• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Random Football Stuff

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
2 of ours in this, though I feel Rio-Vidic should have been number 1...

"Two players that don't get anywhere near the respect they deserve..."

Feel that's the perfect way to describe both really...Kolo is sadly seen as a meme now, while Sol while rated, I still feel is underrated.

Respect Bould immensely (even if I never got to watch him) but always feel Keown was the better player, seemed a better foil for Adams at his best due to Martin's more aggressive (and underrated pace) style...though I guess that's one more for the fans from 1988-1994 to discuss, since they saw Adams-Bould at their best.

Could throw O'Leary in there too, even with his issues at Leeds...plus I will always have time for Kos and Per.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

The sociologist Dr Jamie Cleland has been studying the discourse of football and football fans for more than a decade, and agrees that the window has shifted. “What we’re seeing,” he says, “is a ‘casualisation’ of language. Society has become a lot busier, and so social norms aren’t being challenged as they would have been historically. People are getting away with things that they wouldn’t have a generation previously.”
@Makingtrax it mentions the Wenger abuse as well...

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

@Makingtrax it mentions the Wenger abuse as well...
Shocking stuff. People can get away with saying some vile things on social media, because they're hiding behind a keyboard. It's not a world for the sensitive to hang out, that's for sure. If I was manager of club I'd get written into the contract that players have no social media presence other than though the clubs PR until they leave.

Oh_Snap

If I was manager of club I'd get written into the contract that players have no social media presence other than though the clubs PR until they leave.
Bit harsh mate and probably highly illegal. 99% of the players are tame af anyway, the ones who cross their NDA are dealt with internally.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Bit harsh mate and probably highly illegal. 99% of the players are tame af anyway, the ones who cross their NDA are dealt with internally.
Interesting point. An employer can't control private use of social media in an employees own time, but they do have some control if the employee is representing the business or company, or identifying themselves as an employee of a company.

Oh_Snap

But they do have some control if the employee is representing the business or company, or identifying themselves as an employee of a company.
Think there are limits as to how many people actually can represent a company. That's the board normally. And even they might wanna use social media so they'd have to exclude themselves somehow. But i'm by no means a lawyer. Just doesn't feel right.

Keplaz

Its not just football though, its society. They need to be far tougher and Social Media platforms have to close accounts. I read that a police force in UK asked FB for some details last summer. They received a response in Jan!
I think the pandemic is playing a part. People are watching games at home. You don't know how long they've been drinking. Something goes wrong in a game, and they have no outlet for their anger. They go on social media and abuse a player, manager or ref.

I think racism has always been a hidden issue in this country. I think more people harbour racist views than people expect, but they've just become very good at hiding it.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I think the pandemic is playing a part. People are watching games at home. You don't know how long they've been drinking. Something goes wrong in a game, and they have no outlet for their anger. They go on social media and abuse a player, manager or ref.

I think racism has always been a hidden issue in this country. I think more people harbour racist views than people expect, but they've just become very good at hiding it.

I agree the lockdown is having an effect on peoples behaviour. Lots of pent up frustration out there and as you say, many are drinking more. As I said, Social Media have a duty to crack down on this, so too The Gov and police.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Dyche is so weird

Just seen this...wtf, is this real!?

1...Don't be non-white.

2...Don't bring your parents with you to celebrate you signing for the club.

Man, Dyche's non-negotiables are even crazier than Artetas!

Last edited:
Reactions: A_G

Arsenal Quotes

Reyes !!!
Stand up for the Champions!

Martin Tyler's commentary after Jose Antonio Reyes (RIP) scores the winner against Middlesborough
Top Bottom