• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League: WBA vs Arsenal-29/11/14, 12:45, BT Sports1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman10

Established Member
Re: Premier League: WBA vs Arsenal-29/11/14, 12:45, BT Sport

redanddread said:
So what is the story with this forum on match day-it needs to learn to cool out also as it seems to be going nutz particularly on match days when we lose and nuff vitriol is flying around.

After 17 points from 12 games (i.e. 36 points) it is a miracle that we are still only two points from fourth. Strange things tend to happen in seasons after world cups, but that by no means explains it all, esp. the backfired risk taking over not getting in the replacement for Vermaelen. I just hope we build on the result against Dortmund. Honestly I expected a stronger reaction after the loss to United, on the back of the loss at Swansea, as well as the blown 3-0 lead against Anderlecht, but strangely enough some anger morphed into acceptance, and I don't know which is better to see with fellow Gooners (anger or acceptance). Regardless, I agree the forum should be a more pleasant environment between fellow fans, we have no influence of the club's board from here.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

This board, as other boards do, will always reflect how the team's doing. As long as people aren't at each others throats, I don't know what else can be expected. The ****ness of this season is unprecedented. Angry posts, depressing posts that accept the woe of our season, or delusion--they are the choices. There's the 'not logging on' option too, but fans will vent. Before the season started, and particularly after the City game at Wembley, posts reflected great optimism. It works both ways.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse

I meant the actual website forum itself-I can never access it on match days. It's always down...lol

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

The big shame for me is due to our crappy start, we seemingly can't afford to be pragmatic with Alexis. If we were sitting, say, 5 points off the top, we'd probably rest him here. In fact, this run of games would have been an ideal time to use him sparingly. So all we're doing really is potentially making it worse by playing him. The script has gone down the toilet and we have to start ad-libbing, which opens the door to all sorts of sh!t.

I'd rest him here, come what may. You can't stop taking little gambles. You wont hear a grumble from me if he didn't start and we drew. It has to be done some time.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

redanddread said:
I meant the actual website forum itself-I can never access it on match days. It's always down...lol

:lol: ffs! Not sure why, but it was ok on Wednesday. It'd be nice to be told if any improvements have been made--if any--in the notice board area, but that's obviously asking too much :roll:

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse

The Jury said:
redanddread said:

:lol: ffs! Not sure why, but it was ok on Wednesday. It'd be nice to be told if any improvements have been made--if any--in the notice board area, but that's obviously asking too much :roll:

I don't think any thing has been posted there since 2011! I took a peek..

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Can we hope for Giroud to boss WBA defense? pretty much hoping he can still be our flat track bully against smaller teams.

VancouverCanuck

I remember vividly the match where Diaby headed in an own goal at the toilet and I literally couldn't sleep that night.

Nowadays, I am very much in the acceptance camp.

Let's be objective here. We are not as bad as a 17pts from 12 games team, even with all the injuries. So I predict we will slowly climb out of this slump. But it will be another fight for 3rd and 4th the rest of the year.

As for this match, I am actually cautiously optimistic. No idea how WBA has been playing. But we have started to play decent football in the last couple of matches. So I think we will continue to improve.

No more injuries please.

Suave Gooner89

Established Member

Rex Banner said:
onetowatch said:
Lets be honest. No one gives a ****. We are out of the title race already and no one cares for yet another battle for fourth.

Yeah great point, so why does anyone below the big 5 or 6 bother playing football? Condescending w****r.

Because more often than not that is their level; Arsenal are meant to be a big club, ergo, we should be challenging for the league, instead we're out of the title race in November FFS.

I don't know why you expect Arsenal fans to be content with 3rd/4th season upon season. It has been boring for the past five years and I too couldn't give a fu*k about limping to the promised land of CL qualification.

At this point the only thing that holds any interest is seeing if we can make it to the CL quarter finals for once and whether or not we can retain the FA cup. The league has already been rendered moot.

Enfield

Established Member

I'm so confident about this that I have put ALL of my 20euro free Paddy Power bet on us to win.

Thats right, 20 big fat free ones on us

Get in

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I agree with Jury, no complaints from me if we rest Sanchez and drop points. Unless he has Giroud's freakish resistance to injury then he really must be on the verge of getting one.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker

I have no faith in this team whatsoever, but I still hope that we win.

Enfield

Established Member

I'm so confident that I have already spent half my winnings.

12 months of Setanta sports and BT sports for 99yoyos

Its all happening now

ModelGooner

Harambe Loyalist

It'll be a hard fought victory I reckon. We need to start managing Sanchez a little better, the lads been playing so much!

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Don't think we can afford to drop anymore points by resting Alexis. Poor if he doesn't play there have been far easier games where we could have afforded to rest him.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Was pretty criminal to leave Sanchez on midweek.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

#Arsenal team to play West Brom: Martinez, Chambers, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Flamini, Ramsey, Welbeck, Alexis, Cazorla, Giroud

#Arsenal subs: Macey, Gibbs, Bellerin, Rosicky, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Campbell, Podolski #WBAvAFC

A bit of rotation, possibly not how some would have liked though.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐

Interesting line up. Good to have Koscielny back.

Wonder if it's 4-4-2 or Welbeck wide.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

This is 4-4-2 written all over it good to see Kosh back. i don't know who will play on the wings Sanchez or Welbeck?

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

You knew he would drop the Ox and put Welbeck on the wing. Was almost guaranteed Giroud would walk straight back into the 1st 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane
Top Bottom