• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ratings and post-match discussion vs Sunderland

Man of the Match

• Almunia

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Koscielny

Votes: 36 69.2%
  • Squillaci

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Other

Votes: 4 7.7%

• Total voters

IBL

Established Member
Sorry Ricky but I dont buy that when you miss so wildly as he did, wasnt exactly a world cup finals match where the pressure is immense.

Anyhow I'm disappointed that Nasri didnt take it, Rosicky would have been far down my list of potential takers

ricky1985

Established Member
Did you see his face when he was placing the ball on the spot? Pressure written all over his face, and of course it was a massive moment, not just for the team, but for him personally. When was the last time he had that sort of responsibility on his shoulders?

Anyway, I'm not arguing it was a poor penalty, just saying he's not the first and won't be the last to miss under pressure.

IBL

Established Member
I couldnt see his face as the stream I had was quite choppy, his body language suggested he was composed enough. Begs the question though why was he the one to take it if he clearly wasnt comfortable with the idea?

Gunner_JT

Well being Captain, I think he had a responsibility and that was to take initiative and get us what would have been a match winning goal.

banduan

Established Member
Al,Sagna,Kosh,Squil- 7 These guys were solid but not tremendous. They did let some chances through.

Clichy- 4 plenty of good moments but some seriously bad ones where he makes serious tactical errors.

Song- 3 quite simply bad. Holds onto ball too long.

Cesc- 6 lucky goal but looked jaded.

Jack- 6 definitely knackered!

Shava- 4 not sure if played

Nasri- 6 Started off poorly but really picked up towards the end of the match. Superstition has no place in professionals, Sammy.

Chamakh- 6 great ball retention but play isn't sharp.

--
Rozza- 6 good game spoilt by peno. Shoulda let Chamakh take it!

Denilson- 5 showed why Jack has displaced him. Will lose out to Ramsey as well. Average at everything except making simple passes.

Biggus

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
Making this a quick one. Vote, rate, talk. I've got family over for dinner and can't be arsed with this shower of **** today.
Hold on a minute Klaus, Al????

I mean he was competent but a place on the poll?

FFS.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Guys this isn't pro evo. There's only a slight misjudgement required for a penalty to end up way off target. Rosicky did more to earn us that penalty and generally lift our performance than anyone else on the pitch. I see his penalty miss as no worse than Chamakh, Arshavin or Song's misses.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Big Poppa said:
Guys this isn't pro evo. There's only a slight misjudgement required for a penalty to end up way off target. Rosicky did more to earn us that penalty and generally lift our performance than anyone else on the pitch. I see his penalty miss as no worse than Chamakh, Arshavin or Song's misses.

But penalties are much harder on the new pro evo :wink:

Still, I've seen people miss plenty of one on one's but penalties usually at least hit the target.

MAK 14

Established Member
-Shaun- said:
MAK 14 said:
Rosicky 6 - Awful, awful penalty.

It obviously wasn't any good because it was off target, but you're making it out to be absolutely atrocious. Tomas actually struck the ball really well with a lot of power. If it had been just slightly lower we would be saying what a great strike it was (don't forget it actually brushed the bar).

People dismiss missed penalties too easily. For instance, if a player rolls the ball slowly into the bottom right corner and the goalkeeper dives left, the commentators always say it was an amazing penalty took with fantastic composure. However you get the same penalty, the 'keeper dives the correct way and suddenly it's horrendous. Okay, maybe I am rambling, but... I know what I mean!
At this level, it was an awful penalty. I'm all for smashing it into the middle of the goal but the number 1 rule is to not strike the ball so it goes off target. Obviously he didn't mean to - no one means to miss a penalty - but it is rather disappointing because that was a crucial moment in the match. If we had scored I'm sure we would have gone on to win the game.

flobaba

Gotta disagree Big. It's a penalty. It's not some shot from 25 yards or some one on one situation that a keeper with great reflexes can get to. You should be able to pick your spot and place it. 10 times out of 10. With his experience, he should know better than to go for uncontrolled power, especially at such a crucial point in the game.

Whilst I'm not one to single out individual players for blame, especially when they are generally decent players, this was a very important moment in a very important game, and our stand in captain let us down. That was a **** up of Nani-esque proportions. Facht.

Proof

Established Member
Almunia - 7

Sagna - 7
Koscileny - 8 MOTM
Squillaci - 7
Clichy - 4

Wilshere - 6
Fabregas - 6
Song - 5

Nasri - 6
Chamakh - 6
Arshavin - 5

Subs:
Rosicky - 6
Denilson - 5

Glovegun

Established Member
Rosicky's finishing is awful in general. He seems to lose all composure and just smashes it goalwards. I'd rather have given the pen to Arshavin were he still on the field, Nasri, or even Wilshere.

Ultimately, you should never miss a penalty. The odds are heavily stacked in your favour. Hit the back of the net.

Bossa

Established Member
I saw Denilson take a penalty, very cool... Maybe Rosicky demanded the penalty because he was the captain.

fabo

6.51 / 10
squallkid said:
Rosicky 0 That is all

Huh? Rosicky was superb when he came on. The penalty doesn't change anything.

What about the great man from pre-season, super Samir Nasri. Useless c**t.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Nasri was good in the second half, Rozza too; both were abysmal in the first.

How someone can claim now that Rozza was good, but blame Nasri is a joke.
Both did a good job in the second half, end of.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Nasri was crap.

Rosicky was our best player second half. He missed a pen, big deal. Better players have missed them. The blame lies with Clichy for that weak attempt at a clearance.

Still can't defend, still winning nothing.

And yet another poor display away. As I said yesterday, we've played possibly 2 or 3 good matches away from home in the last year - disgraceful. We become a different team when we leave the comforts of the Emirates.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Disagree strongly, that Nasri was crap.
Rozza was our playmaker and our heart yesterday no doubt about that, but Nasri did well too.
His ability to hold the ball when necessary and his general display after we'd gone down to ten men was quite good. Not to mention, that he won us the penalty.

That we can't defend is a bit of a harsh statement. 3/4 or our back4 have been solid all game and Clichy let us down in the last minute.

Agree with the rest, though.
Some of our recent away performances have been shocking to say the least.

jay-d

Established Member
fabo said:
Nasri was crap.

Rosicky was our best player second half. He missed a pen, big deal. Better players have missed them. The blame lies with Clichy for that weak attempt at a clearance.

Still can't defend, still winning nothing.

And yet another poor display away. As I said yesterday, we've played possibly 2 or 3 good matches away from home in the last year - disgraceful. We become a different team when we leave the comforts of the Emirates.

Nasri was crap? Now I've heard it all. He was far from it. his secong game back from a knee albeit minor op I thought he was very good as did the majority of people. But you seem to be turning into a bit of a controversy seeker with your comments on players like Nasri, Vela and Song. None of whom are bad footballers at all.

mo50

Established Member
I was pleased with Nasri in the second half and after sleeping on it, Rosicky did have a very good performance. He kept everything ticking and looked sharp. Also played Chamakh through with a lovely touch.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Haha, no not looking for controversy mate. I think Vela is a bit meh, but credit to him for scoring a few goals. Still can't see him contributing significantly over the season.

Almunia...........7.....good game tbf.

Sagna...........6
Squillaci.........6
Koscielny...........7
Clichy..........4

Song...........3
Wilshere..........7

Nasri........5
Chamakh........6.....worked hard but his finishing cost us.
Arshavin.......5

Rosicky........7

Arsenal Quotes

What is unbelievable is that I am in a position where people reproach me for making a profit. The people who lose money – nobody says a word.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom