• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Racism in Football

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Anyway to live in a functioning society there has to be a penalty paid by individuals who act in a way that is harmful to the wider society.

People should be free to believe what they want, faulty logic or not, and I include racists in that. Where the line has to be drawn is when they are acting on those impulses in some way or another and affecting others

A serial killer has reasons and an internal logic for doing what they do, but there should be no moral grey area there when it comes to how we feel about them or the level of condemnation we apply.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
When ancient civilizations performed ghastly rituals to appease some god, or in medieval Europe when they burned witches, there WAS a certain logic behind it when viewed from within the their worldview. it's not so cut in dry is all's I am saying.

This helpfully brings us back round to the matter at hand.

We are not an ancient civilisation. We have reams of information available at our fingertips which we can use to build the context which goes in to our logical interpreters.

When someone wilfully chooses to omit the centuries (if not millennia) of oppression which echoes into the systemic inequalities experienced by a significant proportion of coloured people today and unfurls a white lives matter flag at attempts to redress the imbalance - then the problem does not lie with “logic” - it lies with the individuals. No matter how much they try to obfuscate and hide behind a word salad of cheap verbal parlour tricks.

In somehow conflating mockery with racial abuse and arriving at the conclusion that what Aguero said wasn’t racist, you are ignoring context. Either because you can’t be bothered, or you are incapable, or because you wilfully choose to ignore or reject it.

Lewdtenant

Giga Tilted
This helpfully brings us back round to the matter at hand.

We are not an ancient civilisation. We have reams of information available at our fingertips which we can use to build the context which goes in to our logical interpreters.

When someone wilfully chooses to omit the centuries (if not millennia) of oppression which echoes into the systemic inequalities experienced by a significant proportion of coloured people today and unfurls a white lives matter flag at attempts to redress the imbalance - then the problem does not lie with “logic” - it lies with the individuals. No matter how much they try to obfuscate and hide behind a word salad of cheap verbal parlour tricks.

In somehow conflating mockery with racial abuse and arriving at the conclusion that what Aguero said wasn’t racist, you are ignoring context. Either because you can’t be bothered, or you are incapable, or because you wilfully choose to ignore or reject it.

I saw the tweet and saw reactions that I thought were unwarranted given what the tweet contained. I still cannot see what the fuss is about and now you are talking to me about millennia of oppression. I could call that a cheap trick aswell..
But it's also helpful, because it highlights the point I made about paradigms.. You have a framing on this and you seem to hold that this framing is so unequivocally true that it should be universally held, and that any view on this which doesn't accept wholesale an entire library of curated context, interpretted in a specific way, to arrive at the same conclusions regarding this tweet, amounts to wilful ignorance or stupidity.. I don't agree

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
I don't agree..

I know you don’t. You’ve made that pretty clear here and in other posts. There’s a word for people who chose to ignore or reject “the paradigm”.

All I’m doing is giving you enough rope to hang yourself with. You’re pretty efficient though, ropemakers won’t be getting that big payday.

Lewdtenant

Giga Tilted
I know you don’t. You’ve made that pretty clear here and in other posts. There’s a word for people who chose to ignore or reject “the paradigm”.

All I’m doing is giving you enough rope to hang yourself with. You’re pretty efficient though, ropemakers won’t be getting that big payday.
You remind me of that mob in monty python and the holy grail which ends up weighing a duck to determine if someone is a witch.. Funny, in a discussion about logic. But just as the medieval peasants had reasons to find the witches.. I am sure that there is reason for your eagerness to label me a racist, even if you are required you to fill in a bunch of blanks and end up arriving at a wrong conclusion.
Sorry but I remain unhanged, I AM pretty hung though..

Last edited:

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

You remind me of that mob in monty python and the holy grail which ends up weighing a duck to determine if someone is a witch.. Funny, in a discussion about logic. But just as the medieval peasants had reasons to find the witches.. I am sure that there is reason for your eagerness to label me a racist, even if you are required you to fill in a bunch of blanks and end up arriving at a wrong conclusion.
Sorry but I remain unhanged, I AM pretty hung though..

I'm 110% positive the whole point of offering a rebuttal to the response of @db10_therza was to find a creative way of inserting the bolded part in :lol:

Lewdtenant

Giga Tilted
I'm 110% positive the whole point of offering a rebuttal to the response of @db10_therza was to find a creative way of inserting the bolded part in :lol:
walter white GIF

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

You take alot of pride in this ****-energy-sensory ability of yours? Been spending alot of time thinking about dicks have we ? It's kinda sus going around sensing people's **** energies without their consent🤔.. ngl

The above makes about as much sense as this:

Our resident C̶h̶i̶s̶o̶r̶a̶ Joey 👋

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
I think the tilt guy puts his posts through chatgpt before hitting send. Nobody talks like that.

Lewdtenant

Giga Tilted
The above makes about as much sense as this:

Our resident C̶h̶i̶s̶o̶r̶a̶ Joey 👋
You are the expert.. don't know how this **** sensing works.. I am just happy that mine was evidently big enough to register on the... Uhm.. dickterscale??

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Does this mean Cole gets an n-word pass? I feel like @Sapient Hawk will give me the least serious answer to this unserious question

Can't spoiler the bait's ingredients & expect me to bite now, can you?

However, if wrestler Michael Hayes, who is decidedly not black, can tell Mark Henry that "I've got more n-word in me than you ever will" I think Cole Palmer's pretty much off the hook :lol:

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Most normal A-M poster enters thread to ascribe logic to racism, gets dismantled, offers up unsolicited comment about the size of his Willie and then accuses others of thinking about dicks when he introduced dicks to the conversation. Very normal behavior. Cannot possibly fathom how he's in this thread being weird instead of using his unmatched social skills in the real world.

Juno Temple Boss GIF by Apple TV+

Arsenal Quotes

My job is to give people who work hard all week something to enjoy on Saturdays and Wednesdays

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom