• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Quick question...

lee1001

Established Member
What happened to Ryan Smith? Last i remember he was out, badly injured. Is he still injured and when is he due back?

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
thegreatbriton said:
i think he is on his way back, although he is younger than cesc, so i doubt h wil be seen this year.
No way is he younger than Cesc IIRC. He's 18 I think, but hasn't still recovered from that knee injury.

nosneb

yeh.. ACL's are a motherf****r.. tore mine and am still doing rehab as well.. + they very rarely completely heal.. so im praying that ali and smith turn out ok.. :(

GunnerUS9

nosneb said:
+ they very rarely completely heal

I'll assume that Arsenal has access to a similar quality of physician and physical therapist that the major American sports franchises do. Players come back from ACL injuries all the time. Jamal Lewis, an American football player, tore his ACL twice. He ran for over 2,000 yards last season, the second-most in NFL history.

Jinn

Established Member
Aliadiere is very injury prone however. When he comes back from his injury, he'll find it much harder to force his way into the side.

You have to feel for him.

The best thing he can do is to increase his upper body strength in the meantime.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Jinn said:
Aliadiere is very injury prone however. When he comes back from his injury, he'll find it much harder to force his way into the side.

You have to feel for him.

The best thing he can do is to increase his upper body strength in the meantime.

I think it's his legs and lower body he needs to work on if you look at the injuries he's had- hernia, ligaments, groin strains etc...

Jinn

Established Member
Yes, but if he's recovering from an injury, he won't be able to put much strain on his legs. I meant his upper body so that he wouldn't get pushed around so much in general play.

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
Smith is one player I would like to see more of. I saw glimpses of world class potential from him in the the Carling Cup last season, wish him a speedy and full recovery.

Arnie

nosneb said:
yeh.. ACL's are a motherf****r.. tore mine and am still doing rehab as well.. + they very rarely completely heal.. so im praying that ali and smith turn out ok.. :(

get well soon

i dunno this kid, is he good as well??

nosneb

havent seen smith play as well.. but from what i've read about him on these forums, ignoring the obvious bias, it seems tat he has loads of potential and most important of all, wenger seems to rate him..

as for ali's ACL, i hope ur rite GunnerUS9.. i do know tho tat it depends on the severity of the tear (duh! :wink: ).. if its a complete tear, then he'll almost definitely need a knee reconstruction.. in which case it'll take him about 6 months to fully rehabilitate from.. the fact that its a similar knee injury that he suffered last season shows that his rehab program probably wasnt sufficient enough.. looking at the game and how he hurt it, there was barely any contact at all, which is an indication of how fragile ali is.. anyways, im gonna get back to praying.. :wink:

Arsenal Quotes

Nobody has enough talent to live on talent alone. Even when you have talent, a life without work goes nowhere

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom