• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ratings and post-match discussion vs Shakhtar Donetsk

Man of the match

• Fabianski

Votes: 21 61.8%
  • Walcott

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Nasri

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Squillaci

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Fabianski: 7

Eboue: 3
Squillaci: 6.5
Djourou: 6
Clichy: 6

Eastmond: 5
Wilshere: 6
Rosicky: 3

Nasri: 7 - MOTM
Bendtner: 5
Walcott: 6

Subs: N/A

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice

Eboue: 2
Squillaci: 6.5
Clichy: 2

Eastmond:4
Rosicky: 2

Nasri: 7,5 MOTM
Bendtner: 4

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Flappy MOTM

Clichy apart from his unbelievable error decent, Eboue just pathetic, disappointed in Rozza.
Eastmond better than expected, Nasri was good, Wilshere solid as well, Theo apart from the goal not really on the pitch.
Bendy still needs time, but Chamakh didn't really solve our problems either.
Squib was quite good, DJ too (apart from the first 15 mins).

No comment on the Subs.

arsenallegends

Established Member
didn't see you post in the match thread but bang on the for the postgame thread. Nice.

Fabianski: 7 Kept us in with a chance MOTM

Eboue: 4 ****e
Squillaci: 6 MOTM easily if he made that header.
Clichy: 5 Some good runs but very naiive play for Shaktar's 2nd.

Eastmond: 5 Wayward.
Wilshere: 6 Positive but nobody to really work with.
Rosicky: 4 Could have been better positionally off the ball and didn't do much with it.

Nasri: 6 Shoot. Please just pull the trigger when you get yourself in good positions.
Bendtner: 5 Worked spiritedly. Average at best.
Walcott: 6.5 Lovely goal and positive runs.

Subs:
Vela: 5 Opposite of useful again :(
Chamakh All good laying it up but your the target man too!

Team: 6
Valuable experience for many 2nd string players. Not sure if this challenge was beyond them or not since I don't know what kind of an environment we were showing up to.

giuliob

Fabianski - 7 MOTM
Eboue - 4 Looked like a rabbit in the headlights at times
Squillaci - 6
Djourou - 6
Clichy - 4 The ghost of Halloween has followed him to Donetsk
Eastmond - 5 Ok considering it's his 1st CL game
Wilshere - 6.5 Started out well, probably fatigued in later stages of the game
Nasri - 6.5 Wished he had more of the ball; good defense
Rosicky - 5 Disappointing
Theo - 6
Bendtner - 5 Only because he is still working on his fitness issues

Vela - 5
Chamakh - n/a
JET - n/a

outlaw_member

Established Member
Fabianski 6/10

Eboue 4/10
Djourou 5/10
Squillaci 6/10
Clichy 5/10

Eastmond 4/10
Wilshere 7/10
Rosicky 5.5/10

Nasri 6/10
Walcott 6/10
Bendtner 4/10

Lespin

Fabianski: 7 Good solid game.
Eboué: 2 Worst game since that Wigan game at home.
Djourou 4 Shaky as always.
Squillaci 5 Needs to play next to a better central defender.
Clichy 4 Plays way to inconsistent. Poor decision making throughout the game.

Wilshere: 7 The man with the solution. Still feel that he needs a holding MF behind him though.
Eastmond 5,5 Put in a fair performance considering his talent and potential.
Rosicky 5 To anonymous. As a senior member of this squad, i feel he should take a lot more initiative.

Nasri 5,5 Should have played in the centre from the start. Also felt he was quite anonymous.
Walcott 6 Thought he was okay but didn't do that much besides scoring a sweet goal.
Bendtner 4 Still needs to work on his first touch and he has to stop moving into channels.

Vela: thought he looked quite eager for once. That decision to try and dribble to players at the end of the game when he could have easily passed it to Rosicky (if i'm not mistaken) is inexcusable though. Might be a sign that he hasn't matured much in the last years.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

Eboue: 4
Squillaci: 6
Djourou: 5
Clichy: 5

Rosicky: 6

Nasri: 6

Subs
Vela: 6
JET: N.A
Chamakh: N.A

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Eboue and Rosicky were useless throughout the game in my opinion. I'm not happy with Eboue as our only backup for Sagna and Rosicky really shouldn't be playing unless we're already a few goals up. He's so sloppy that it's unreal. And not because he tries particularly hard things either. As the senior player on the field he should be leading the way, not being embarrassed by the juniors he's there to guide.

Bendtner was bad again too and didn't score a great goal to make up for it this time. He doesn't turn quickly enough when he's got his back towards the goal and he overcompensates by dropping way too deep without getting back into position again. We didn't have any shape at all for the first sixty minutes, and no link-up play except for what Nasri and Wilshere contributed with either. There was a significant improvement once Chamakh came on, and though he screwed up one particularly good chance at least he was there.

If those three hadn't been playing we'd won this game. People can say what they want about Eastmond but he wasn't that bad. He was a bit unfortunate, maybe. But Eastmond has never started a Champions League game before in his life. Bendtner, Eboue and Rosicky all have years of experience. They should do better than this.

squallkid

Established Member

Eboue: Doesn't even deserve a rating
Djourou: 4
Clichy: 3

Wilshere: 7
Rosicky: 3

Nasri: 5
Walcott: 8

godfather

Eboue: 4
Clichy: 5

Eastmond: 6
Rosicky: 6

Nasri: 7

yuvken

Established Member
Fabiansky and Squill good, encouraging from DJ.
Jack is still not playing a whole game in the same level. In the second half
his spark was missing.
Today I finally lost patience with Eboue.
Disappointed with Chamakh's (late) entrance.

We bought ourselves an away game against a team who suddenly feel they're in it.
If we don't get a big injury problem, I'm not too worried.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Fabianski: 7 - good all round game, could do little to stop the goals.

Eboue: 4.5 - Poor at both ends.
Squillaci: 6 - decent enough. dominant aerially.
Djourou: 5 -generally poor, made some good standing tackles
Clichy: 5 - got turned frequently. shocker for 2nd goal

Eastmond: 5 - Completely invisible and woeful in possession
Wilshere: 6.5 - tried to make things happen
Rosicky: 6 - average

Nasri: 6.5 - good in possession
Bendtner: 5 - poor
Walcott: 6.5 - looked dangerous

Subs
Vela: 6
JET: N.A
Chamakh: N.A

giuliob

I thought Chamakh did just fine except for one misstep. The problem was he should have been on the pitch earlier. Same with JET.
Bendtner had a difficult game, he is not match fit yet. Whatever else, he struggled out there. Thought Chamakh was an improvement. Too little, too late.
Jack seemed to tire in the second half, maybe lack of playing time.
But my disappointment is aimed at Roz, Eboue, Clichy. What the !!! Most of the players showed desire but Roz looked clueless, Eboue afraid, and Clichy careless.

Bossa

Established Member
Fabianski 8
Eboué 4
Squillaci 7
Djourou 5
Clichy 4
Eastmond 6
Wilshere 7
Rosicky 4
Nasri 6
Walcott 6
Bendtner 5

Vela 5

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Worth mentioning is that while Clichy made another dumb mistake he had a good game otherwise. He looked like he was uncomfortable with playing the ball back to the midfield when no one really stepped in to offer an option. He should have just put the ball over the line instead though. Many of the mistakes he's made in the last two seasons could've been avoided that way.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Bendtner was very poor. He couldn't even control the ball, which meant that we couldn't sustain any pressure in the final third, or build attacks quickly. He's much better facing the play, and doesn't look comfortable at all with his back to play.

Bossa

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
Eboue and Rosicky were useless throughout the game in my opinion. I'm not happy with Eboue as our only backup for Sagna and Rosicky really shouldn't be playing unless we're already a few goals up. He's so sloppy that it's unreal. And not because he tries particularly hard things either. As the senior player on the field he should be leading the way, not being embarrassed by the juniors he's there to guide.

Bendtner was bad again too and didn't score a great goal to make up for it this time. He doesn't turn quickly enough when he's got his back towards the goal and he overcompensates by dropping way too deep without getting back into position again. We didn't have any shape at all for the first sixty minutes, and no link-up play except for what Nasri and Wilshere contributed with either. There was a significant improvement once Chamakh came on, and though he screwed up one particularly good chance at least he was there.

If those three hadn't been playing we'd won this game. People can say what they want about Eastmond but he wasn't that bad. He was a bit unfortunate, maybe. But Eastmond has never started a Champions League game before in his life. Bendtner, Eboue and Rosicky all have years of experience. They should do better than this.

Rosicky has been frustrating for a while now. I think that he's overrated by a lot of members here. For me when you are a senior player, you need to be a leader on the pitch and perform at a constant level. That Wilshere showed more maturity says enough for me. Rosicky is constantly losing the ball and play poor passes. He takes too much risk in his game and he doesnt add anything into the game. No goals and no assists, worthless player and I hope that he goes next summer when Ramsey is fit again.

And watching Bendtner today makes me realise that Chamakh should be ahead of him any day of the week. Bendtner takes too many touches to control and trap a ball and he's so slow and not mobile at all unlike Chamakh who's a master at controlling the ball, keeping possesion and linking up play effectively. With Chamakh our defending starts with him up front. But Bendtner is still a good striker to have around.

Oh and I think that we seriously should get rid of Vela.

/rant over

Y va marquer

Established Member
I did what a month ago I would have thought to be insane.....voted Fabianski as MOTM.

Definitely kept the scoreline respectable given that he wasn't well protected by either his back 4 or his MF.

Corner backs were noteworthily sloppy and dozy.

Highlight of the game - Wilshere to Theo to back of the net.
Must watch that a few more times :)

Arsenal Quotes

A team can attack for too long. The most opportune time for scoring is immediately after repelling an attack, because opponents are then strung out in the wrong half of the field. All the men are expected to play to plan, but not so as to stifle individuality

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom