tom Mix

Honestly speaking I'd be happy with a draw, a NLD after playing so many games in 10 days is going to be brutal and they are going to be fresh.
Normally yes, but this is not normal. We have less than a 50% chance of winning the league at the moment. I think there's only two games where City can drop points and one of them is Brighton tonight. If they win we can't afford to drop any points in the last four games. It's all or nothing.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I think we'll need to win our remaining four games if we are to have a good shot at the title.

This is probably the hardest of those four games. They are rested, and will be well up for it. Their lot in the stands would love for them to put a spanner in our title challenge.

I reckon we could come up short here. We'll need a very good performance from our lads, and I suspect a wee bit of luck.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Though this will be changed if someone scores the winner this weekend, this is currently my fav away goal v Sp**s since the stadium move in 2006...

...and I love no matter what, Rozza always turned up v these ****s!
Chamberlain's reaction never fails to make me laugh. Man was like

Caveman-SpongeBob.jpg

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Though this will be changed if someone scores the winner this weekend, this is currently my fav away goal v Sp**s since the stadium move in 2006...

...and I love no matter what, Rozza always turned up v these ****s!
:applause:
This wonderful shot is one of the few goals prominently displayed in the Iconic Arsenal Moments sidebar widget.

Synical

Miss Superstitious

Normally yes, but this is not normal. We have less than a 50% chance of winning the league at the moment. I think there's only two games where City can drop points and one of them is Brighton tonight. If they win we can't afford to drop any points in the last four games. It's all or nothing.
If City drop points tonight I wonder if that will help or hinder the boys mentally. You would think it would give them a boost, but I wonder...

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
If City drop points tonight I wonder if that will help or hinder the boys mentally. You would think it would give them a boost, but I wonder...
Time has nearly run out for City to be dropping points. We need it to happen NOW. This is no time to worry about psychology.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
And I'm the superstitious one apparently!
When proven right, it is not superstition anymore :lol:

But, no, we've done this on other occasions too, it's just that @A_G brought this one forward :lol:

• Applause
Reactions: A_G
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

My first ever football memory was Charlie George's double winning goal in 71. After that game; I just became an Arsenal fan.

Paul Davis
Top Bottom